Type 1 Diabetic blisters

RichardHawkings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just reviving/updating this, does anyone know if one should definitely get same day help if blisters appear? Some sites say only do this if they are red. I'm T2 and had one appear a few weeks ago (not red), it seems to be subsiding.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just reviving/updating this, does anyone know if one should definitely get same day help if blisters appear? Some sites say only do this if they are red. I'm T2 and had one appear a few weeks ago (not red), it seems to be subsiding.

If the blister was on my feet and I had any concerns about my feet and/or circulation, I'd seek immediate help, as these things can get very out of hand very quickly - certainly in under a few weeks.

Sometimes it's better to be overly safe than end up incredibly sorry.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
What’s a diabetic blister please?

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner

Straight Away........I ended up losing a toe because I left things too long!

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
To add as a type one, I and my t1 relatives have had numerous blisters that we got in the same way the norms did, high heels, bad trainers ect. Popped the fluid out, put a plaster on it, hobbled for a while. Just took us longer to recover is all