Type 2 Ice cream recommendations?

Rdan

Hi friends-

I am wondering if anyone can recommend an ice cream I can buy that is best for T2 diabetics. I don’t plan to eat it all the time but if I want a small splurge. Thank you!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a look at Oppo (low carb) or possibly Halo Top (lowish carb) - both use erythritol and stevia as sugar alternatives. but some flavours are more carby than others, and ingredients differ - some are closer to real ice cream (made with eggs, dairy) than others. Use your meter as your "suitability" guide.

It might be worth looking too at low carb or ketogenic ice cream recipes if you're willing to make your own.

Robbity

loiphamp

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Other
Hi friends-

I am wondering if anyone can recommend an ice cream I can buy that is best for T2 diabetics. I don’t plan to eat it all the time but if I want a small splurge. Thank you!
ice cream sugar free yes

KookieMunchster

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Religious & Political Fanaticism, that sneeze that just won't happen, creepy ventriloquist dolls and oompaloompas.
Have a look at Oppo (low carb) or possibly Halo Top (lowish carb) - both use erythritol and stevia as sugar alternatives. but some flavours are more carby than others, and ingredients differ - some are closer to real ice cream (made with eggs, dairy) than others. Use your meter as your "suitability" guide.

It might be worth looking too at low carb or ketogenic ice cream recipes if you're willing to make your own.

Robbity

Love Oppo!
I recently discovered that you can get Halo Top in Iceland’s food warehouse at £3.50 as opposed to the £5 it is at the posher super markets!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another Oppo fan here! The chocolate hazelnut one is my favourite! :hungry:

Reactions: Rdan

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep Oppo is pretty good. My fav is the vanilla or salted caramel. Managed to buy a freezer full as asda discontinued them... £1.50 a tub bargain.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tend to buy extra thick double cream and just mix it in with some frozen blueberries. Tricks my brain into thinking it's ice cream. :)

Reactions: KookieMunchster