Type 1'stars R Us

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A "challenge"? :hilarious:

No way. :p

Im fully aware that after 3 minutes doing this Spin thing that I would be collapsed on the floor asking for my loved ones to be near, a priest and money to pay the ferryman, while @helensaramay would not have even broken into a sweat yet :hilarious:

I did a spin class once since I was away for work, didn't have my bike with me and hadn't started running then.

There was a proper jump-in-and-splash puddle of sweat under the bike at the end of it...

(the instructor seemed to spend a lot of time getting people to go up and down on their arms while pedalling standing up. Is that at all normal? I was expecting bike riding.)

Reactions: Knikki and WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning everyone. Back to work today but then tomorrow is my regular day off and I booked Friday off because it's my husband's birthday. So - one full day and one half day and that's all I seem to be working this week!

Just as well - I have put my back out and am having enormous trouble just moving to the upright position from sitting. And sitting is painful. Still I do need to be at work today - I have to email the payroll to the pay service and the guys will be well cheesed off if I don't go in and do that!

Interestingly tomorrow is the first half of my HbA1C appointment for the year - it's the blood draw, feet test, blood pressure etc bit then next Wednesday I can have a chat with the endo about the results. This is going to be fun!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! I have emerged! I am on holiday!

The local woods 10 minutes from home are looking particularly lovely at this time of year.

Bromwich Wood 22042019.jpg Bromwich Wood.jpg Bromwich Wood Easter Day 2019.jpg

The last couple of weeks may have been pretty grim in unspeakable ways but I've now (as of yesterday) completed 54 years on this planet, am probably the fittest and healthiest I've ever been, have a life which suits me brilliantly well (occasional patches of grim unspeakable stuff aside, as they too will pass) and have every intention of carrying on enjoying it all. Thank you all for your part in helping keep the diabetes stuff in perspective, and being generally supportive all round. :D

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes . A slightly late Happy birthday wish. We used to be able to blame the Royal Mail but not in this case.
Hope yesterday was good and today follows the same trend.:)

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy belated birthday @Japes :)
Hope the day gets better for you @Knikki

Good morning all, some back to work today, but at least it will be a 4 day week :happy:
Take care

Reactions: hh1

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just caught up on the long weekends postings, and it was long!

@Scott-C your mum is never 80! @Mel dCP paramedic! way to go! love the steam punk pics too. @Robinredbreast I'm sure if you can demonstrate this libre has been pivotal in your control and life they can't take it away, hopefully.
Was it @Knikki or @helensaramay who mentioned everyone doing a spin class? would that be classed as mass murder or manslaughter...........

I'm sure there were lots more posts I wanted to comment on..........if I get chance today I'll do so.

My weekend was fairly 'home' based, lots of work up the allotment, a back door to fix, lawns to mow (again! after taking the carb to pieces to clean it after a rough job up the allotment), cars washed, amongst other things...............like a walk in the bluebell woods too @therower.
bluebells.JPG

I also forgot to take my levemir Saturday and Monday mornings, and a good job I did too! Saturday was a busy day, in the heat and sun and I stayed between 4 & 7 during the day without any background insulin until dinner time where I messed up calculating carbs and went a bit higher, monday was pretty much the same. :meh:

Reactions: hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all! Just at the motorway services by the Severn Bridge waiting for the ex husband to drop the teenager back after Easter fun. They’re late. I get the misery of making it revise, which is so painful I’ve volunteered to do a 7-7 nightshift on ambo crew tonight instead :D (disclaimer - he’s actually really motivated and I got asked to make myself scarce so he could concentrate). Hope to get a few nightshifts in before I have to do it for real, so I can get a handle on what adjustments I may need to make to my pump settings. Any pumpers done nights before and can give me any hints?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon all. Same as @slip just catching up on the weekends events. WOW there was a lot happening

@helensaramay I have walked over there many times. Looking for a pic where I zip wired off there a LONG time ago for stroke victims....nearly had one myself jumping off the bridge held on with JUST a wire lol

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll have to add an extra -"dee-dee" in the middle and another "ho-ho" at the end tomorrow to make it totally secure..

That's just the chorus lyrics I was looking for on the next hit tune... ;)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What? No latex/spandex/lycra when rowing? Or do you wear those weird stretchy towelling shorts I remember when I used to cox (but not row or wear strange shorts) early Sunday mornings.
Now this is the strange thing. Just been to the gym and whilst there I was mulling over gym wear and things I’ve witnessed down the years.
On a personal level I have and still do wear Lycra type tops. The reason being they dry far quicker than normal cotton, firstly whilst waiting to get laundered and secondly after being laundered. 6 T-shirts a week is pushing my luck with the wife at best of times:). As for shorts.........well let’s say certain things are best kept secret.;) Anyway that’s just me.
As for Lycra/spandex clothing. Well I’ve seen lots of it. Some good, some not so. If your going to wear it then make sure it’s your size and not a size to small.:woot:
Then I got thinking about latex.....I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone wearing latex in the gyms I’ve used. This got me thinking of what type of gyms and workouts @Knikki has been using:):):)
Did actually purchase a pair of rowing shorts once. Wore them once and never again. Probably great out on the river but in the gym? No.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! I have emerged! I am on holiday!

The local woods 10 minutes from home are looking particularly lovely at this time of year.

View attachment 32488 View attachment 32490 View attachment 32487

The last couple of weeks may have been pretty grim in unspeakable ways but I've now (as of yesterday) completed 54 years on this planet, am probably the fittest and healthiest I've ever been, have a life which suits me brilliantly well (occasional patches of grim unspeakable stuff aside, as they too will pass) and have every intention of carrying on enjoying it all. Thank you all for your part in helping keep the diabetes stuff in perspective, and being generally supportive all round. :D
belated birthday wishes japes hope you had a lovely day x

Reactions: Japes

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I most definitely made no mention of latex/ spandex/ Lycra.:woot::woot::woot:.

Strangely, just had a conversation booking some studio time with a sound & studio engineer... There seems to be a shout from promoters for a Def leppard tribute act. Good money too! Lol, we both concluded we don't rate em. I listen to "planet rock," which lately has been bigging them up with awards? So I suppose it makes sense...?
For the cash offered. Mmmmm, even at 50, I reckon I could get away with skin tight jeans, doing Joe Elliott ... (Which I haven't worn in 30 years? I'm a combat/cargo guy. Practical D attire.)

"Pour some sugar on me." & I may just be tempted to get a tribute act together with the sound guy as drummer.. :banghead::D

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Catching up in time to say night night, so overdue Happy Birthday Japes, have an even keel night Mel, but without rowing shorts - nearly fell off the sofa imagining the Lycra, latex, rowing shorts the others are flaunting - and if the money’s good Jaylee then skin tight jeans beat Lycra any day, just make sure someone’s around to help you in and our of them, not a good look when they get stuck at the ankle.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Last to bed/first up? Although I’m sure @kitedoc will still be awake in his side of the planet!

Halfway through my 12h nightshift, we’ve had a drunk man fall out of his wheelchair, a “nana down” (righted and whipped in for an X-ray) and a lady with abdo pain. Currently cruising a steady 6.2 with no insulin or carbs on board. Feel very old as my colleagues on the truck tonight are both in their early 20s... I’ve done a blood sugar on a patient and very professionally didn’t lick either his finger or the test strip after, yay me :D

Let’s see what the wee hours bring! Just chilling at the ambo station until our next job comes in.