daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
My husband had one last summer and it went off every hour during the day and every 2 hours at night. I hated the noise and it woke me up each time :( I am dreading it when my dr decides I need it too - I think he wants to amortise the cost of it.

ClaireG 06

I bet my husband will snore through it :lol: Actually i'm not sure what's worse the whirring sounds or his snoring :lol:

sugar2

Justreplied, but it was lost...so if it now appears twice..sorry!

Good luck with the new meds. I had one of those 24 hours things, when it went off at work, I would sit, and smile dreamily out the window...not sure what my colleaugues thought!

ClaireG 06

Ahhhhhhhhhhh :evil: :evil: Have had my monitor taken off. It was a woman i saw today and not the chap i saw yesterday. I told what the chap had said about if my BP was really high they might need to admit me or start me on new meds. She said "oh no dear, i can't read the machine, only the consultant can do that". Then she went on to say it will take 4-5 days before the consultant gets the machine and readings and probably a month or two before i get to see him. She took my blood pressure again and it was 206/115, she said "oh love calm down, you must be very anxious". I then told her all my symptoms and that i've been to a&e umpteen times etc and all see said was "well if your worried go back to a&e" . Stopped at Asda on way home and got my own monitor, sat here relaxing with a cuppa and then tested 205/110. Phoned Drs but no appointments until next Tuesday . I can't go on like this and don't know what to do anymore. It is impacting on my life so much.

Unbeliever

No you can't go on like this. Your GP surgery must have some emergency appointments available every day. Just turn up and ask to see the Dr urgently but be prepared to wait.

Don't let them fob you off.

sugar2

Oh Claire! It really is time they started looking into this more seriously. To be honest, I am not surprised that they could not give you instant results...I think that is usual, but you really don't want another weekend not knowing what is going on.

teh person who should be doing this pushing is your GP (I think!) but they don't seem to be helpful. In limited experience of hospitals and A=E, I would say that you do need to go back to them, during teh day, during the week and get stubborn. The right consultant should be available during the day, during teh week, so may come and look at you, or at least give the A+E staff some advice. I realise that you can't just turn up at A+E, adn I not suggesting that you falsify symptoms at all, but if you are getting readings like you describe, I am guessing that NHS will direct you to A+E anyway? If at all possible, push to see the correct consultant while you are at A+E. Sorry, I wish I could help...I can do polite but stubborn quite well.

Or as said above, the GP...you are obviously worried about strokes. I also agree, just turn up if you can.

C

catherinecherub

Hi Claire,

What a pickle,total incompetence IMHO.. You couldn't make it up.
Phone your surgery again and ask for an emergency appointment. If they cannot accommodate you then insist on a home visit. You really need to be seen as a priority and IMHO this is an emergency. Your BP is too high and is dangerous.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Claire try this number
Blood Pressure Information Line Call 0845 241 0989
http://www.bpassoc.org.uk/Supportingyou

Could try driving out of area new PCT then go to A&E out for th day and all that

If you have the funds Could try private hospital going rate £300 for MOT

ClaireG 06

Just been down to the Drs. They are insistant that there are no appointments even emergency ones :roll: I told her what was going on and even burst into tears as i've just had enough.
Thanks for that number Bob will try that :) Unfortunatly, i can't afford to go private or i would like a shot.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Claire,

Have you tried speaking to your PALS (Patient Advisory and Liaison Service)? When the DSN at my GPs was refusing me testing strips and generally misdiagnosing me, I complained to PALS. They gave me advice on my rights and how to complain - got it sorted out very quickly. Maybe worth a try?

Smidge

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi Claire,

I hope you feel a bit better today...

I hope your still taking logs of what's happening, including names. This is beyond ridiculous. I'm no expert and even i can tell your blood pressure is far too high.

I agree with seeking medical help away from your area. Go to a different A&E if you need to. This isn't the only time your DR's have delayed appointments when it's clearly an emergency, maybe consider changing DR's too?

big BIG hugs!

Wendywu

Dislikes
Track running. Drunks. Bigots and intolerance in any form. Bullying.
Is there any chance you could change GP to a completely different practice? I did that a few years ago and the difference in care given is unbelievable. My old GP googled in front of me once to find out what my symptoms could be! He hated prescribing - I had crippling (literally - couldn't walk more than 15 yards) back pain and he grudgingly let me have some paracetemol and said that there was no other treatment he could offer me. The new practice had me sorted out in no time.

These days I genuinely wonder if my old GP is a qualified doctor at all.

Spearmint

Oh Claire that is shocking :shock: :evil:

I don't know what to suggest but you are right, you can not go on like this :(

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Do you have the good fortune to have a Darzi Centre near you? These are the urgent care GP centres setup under the last Government? We have one near us in Hertfordshire and it is marvellous. It's open 8 'til 8 and you just walk in. The wait was about 15 minutes last time we used it and we had about 30 minutes with the GP there who was very competent. The service was superb for my wife when she had an urgent problem. Worth checking with your PCT?

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Sorry to tell you this
after a recent load of health issues myself I think you are in the early stages of neuropathy. I wasdiagnosed with the same symptons and only then I found out my heart beat istoo fast and I hace an irregular heart beat. I wast prescribed a drub called Bisoprolal hermifumarate
and I am going to the cardiology dept at the hsopital for aprocedure that stopsmy heart then re adjusts its beat I shall keep you informed if you don't hear from me It didn't work . :lol: :lol:
Jf...

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
No laughing matter, JF :shock: :lol:

Best of luck, we'll all be thinking of you - let us know how you get on. You can always come back and haunt us! :D :p :lol:

Viv 8)

C

catherinecherub

JUSTFOCUS said:
Sorry to tell you this
after a recent load of health issues myself I think you are in the early stages of neuropathy. I wasdiagnosed with the same symptons and only then I found out my heart beat istoo fast and I hace an irregular heart beat. I wast prescribed a drub called Bisoprolal hermifumarate
and I am going to the cardiology dept at the hsopital for aprocedure that stopsmy heart then re adjusts its beat I shall keep you informed if you don't hear from me It didn't work . :lol: :lol:
Jf...
Hi,

Try to think positive about this procedure.
We will be thinking of you and look forward to you returning here and updating us.

Take care.

CC.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
JUSTFOCUS said:
Sorry to tell you this
Jf...

I had a similar issue just after I was diagnosed and suffered Supra Ventricular Tachycardia (SVT) and was given a drug to get my heart back into rhythm, Adenosine I am informed by my wife :) was the drug I was given which gives a pretty peculiar feeling that rushes up the body the instant it is injected, not unpleasant but very strange. I was lucky that it worked on the second attempt. My heart beat of 188 was put down to my high bg levels 29 mmol/L or there abouts, I then spent the night in hospital on an insulin drip having my fingers pricked every half hour, in the pad of my finger too, ouch!! If I'd known then what I know now eh? I left hospital with a bg level of around 10 mmol/L on an insulin regeme that soon had my bg under control.

Be positive and try not to worry too much and let us know how it goes for you.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Well JF you know i wish you well mate
What time is it so i can turn some things off ,,So have the electricity needed to bump start You :wink:

Bob