I think I have neuropathy symptoms

Hi,

I was diagnosed in January this year. My HBA1C has gone from 61 then, to 39 a few weeks ago. My cholesterol has improved and my GP took me off my metformin yesterday. I am a shift worker and two nights ago, had low blood pressure and a lightheadedness. This lasted for a few hours until I slept after my night shift.

In the last two days, my hands and feet have been very cold and today started with tingling in hands, feet and legs. I noticed the outside light felt very bright this morning when I went for a walk. I have felt lightheaded, had a headache and a bit zoned out if that makes any sense. Without wanting to diagnose myself, some of the symptoms fit with neuropathy. I told my GP yesterday about the lightheadedness and low BP but he didn't say anything further. I have also had a funny taste in my mouth.

Does anyone have any advice ? I understand that if it is neuropathy, then to have my blood sugars in control is a good thing. When I have felt unwell like this, I have tested my blood sugar and it is always about 7-8.

Thanks - Mike.

JohnH2019

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had your nutrient levels tested via something like Genova Diagnostic FMV metabolite tests? I had full on paresthesia of hands and feet for a while that were resolved once I had my diet revamped, and nutrient deficiencies resolved.

Often overlooked is that when the pancreas is taxed for a long time, there is also an exocrine impact, meaning you are not producing enough pancreatic enzymes to break down food properly. Malabsorption can be due to EPI (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency), but also things like small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) or candida yeast overgrowth that often are caused by bad, excessive sugar/carb diet. Have you had those checked?

Have you had your thyroid tested properly (including free T3, free T4, reverse T3, antibodies)?

Have you looked into 'Primal' living and eating?

Last edited:

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am at this very moment going through the same thing light headedness feeling of nerve pain headaches and been taking down to 1 metforming a day I am awaiting a doctors appointment to get these checked out

Reactions: Kevin259

Caprock94

Hi,

I was diagnosed in January this year. My HBA1C has gone from 61 then, to 39 a few weeks ago. My cholesterol has improved and my GP took me off my metformin yesterday. I am a shift worker and two nights ago, had low blood pressure and a lightheadedness. This lasted for a few hours until I slept after my night shift.

In the last two days, my hands and feet have been very cold and today started with tingling in hands, feet and legs. I noticed the outside light felt very bright this morning when I went for a walk. I have felt lightheaded, had a headache and a bit zoned out if that makes any sense. Without wanting to diagnose myself, some of the symptoms fit with neuropathy. I told my GP yesterday about the lightheadedness and low BP but he didn't say anything further. I have also had a funny taste in my mouth.

Does anyone have any advice ? I understand that if it is neuropathy, then to have my blood sugars in control is a good thing. When I have felt unwell like this, I have tested my blood sugar and it is always about 7-8.

Thanks - Mike.

Did your symptoms start before or after dropping your BG levels? Any improvement?