What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
well if it helps....

without seeing pics, i'd swipe right on Mustbea...cooking will be better
"why don't we go for a scandi, i fancy some herring rolls",..said No one..ever..

good luck, braver man then i trusting that there 'internet' dating...:wideyed:
Actually, I adore rollmop herring and Asian not so much. The dating agency I use is very reliable. Bojosredbus.com. Free MDGA (Make Dating Great Again) hat and unicorn egg with every subscription - £2000, Absolute bargain

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have been married for many years which made it even more surprising that he suggested it. Perhaps not a schoolboy error but a 'senior moment '. I did enjoy the shopping though - even if he didn't.

hehehe..i kinda guessed that.:)

maybe he was trying to prove his undying love..:cat:..

but on the down side he's made the rest of us look bad
if word of this ever gets out...(oh, Krystyna's husbands never moans when they go shopping for FIVE HOURS.....:hilarious: )

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hehehe..i kinda guessed that.:)

maybe he was trying to prove his undying love..:cat:..

but on the down side he's made the rest of us look bad
if word of this ever gets out...(oh, Krystyna's husbands never moans when they go shopping for FIVE HOURS.....:hilarious: )
Obvious answer would be well ******** take him then.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.7 this morning at 8 am

It was another stressful day yesterday. Been ‘fighting’ the dual fuel company to return over £500 credit (I pay direct debit and it accumulates) for a few months and it had gone to official complaint and further.

It is not easy when their chat goes to Mumbai and their operators use cut and paste prepared answers which bear no relation to the problem. Even any email went to somewhere similar with cut and paste answers which also bore no relation to the problems.

I am quite capable of fighting my own battles but I was worn out with this one. So a friend stepped in. She is a mathematician and did spreadsheets and stuff to prove I was paying too much direct debit for fuel I use. The company kept putting the direct debit up. She also went on the chat pretending she was me. She had the mathematical facts better than I had. Over half an hour later of intense chat to Mumbai and her digging her heels in every step of the way, I got my half grand refunded to my account, and the direct debit reduces to a correct amount.

RESULT!!!!!

I am so grateful to her. The help of friends is invaluable.

By the way for all of you who suggested and recommended the Montezuma’s absolute black chocolate with cocoa and orange nibs...I love it!!
Thank you so much for telling me about it. Only 8 carbs for the whole bar, and this is also going to be invaluable on the days when I am so stressed and I need to pig out.

Thank you for being here in this forum.
I try every day to read all the posts because there is a lot of information here and individual ideas.

Take care.
Enjoy the day.
This is going to be the most fantastic day of your life!!!
I am now off to seize the day and have breakfast with a friend.
>^..^<
Energy companies. Collect your facts, on record, and all paperwork. At some point you can complain, but need the details to support your claim.
Have a great breakfast, eggs bacon and all the other pleasures that we are allowed. Montezuma chocolate is what used to be known as "cooking chocolate". Needs the skill of a competent cook to convert it into an enjoyable treat.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a great breakfast, eggs bacon and all the other pleasures that we are allowed. Montezuma chocolate is what used to be known as "cooking chocolate". Needs the skill of a competent cook to convert it into an enjoyable treat.
I love that kind of breakfast!
And it was good!

The chocolate...
I could cover some blueberries with it?
Or strawberries...just a few?
>^..^<

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love that kind of breakfast!
And it was good!

The chocolate...
I could cover some blueberries with it?
Or strawberries...just a few?
>^..^<
I'm still trying to convert the Montezuma chocolate 100% into an edible treat.I think that some Normandy butter, nuts, cream and an artificial sweetener may do it. I'm not a chocoholic, a certain woman on this forum led me astray.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Just got back in and catching up. There has been so much action. @ianpspurs sounds like he need to lie down (minus Elsie etc) in a very dark room. @gennepher has taken the heavy guns to the water company and been victorious. @johnpol @karen8967 @philchap1 have had a horrible run of hypos, hugs all round. Dogs are running riot in their backgardens, artificial grass and is there nothing a labrador wont eat! @Cumberland wins for the worst luck ever...glad the ankle isnt broken though sprains can be very painful...what is going to happen to walking Wispa? Hugs to you too and Wispa just because. Phew...I am taking a rest now.

Hello
Luckily Mrs Cumbs can walkies with Wispa and our neighbour took her for walkies at 8pm this evening so that’s a huge bonus

Thanks @PenguinMum

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually, I adore rollmop herring and Asian not so much. The dating agency I use is very reliable. Bojosredbus.com. Free MDGA (Make Dating Great Again) hat and unicorn egg with every subscription - £2000, Absolute bargain

Hmmm......... I know unicorns poop butterflies. I didn't know they laid eggs!

Reactions: Freema

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Energy companies. Collect your facts, on record, and all paperwork. At some point you can complain, but need the details to support your claim.

Next time I will check for Montezuma in the cooking section. Yesterday i looked for it in the British section of the international section. I found Terry's orange chocolate, but not Montezuma.

The usual brand of cooking chocolate I've seen here is Baker's.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay! good results at the doctor's today. BP 135/76 which is the lowest I can remember it ever being. A1C was 6, up .2 points from January. I think that translates to 42.1? It's in the green "Good" zone on the conversion chart I found online.

I won't get the results on LDL cholesterol until tomorrow or Friday. I'm hoping it will be down.

With my blood pressure doing so well, the doctor said I am good to go for horseback riding again, as well as going places like church, both of which I've missed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! good results at the doctor's today. BP 135/76 which is the lowest I can remember it ever being. A1C was 6, up .2 points from January. I think that translates to 42.1? It's in the green "Good" zone on the conversion chart I found online.

I won't get the results on LDL cholesterol until tomorrow or Friday. I'm hoping it will be down.

With my blood pressure doing so well, the doctor said I am good to go for horseback riding again, as well as going places like church, both of which I've missed.
That is fantastic news and well deserved.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Next time I will check for Montezuma in the cooking section. Yesterday i looked for it in the British section of the international section. I found Terry's orange chocolate, but not Montezuma.

The usual brand of cooking chocolate I've seen here is Baker's.
Montezuma cooking chocolate. Need a recipe. This is not like Cadburys or Hersheys. I tried grating the Montezuma into some Greek yoghurt, no good. Where is Juliette Binoche when you need her?

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

excellent news @SaskiaKC

i know how much you love the horses..:)

( score same as my last one, twinnie..;) )