What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh you can! It upset her hence why I've taken it on. What's the odds of them apologising to her?

When I was dealing with my late Mother's application for probate, in dealing with her main bankers, they declined the (correct) date of birth I was giving them (security questions on a phone call). They insisted and insisted I was wrong, until I eventually tried my even then late Father's date of birth.

At that point my Father had been dead 18 years. The person I was speaking to was mortified when I pointed out exactly what had transpired, but it didn't make it hurt less, or maake it any less shabby.

I made a very strong official complaint about the whole experience. It was a disgrace it happened at all, but even moreso in such a delicate area.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my WORD @shelley262 what a Hollywood vamp silhouette! You look fabulous-- the modeling contracts are going to come pouring in! Wonderful article, too. Were you happy with what they printed? Enjoy family meal, too!
Bfast a departure, tried bc of what last night's chia pudding did to BGs. 2 carbs of chia/soy/cinnamon pudding, which is a giant huge amount, egg, beginnings of DWSAC.
Lunch rest of decaf, a seltzer, and one gorgeous ripe green olive, Castel-something. Eating with Mom in car and she guilted me into eating
BG plummeted by 7 hr. Personal best, well within normal. Yay! The chia pudding, unfortunately, has been sitting like a cannon ball. And I desperately desired something more avocado- or orange juice-like. Might not be sustainable.
Having some chix broth and may break down for DWC.
Supper celery, wilted spinach, and a low carb salmon burglar from Costco. Maybe an olive (really? No carbs in this type??) and/or a cherry tom or so.
I am falling asleep here on the couch at 4:30 pm, so had better go do laundry and dishes and pay bills. Lolol I just dreamed I said, to someone about something, the words "very secular processing ad"! $5 to anybody who knows what that is.
Thank you - def not going to happen re the modelling comment though at 63 - think even 20 is probably too old! But am happy to easily fit in to a uk size 8 and have lost the weight. Most important thing for me is feeling fit and not depressed. As a carer for an adult autistic 43 year old son and an 88 year old mum who lives 120 miles away this energy and good health is a real asset. I was not coping before. There were bits in article not accurate but broadly ok and important to spread the story about this way of eating working for me and worth trying for other diabetics.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Such a lovely picture @shelley262
WELL DONE!!!
I hope your family have an electronic version of it with enough pixels to print out as a portrait.

Today’s food
B: herb ‘baked’ (actually done in cast iron frying pan) with those herbs, parmesan, garlic and double cream. Gosh, wish I could breakfast like that every day.
L: none
D: Venison burgers. Not homemade :( apparently gluten free, but frankly disappointing.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Such a lovely picture @shelley262
WELL DONE!!!
I hope your family have an electronic version of it with enough pixels to print out as a portrait.

Today’s food
B: herb ‘baked’ (actually done in cast iron frying pan) with those herbs, parmesan, garlic and double cream. Gosh, wish I could breakfast like that every day.
L: none
D: Venison burgers. Not homemade :( apparently gluten free, but frankly disappointing.
Thank you yes photographer sent me all 80! Photos he took! Half in this green dress and half in a Hobbs green cat suit. All very different for me but preferred the m and s dress and shame couldn’t keep it!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast; a salted duck egg - delicious.
Lunch; a left over chicken thigh with a bit of salad in Saracha mayo.
Made some carb free hot cross buns - they didn’t know that they were carb free but I put crosses on them, so they probably still work. Scoffed 2, don’t feel very holy.
Dinner; home made burger with cheese and an egg on top, side salad and some wine.
@shelley262 - Ab Fab

My inaugural batch of salted eggs are 11 days into their brining.. I'm looking forward to the end of the month when I can start testing them.

:hungry:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My inaugural batch of salted eggs are 11 days into their brining.. I'm looking forward to the end of the month when I can start testing them.

:hungry:

Mine are 19 days - I am going to leave the other five for another week now and hope that they are even more delicious.

Reactions: DCUKMod and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Everyone else's food so much nicer than mine!!!

This morning was a visit to Hull to see an aged relative of Mr C. We spent several hours there and I am still not sure of the family connection (if there is one). It's something like Mr C's Mother's cousin's third husband's brother's son by his first wife. Anyway he was a lovely old chap who has had T2 for years and has had loads of complications. He has no idea that his carb rich diet has caused most of them but he has made it to nearly 90 despite all the carbs.

Today...

Breakfast: bacon and eggs (yawn!!!)
Lunch: some cheese and a cup of tea with normal milk
Dinner: Morrison's fish roast (which was 98% salmon), purple sprouting broccoli, asparagus and 80g New potatoes with lots of butter
Drinks: Coffee, still spring water and rather too much wine (drank out in the garden enjoying the lovely weather.)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
In mail today me in green - I’ve changed my avatar temporarily to show one of their photos as don’t often look like this
See
https://mol.im/a/6938665
Today’s three small meals
Breakfast bacon, egg and a mushroom
Lunch tin of sardines in olive oil and small piece of cheese
Dinner salmon in lemon butter, asparagus, cauli cheese and glass white wine and soda followed by jelly and yoghurt
Happy Easter all we have family meal tomorrow I’m so looking forward to it.

Wow - that colour really suits you. :)

Reactions: zauberflote

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lunch yesterday: Prawn and crab salad.
Dinner: Barbequed steak, snags and salad.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water, beer.

What are snags? :) I'm 100% sure the aid 'snag' means something different to you than it does to me..... :)

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@shelley262 so with you on the feeling fit! I am still getting to the pretty fit stage but hope to continue progress all the way to definitely fit... cardio, strength, the whole shebang...before we think about a trip to Scotland. Mr ZF isn't contemplating this trip with the certainty I believe it deserves
@Tipetoo thanks for answering the burning question of the day ;)
Snap on the salmon @Chook ! And you beat me to asking what snags are...now we know.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for asking @Chook
I had just assumed that snags were something like burnt ends.
That’ll learn me ;)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Nigella's recipe of the day is another easily adaptable cake. Apple & Almond cake - just replace the sugar with a granulated sweetener.

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/apple-and-almond-cake?source=mailer_rotd_20190420

Maglil, have you made this? Some reviews say dense&moist, others very light. Not awake enough to sort out whether the "light" folks are the ones who separated the eggs and folded in whipped whites at the end. It sounds delicious but am concerned about all those apples... (made ice cream last night, recipe VERY sweet, and sweet tooth may be activated again. Not sure what to think of that yet) But I do have a moldering half bushel of last fall's Granny Smiths out on the porch, where it is no longer cold storage but "fishbowl in the sun" warm.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maglil, have you made this? Some reviews say dense&moist, others very light. Not awake enough to sort out whether the "light" folks are the ones who separated the eggs and folded in whipped whites at the end. It sounds delicious but am concerned about all those apples... (made ice cream last night, recipe VERY sweet, and sweet tooth may be activated again. Not sure what to think of that yet) But I do have a moldering half bushel of last fall's Granny Smiths out on the porch, where it is no longer cold storage but "fishbowl in the sun" warm.

Its only 3 apples for 12 slices, so 1/4 apple per portion.
I think that’s doable.

I have made this in the past.
https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/cinnamon-apple-crumb-cake-low-carb/
Delicious and minimal bg impact, even at the kind of portion size Mr B plates up.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The supermarkets are only shut for one day, aren't they? I just popped down to my local Aldi and Sainsbury for a few bits and bobs and they're crazy, crazy crowded with lots of groups of people stopping for chats in the middle of the aisles.

Breakfast: M&S kippers and scrambled eggs (M&S do kippers so much nicer than anywhere else)
Lunch: bit of cheese (no surprise there then!)
Dinner: Rotisserie pork (great way to get really nice crackling), spicy aubergine mash with pomegranate seeds sprinkled over and some cauliflower rice.

Mr C had to rescue the defrosting pork from the dog (Jack) who had stolen it off the kitchen counter and was running around the garden with it - luckily he didn't break the plastic wrapping - he is now in disgrace and sulking on his bed

Drinks: black decaff coffee, mug of decaffeinated tea, still spring water and red wine