Easter ideas!!

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Just been researching how to make a low carb easter Pashka, like a Russian cheesecake.
So I've made this recipe higher carb before and it's fab.
Www.food network.com/recipes/easter-cheese-mold-pashka-recipe
I am gonna make it subbing the sugar with erythritol and only using 1/8 cup raisins not 1/2. I was going to use ricotta for the farmers cheese and philly for the cream cheese.
I've worked out that its about 9 net carbs a portion (8 portions in all). Obv if you miss out raisins its less. Would be nice to use toasted flaked almonds to decorate .... Now to figure out a low carb kulich or easter bread... @Chook you did say you wanted recipes!!!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Angelofthemarches - Yes I did - and that looks lovely. Let me know how you get on with it - if yours turns out okay then I'll have a go :)

What Mr C has asked is for me to try find a hot cross bun recipe that actually tastes like a proper hot cross bun. I made some last year that weren't nice at all.

Reactions: Ultramum

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the links missing a bit: - try this one: www.food network.com/recipes/easter-cheese-mold-pashka-recipe

It sounds yummy! There shouldn't be any need to replace the cream cheese - it's a genuine low carb food. But if you want to do then don't swap it for a low fat version of Philly or anything else as they will be higher in carbs/sugar.

The only low carb issues I'd have would be the sugar, raisins, and candied fruit, all the rest I'd consider fine as a lovely low carb treat - and the almonds would do nicely for decoration too.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Might put a bit of chopped 90% chocolate in. As mentioned, will sub erithrytol or similar for sugar and decrease raisins drastically