Fantastic News

alembic1989

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just had my diabetes review today, and I'm over the moon. My last Hba1c was 70 ( go wanted to put me on meds...I'm currently diet controlled). BP was 160/91.
Today Hba1c was 43. BP 122/68.
She told me that I had achieved my goal of sending my diabetes into reverse/ remission... and added that in all her years as a GP, she had never seen anyone achieve what I've managed, and also very interestingly added that they could NOT have achieved these results using medication.
I did this by rigorous exercise, and a very low carb diet..medium protein, high fat... and it worked. I started on
7th Jan 2019... and my review was today, so approximately 3 months.
The other great thing is I've found a way if eating that is sustainable, and doesn't require will power. It has been extra tricky for me ad I'm a vegetarian so meat wasn't an option, but eggs & cheese no prob.
I'm REALLY HAPPY!!!
My diabetes is in remission...its official!!
I hope this might inspire others.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had my diabetes review today, and I'm over the moon. My last Hba1c was 70 ( go wanted to put me on meds...I'm currently diet controlled). BP was 160/91.
She told me that I had achieved my goal of sending my diabetes into reverse/ remission... and added that in all her years as a GP, she had never seen anyone achieve what I've managed, and also very interestingly added that they could NOT have achieved these results using medication.
I did this by rigorous exercise, and a very low carb diet..medium protein, high fat... and it worked. I started on
The other great thing is I've found a way if eating that is sustainable, and doesn't require will power. It has been extra tricky for me ad I'm a vegetarian so meat wasn't an option, but eggs & cheese no prob.
I'm REALLY HAPPY!!!
Wow brilliant news... well done you and confounding the doctor too.. what a success!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Well done 'Alembic 1989 my friend,I have just had my 2 yearly review no meds just exercise and diet and about 100 carbs daily,and my results were 1HbAc 6.5 /47 mmol/mol,for my age(74) I am quite pleased with my own personal achievement,although my cholesterol has raised a little from 4.8 to 5.5, the receptionist said we have sent you a dietary book out (LOL),anyway well done my friend enjoy your success .

Reactions: 1spuds
D

Deleted Account

Fantastic news!
I hope you will stay around the forum for a while. There are many who would benefit from your experience and knowledge; achieving this as a vegetarian is less common so there is a perceived difficulty without meat which puts off some contributors.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I'm REALLY HAPPY!!!
Well done! Well done indeed that is really impressive and I wish you the best of luck in the future too :cat:

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely wonderful results. Well done and fabulous return on your hard work. Go you!

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations! Your perseverance makes you a winner!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great news @alembic1989

i notice you joined much earlier, had you changed something particular to achieve such a great score.
currently going the LCHF route, and it's working well, but always open to new ideas.

again fantastic results..and high praise from the doctor, to boot :D

made up for you, mate.