Type 2 I blame the lack of carbs for this one

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So, sitting here in back garden, knitting and listening to an audio book.

Then I thought about a question, apologies because it’s so ludicrous but it does have a foundation in some logic.

Our D blood has too much sugar in it yes?

So are insects like gnats more attracted to us as a result?

Also thinking ants because I can’t seem to stop seeing the dam things.

It could also be a lack of carbs as I have gone virtually no carbs and on second day so could have gone but loopy. Oh and the sun!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
The sun?

Are you sure it was the sun?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Even if your BG was 10 mmol/L that's only about 2 teaspoons of sugar in 5 Litres of blood so hardly likely to compete with jam. Regarding wasps, a tip I was given in Spain was to put a small piece of ham on the table at mealtimes. Wasps are more interested in protein to feed their young than sweet things. Watching them carefully cut off pieces of the ham, small enough that they can carry, is quite entertaining. (I don't get out much).

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I'm not really sure what I'm reading here.... are you seeing ants all over the place? Crawling up the walls, on the tv screen etc? In the fridge perhaps?

Maybe that thing you thought was the sun was something else?

Anyway... I don't think the gnats have a contract out on you.

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
Sucking insects like gnats and mosquitoes are not attracted by the blood of their hoped-for victim itself, they are attracted by other biochemical signals like carbon dioxide and the chemicals produced by your gut bacteria, as well as your individual biochemistry. Those of us that smell like some of the worst cheeses to these insects are the most likely to be bitten - at least in the case of mosquitoes, don't know about the preferences of gnats. Perhaps they go after people that listen to audiobooks and attack whilst the listener is agog with the story.

D

Deleted member 308541

So are insects like gnats more attracted to us as a result?

Also thinking ants because I can’t seem to stop seeing the dam things.
I not sure about gnats, but we have mosquitoes in Australia that are big enough you can throw a saddle on. Ants come in all sizes here also.
It could also be a lack of carbs as I have gone virtually no carbs and on second day so could have gone but loopy. Oh and the sun!
More like going troppo.