What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a 'senior moment's yesterday - was in Cafe Nero getting a takeaway coffee and was congratulating myself in remembering to bring my reusable cup when I left my purse on the counter. Luckily they spotted it and were able to return it too me before I left the cafe. How lucky was that! Perhaps I should start doing brain puzzles.
Oh dear!
You were lucky there.
I now wear a bum bag for money because of leaving my purse behind. I think I have worn a bum bag for thirty years now!!! However that strategy fails if I forget to put it on before I go out....
>^..^<

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning all, on this glorious Easter Day.

FBG 8.1 mmo/lt at 0630. Will start monitoring BP too as new meds take effect. Good news is that weight is still coming down and might be below 17st by month-end. Still haven't figured how to change the electronic scales to metric. There's a hidden switch somewhere.
Well done

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.1 at 0800. Dont know if that was down to the heat or skipping lunch, just a small pot of yogurt on the run. Anyway happy with that but not enough for me to succomb to the bun.
Happy Easter day everyone. Whatever you do enjoy the sunshine. Stay well, stay safe.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.1 at 0800. Dont know if that was down to the heat or skipping lunch, just a small pot of yogurt on the run. Anyway happy with that but not enough for me to succomb to the bun.
Happy Easter day everyone. Whatever you do enjoy the sunshine. Stay well, stay safe.

Didn't think I'd forget...did ya..;)

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
6.1 this glorious Easter morn. Succumbed to a good half of my Hotel Chocolate 100% dark fruit and nut egg at about 10:30 last night. Shouldn’t have done it but self control deserted me for a few minutes so I think I’ve got off quite lightly this morning.
Just put the 7hr leg of lamb in the oven for big family meal later. Now just got to cover our cream carpets with dust sheets in readiness for the 2 visiting Great Danes.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

Lamb Mmmmmm!
Enjoy your day
Po

Reactions: DJC3

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Today is a Sunday, not any old Sunday it's Easter Sunday, that means for most of the population they can eat chocolate till it comes out of their ears. To quote that little known philosopher Ian Dury " Lucky Bleeders, lucky Bleeders".

Well a 7.5 again for me so for a change I'm drowning it in tea. Black tea!

We have the grandchildren till Monday afternoon, Mrs J has her hands full.
Please folks have a good day, no matter how dire your situation is remember things could be worse, you could be a chocolate taster therefore today will be purgatory.
Just orf to start up the motorbike for a ride before my pals turn up.

Ian Dury... he was no 'blockhead'

Enjoy your weekend my friend
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.8 today - surprisingly high as I walked nearly 8 miles yesterday and was positively saintly with the carbs.

Relaxing in the conservatory with a Nespresso and looking forward to a lovely walk in some superb National Trust parkland which is hilly woodland with lovely sea views. Hoping that some early rhodedendroms are out. Then a coffee in the courtyard cafe.

That sounds the perfect day Enjoy!
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
8.4 this morning at 7am.
I am happy with that.

Yesterday I took readings all day at various points...
My fasting reading yesterday at 7 am was 8.5.
I had scrambled eggs and cheese at 9 am.
But an hour later I felt strange, not funny or ill, but I feeling I get when I enter the 6's.
I am rarely a 6, and when I get that feeling state I go for a blood sugar prick reading. And it is a 6.
I was 7.4 before lunch which was piles of vegetables in butter (not sauce because the sauce sends my readings high) and chicken breast.
An hour after lunch I was 6.7, so I decided I was okay to have a small trifle and cream, and blueberries and flaxseeds and chia seeds on top (and a wee bit grated chocolate...bliss).
I didn't eat again, but took a reading at 7 pm and that was 7.3. So that was good.
I woke up in the middle of the night, 2am and was curious what my reading was then, whether it had gone up or down...it was 8.8.
I didn't take another reading until 7 am this morning and it was 8.4, so I am guessing if I had taken a reading at dawn it would have been 9.something.

I am on 3 x 500mg metformin and 1 sitagliptin (can't spell that without finding the packet) a day.

I was curious why my body feels different when I come into the 6's.

Anyway, have a good day. It is beautiful here in Wales, and I am going to feed the moggy and go and sit on my thatched swing (my partner brought it for me before he died 10 years ago), and I sit there with moggy and meditate and have happy memories. The nesting blackbirds object to my presence in my garden, but the little Jenny Wren is so friendly (I don't feed birds, there is enough natural stuff in my garden) and she comes very close to me (cat has his eyes shut, he is on my lap....).
>^..^<

Meditation... 'The perfact way to find harmony and peace' Plus reduce your BG and stress. Whats not to like.
Have a great Easter
Po

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyway, have a good day.

It is beautiful here in Wales, and I am going to feed the moggy and go and sit on my thatched swing (my partner brought it for me before he died 10 years ago), and I sit there with moggy and meditate and have happy memories.

The nesting blackbirds object to my presence in my garden, but the little Jenny Wren is so friendly (I don't feed birds, there is enough natural stuff in my garden) and she comes very close to me (cat has his eyes shut, he is on my lap....).
>^..^<

sounds lovely, @gennepher .
what a beautiful way to start the day.

be nice to think hes looking over you, every step of your journey.

Reactions: gennepher

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sounds lovely, @gennepher .
what a beautiful way to start the day.

be nice to think hes looking over you, every step of your journey.

I fully concur jjraak
Today is ALL about 'Resurrection' It comes to us all!

Blessings
Po

Reactions: gennepher

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyway, have a good day. It is beautiful here in Wales, and I am going to feed the moggy and go and sit on my thatched swing (my partner brought it for me before he died 10 years ago), and I sit there with moggy and meditate and have happy memories. The nesting blackbirds object to my presence in my garden, but the little Jenny Wren is so friendly (I don't feed birds, there is enough natural stuff in my garden) and she comes very close to me (cat has his eyes shut, he is on my lap....).
>^..^<
Sounds idyllic genepher...I got 'Plumpy' out for an early walk @ 7am...we had the local park to ourselves...glorious sunshine...ducks...moorhens & their babies...spotted a red hot air balloon overhead...I was feeling spoilt until Harry (Plumpy) spotted the balloon and barked his head off...ducks & moorhens flew off in all directions...the peace & quiet was shattered...we slunk home in disgrace.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds idyllic genepher...I got 'Plumpy' out for an early walk @ 7am...we had the local park to ourselves...glorious sunshine...ducks...moorhens & their babies...spotted a red hot air balloon overhead...I was feeling spoilt until Harry (Plumpy) spotted the balloon and barked his head off...ducks & moorhens flew off in all directions...the peace & quiet was shattered...we slunk home in disgrace.

Aww :)
It is great to have the park to yourselves. Used to do that with my dog before she died in 2016. She was 13 years old. She still ‘sits’ next to me on my swing!
Seems it was a good walk :)
He probably thought the ballon shouldn’t have been flying in the sky, so maybe being concerned for it?
>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade again, never mind, humans are dead more than they are alive so it’s good to be alive.
My little wheel of missed opportunities, punishment and delight has rewarded me with a bright and shiny 4.8 on waking.
I made some keto blueberry muffins two days ago - sadly all gone now but I did only make five. Spent an hour yesterday dragging potions out of the cupboard of magic and alchemy to make a batch of chocolate and threw in some low carb granola.

Have a wonderful day if you can, believe in what you need. Try not to stick yourself too many times; in the end, all gods fall victim for the thirst for worship - diabetes is much the same.