What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My father was an electrical engineer. My mother told me that her second career choice would have been librarianship -- which was my career choice.

As you probably know, I was a public children's librarian. After I returned to work after many years (when my son was older), I was an unlicenced supply (substitute) teacher (decided not to go back to teacher's college in my late 50s). i did mainly special education classes, kindergarten and middle school

Strange how many parallels with have in our lives isn't it?

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had a good sleep and up at a decent time...did absolutely sweet FA yesterday...lounged round...watched rubbish TV...did no exercise at all...I've slackened off on my activity recently....too many carbs... been in the sixes for over a week now time to remedy that...woke to a 6.2

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Morning...had a good sleep and up at a decent time...did absolutely sweet FA yesterday...lounged round...watched rubbish TV...did no exercise at all...I've slackened off on my activity recently....too many carbs... been in the sixes for over a week now time to remedy that...woke to a 6.2

Come on Bubbsie stop slacking..;)

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 for me. A good night's sleep (no migraines). Spent some of yesterday in the sunshine weeding the garden ready to plant veg plants when I am sure the frost has passed, here in N W England that can be as late as mid May.
This low carb game is effective but some what expensive. I spent yesterday evening trying on my summer wardrobe - untouched since last October. I wear shorts and t shirts from mid April to mid October. I have lost 1.5 stones and nothing fits. I will have to go and buy new clothes today!! A quick visit to George is in order. I don't want to pay a lot as I need to lose another 2 stone at least and then I will need a different size again.
Take care

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, not just good, beautiful, 4.8 on the testing dice which is too good to be right but also too good to do another test.
Have a fabbo day all you lovely people, I don't know what my day will involve but I'm sure I will be told soon enough.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi this isn’t really on the theme of this thread but more a query.
I have a gp appointment next week and have been asked to get FASTING bloods done the week before. I am T1 and have never been required to get fasting bloods done before so assumed this was an error and went yesterday to my gp treatment room. Nurse wouldn’t do my bloods as I wasn’t fasting. Truth is I would never get behind the wheel of my car fasting as I don’t think I’d be safe and could have to sit and wait ages to get seen so am afraid of taking a hypo. Any t1 out there can advise??
i was told a couple of months ago that i had to go for fasting bloods and before i had got called in i had to eat due to having a hypo needless to say bloods were not done .when i arrived home i phoned my diabetes team and was told that type 1s should not be sent for fasting bloods and gp must of made a mistake complained to surgery as this was quite a stressful experience and their answer was our mistake wont do it again so i would get in touch with surgery and tell them this i take it the nurse in gp treatment room was not a diabetic nurse hope you get it sorted x

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mornng All. 6.1 at 08.15 wish I had measured earlier. Bit of light gardening this morning and then drive to South London to pick up son. Have got all the food bought and cooked a Chicken Bhuna for tonight. I glanced at the pack of Choc & orange Hot X Buns and one bun is the amount of carbs I aim to eat in a day! No way! Thats more than two whole bars of Lindt 90!
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i was told a couple of months ago that i had to go for fasting bloods and before i had got called in i had to eat due to having a hypo needless to say bloods were not done .when i arrived home i phoned my diabetes team and was told that type 1s should not be sent for fasting bloods and gp must of made a mistake complained to surgery as this was quite a stressful experience and their answer was our mistake wont do it again so i would get in touch with surgery and tell them this i take it the nurse in gp treatment room was not a diabetic nurse hope you get it sorted x
I think they ask for fasting bloods for an accurate check on cholesterol, liver and kidney function, I always get an early as possible appointment, if your basal insulin is correct you should be fine.