What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i try to encourage fellow forum to post their levels irrespective of their blood sugar levels.

just to come back to that.

i too enjoy that..and in particular this threads ability to educate, encourage & entertain.

it's maybe not, sure others will put me right..( i never was a teacher ;),)
but it seems to me like a teachers rest room, ( i guess diabetes and fbg's being the good AND naughty kids..:hilarious:)

everyone pops in at different times to get a coffee and catch up on colleagues (joys & woes)
so at differing times, the rest room may be full/half/empty and always perhaps a different mix of staff, new & old

Time enough for a quick coffee/tea...and then perhaps pop over to a conversation in the corner of the room and join in
or pick up a previous conversation point with someone.

i guess i see it as OUR "Office Cooler" moment..( as they seem to say, stateside....
usa.gif
)

whatever you call it, it's now a part & parcel of my morning routine..( love it x )

Long may it continue..

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. May all who work have a good day and all who don't also have a good day. As usual that greeting does not extend to politicians who seem to extend themselves into any point of view that they think will gain them popularity.....rant over.

Today a 5.9 played hide and seek with me, but I found it hiding under the kettle.

Well folks me's that is all 6 of me are orf for a warfarin blood test, should be interesting the " feel my bottom ist " only has a small room. Then later we might wander over to a wood shop for a plank or four, I have a couple things to make,well repair one and make another.

I have no idea of your plans for today, may they be filled with wonder, remember say something nice to somebody you don't like, that should worry them.

Only edited twice need koffy.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Got up very early because I felt ravenous. Had a steak, guacamole and cauli mash at 5 a.m. and went back to bed. Fbg was 4.7.

@Debandez -- Sounds as if you are having a ball on Tenerife.
Welcome to the thread @Jodie1154. Wonderful that you decided to join us.
@jjraak -- It took me a while to figure out what you meant by teacher's rest room o_O. In the U.S., the meaning of restroom is slightly different -- started wondering when you mentioned everyone popping in for a coffee and a chat?
@Chronicle_Cat -- Hugs for the tooth ache. Hope you get an appointment today and can get this fixed. Good luck also with the last follow-up eye appointment.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Hope you all had a good Easter weekend. In my efforts to lower my blood sugars I overdid the walking on Saturday and aggravated my slipped disc so was scuppered for the rest of the week-end.:arghh: Had to use a walking stick but still extremely painful to walk so went on a lovely steam train trip through some beautiful Welsh countryside instead. :happy: Weather was beautiful. Off to the dentists soon. No point in testing this morning. Fbs bound to be up! Have a good day everyone.:)

Update: Back from the dentists. All well. Felt sudden hunger pangs and a bit wobbly so tested at 12.35pm ( 4 hours after very small breakfast) expecting low score and was 8.1! :banghead:

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

5.0 today

got some good grass cutting done yesterday, mr. gee managed to get mum's mower started ;) and we gave the grass a first cut, it's been too damp until now so that was a good bit of progress. There is always lots to do because it's a big garden.

I'm pretty twitchy with my anxiety this morning which is odd because generally I'm a glass half full person ;). At least part of the anxiety seems to be related to an over sensitivity to physical stimulus I developed when I lost so much weight, everything from cold or hunger to aches and pains. Then having anxiety increases your sensitivity, it's like a bit of a feedback loop :sorry:

I think exercise helps and the effects of a walk last longer than other exercises for some reason, so many variables with T2D this aren't there?

Got to see the doctor this lunchtime and mr. gee has promised lunch out afterwards ;) then if it doesn't rain maybe we'll get a bit of trimming done in our own garden later :)

all this talk of bikes, it's a good few years since I was on one :hilarious:

Hope your day goes well :)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am looking at electric scooters or 3-wheelers just so I can go farther than I can on foot, and more independently than on a bus or in an Uber car. No one would ever know this to look at the models I'm looking at, but inside I will be being Easy Rider while scooting around -- or more like Steppenwolf.

I'm a born to be wild child.

hahaha..i think that's a given for anyone riding whether of 2 or 3 wheels, @SaskiaKC

Debandez said:
He thinks he is in the film Easy rider'. He said he wants to grow a tach, sideburns and long hair like Peter Fonda! He is currently playing 'motorbiking' by Chris Spedding, grinning like a Cheshire cat. He is really in the zone with this scooter!!! Bless.

And in honour of all those who deep inside are budding 'Easy Riders'..(aren't we all ? )

i side stepped the more obvious but evocative steppenwolf, and selfishly picked one f my "Biking" favourites.
the tune runs inside my head while i sing in the lid...( i know..but what can you do..:hilarious: )

The Boss.....
(Maybe not the best version, but OMG the energy of it..and that sax solo (2:11)..
and it just happens to be madames Name as well ;)..WIN )

just remember the old adage.
"there are Bold Bikers...
There are Old Bikers...

but there a very few Old, Bold Bikers "

Travel safe, whatever way ya all go..:)

here's one from WAAAAYY back, many won't know.
my first bike, my first serious relationship, and the song of the day...
(yeah i know..not a classic.. but at that age, it all seemed good ...hahaha )
Blue Jeans

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
just to come back to that.

i too enjoy that..and in particular this threads ability to educate, encourage & entertain.

it's maybe not, sure others will put me right..( i never was a teacher ;),)
but it seems to me like a teachers rest room, ( i guess diabetes and fbg's being the good AND naughty kids..:hilarious:)

everyone pops in at different times to get a coffee and catch up on colleagues (joys & woes)
so at differing times, the rest room may be full/half/empty and always perhaps a different mix of staff, new & old

Time enough for a quick coffee/tea...and then perhaps pop over to a conversation in the corner of the room and join in
or pick up a previous conversation point with someone.

i guess i see it as OUR "Office Cooler" moment..( as they seem to say, stateside....
usa.gif
)

whatever you call it, it's now a part & parcel of my morning routine..( love it x )

Long may it continue..
Fascinating idea of what a teachers' "rest room" is like now. Good analysis of what it was like 40 years ago when I started teaching. Last 20-25 years most "teams" had bases and combined into faculties - usually with 1 AST per faculty. That analogy is quite apt IMHO - some members with advanced skills whose results and, especially, methods are something we feel we can follow.
BTW at least 25 years ago we were all told repeatedly there are no naughty kids, just bad teachers. It is all about differentiation - which was alf's - @alf_Josiah - message.

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey all still ill but had a fine day at the zoo yesterday with my daughter even with fever , had to wear a thick hoddie and coughed lot, hardly sleep from it , but as it is a virus I guess it’ll have and end soon... did make me think of my childhood and how I hated to stay indoor in bed ill during the summer ... nothing’s changed there. have a wonderful springs day all of you or autumn on the other side of this globe , my number was 7 mmol at 9:00 , did have an ice cream yesterday

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak -- It took me a while to figure out what you meant by teacher's rest room o_O. In the U.S., the meaning of restroom is slightly different -- started wondering when you mentioned everyone popping in for a coffee and a chat?

hahaha..it's not QUITE that bad over here yet...:hilarious:

what is it they say..
The United States and Great Britain.
Two countries separated by a common language

:D

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey all still ill but had a fine day at the zoo yesterday with my daughter even with fever , had to wear a thick hoddie and coughed lot, hardly sleep from it , but as it is a virus I guess it’ll have and end soon... did make me think of my childhood and how I hated to stay indoor in bed ill during the summer ... nothing’s changed there. have a wonderful springs day all of you or autumn on the other side of this globe , my number was 7 mmol at 9:00 , did have an ice cream yesterday
Gave a hug for the fever and higher fbg but wanted to give a winner for the hardcore fighting spirit. Hope you soon recover full battle readiness.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all a late check in but 5.3 with a blocked nose sneezing and tight breathing, or in short a man cold. Hey ho - now have a serious veg soup on the go for supper and will be swimming in vitamin c and ginger tea until then. ... The sun has decided to take a break , maybe it's saving itself for another public holiday, or weekend ? Anyhow wishing you all well ...

So after a walk and coffee my sugar levels were 4.8 . Then after a small glass of kefir, ( home made organic ), which normally does very little to raise sugars it was 7.8. After half and hour , then dropped back to 4.9 after an hour. So I've learnt that when feeling a bit low my body seems to change its ability to deal with certain foods! Its a complicated process!

Edited to add last paragraph , then again to add more detail , then again for spelling....

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I've learnt that when feeling a bit low my body seems to change its ability to deal with certain foods! Its a complicated process!
Think that about nails it @OrsonKartt and applies equally to times when it is not apparent to us that we aren't operating optimally or about to be ill. Early on I read a mother of 2 type 1s say abnormally/rising bgs always alerted her to upcoming illness. Dis ease is a perfect explanation of that IMHO. Enjoy the soup and stay well on that there coost boy.

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Think that about nails it @OrsonKartt and applies equally to times when it is not apparent to us that we aren't operating optimally or about to be ill. Early on I read a mother of 2 type 1s say abnormally/rising bgs always alerted her to upcoming illness. Dis ease is a perfect explanation of that IMHO. Enjoy the soup and stay well on that there coost.

Thanks Ian

Jodie1154

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Got up very early because I felt ravenous. Had a steak, guacamole and cauli mash at 5 a.m. and went back to bed. Fbg was 4.7.

@Debandez -- Sounds as if you are having a ball on Tenerife.
Welcome to the thread @Jodie1154. Wonderful that you decided to join us.
@Chronicle_Cat -- Hugs for the tooth ache. Hope you get an appointment today and can get this fixed. Good luck also with the last follow-up eye appointment.
Thank you @ziggy_w

Reactions: HarryBeau

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A very, very belated good Morning or afternoon. A 6 greeted me today and I have had a very productive weekend! Full of drinking to excess and eating crisps and sweets and all things bad!! Oh who am I kidding! I had to "Sidney The bulldog" proof the deck, as he chews it and anything else that isn't bolted down. So a really productive weekend was had, except no things bads for me. Oh except I decided it was vitally important to kick the bbq (by accident) and have broken my little toe!! Cue lots and lots of swearing and a blackened toe nail and a very swollen toe!! Oh how I laughed!

Take care everyone.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gave a hug for the fever and higher fbg but wanted to give a winner for the hardcore fighting spirit. Hope you soon recover full battle readiness.

Thanks you are always so kind and supporting , thank to all in here for the support by the way, this really is a great forum. ... so helpful and so many experts too

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You are most welcome. Are you considered local enough yet to be called, boy or b? Rest of the world doesn't seem to use wotto b as a greeting - delightfully niche.
I've been here more than 10 years....Also I live on the docks , my neighbours fix boats and have large cranes and they all say morning or some such , every day.