A comparison of the guidelines for control; NICE, ADA, etc.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Re: A comparison of the guidelines for control; NICE, ADA, e

frenchkittie said:
BTW, well done for starting a new thread on this Newdestiny, rather than allowing the other thread to become clogged by arguement. It would be a shame to see the original thread degenerate into the same old tit for tat and risk being locked.

Erm.....I asked a very simple question...... which really only needed a short answer from ND, NOT a completely new thread ! I wasn't looking for a lecture about the ADA guidelines, or NICE for that matter....just how did they differ. As I am in the UK I wondered what the levels were that they quote......that's all. :|

In any case if we all started new threads when somebody asks a question in one that is not all in keeping with the other posts the place would be in a right mess. There are several new threads here recently in which NICE guidance is discussed, could just have been added to one of them.....not a problem.

We already have many posts about the 600 calorie diet, all over the place ! This just means everything gets repeated and the information is fragmented around the boards, why bother answering in several places when one will suffice. It looks a mess........

As for 'argument' and 'tit for tat'.....you confuse discussion and debate with 'argument' and some sort of fight, they really are all different things. It is a 'discussion forum after all........ :wink:

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

NewdestinyX said:
So I basically have spent the entire two years MODERATING my way down to a 'tighter' regimen of numbers..
The Austrian lo-carb doctor Lutz advised patients over 40 years of age and not in the best of health to start at more than 72g carb/day, or even over 100.

I started twice. The first time on ATkins induction (20g/day), and like you, I took some time to adjust and felt pretty bad for about 6 weeks, and not good for the first three months, even without exercise. The second time, (having read Lutz), I started on 75g and found it very easy and natural. Within a few months, I had drifted down to below 50, where I have stayed ever since. So I do agree with you, that for many diabetics, starting on induction is counterproductive, unless they are young and generally healthy.

But I can't think it's necessary for many to take two years about it.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

You keep saying you are a "Type A personality", Grant, a term I am not familiar with. What exactly does it mean, and what are the other types? Don't explain in detail, but if you have a link or a term to Google, that would be helpful.

Viv 8)

NewdestinyX

viviennem said:
You keep saying you are a "Type A personality", Grant, a term I am not familiar with. What exactly does it mean, and what are the other types? Don't explain in detail, but if you have a link or a term to Google, that would be helpful.

Viv 8)
A term in psychology from the 50's:
Type A= high strung; driven; results oriented
Type B= laid back; easy going; process oriented

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

Thanks, Catherinecherub and Grant.

I am definitely Type B, if you're looking at the laid back bit! :lol: But I do set goals, and usually achieve them.

Viv 8)

Edited for postscript: Having re-read the Wiki entry - I'm glad I'm Type B! Type A sounds much too fatiguing! :wink: :lol:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

Sorry to gatecrash but I just had to take the test.

No prizes for guessing which type I am!

agitato.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NewdestinyX

ladybird64 said:
Sorry to gatecrash but I just had to take the test.

No prizes for guessing which type I am!

agitato.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: LOVE THAT, Ladybird.. Me too.. And Welcome to the forum!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

Ladybird's been here longer than you have, Grant!

Viv 8)

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC

Next time your at Heathrow I would mention to them you have Class A

[youtube]-Ny42Mdg5qo[/youtube]

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Viv 8)

Margi

Well, I always turned out 'average' in most things and there I am, bang in the middle of the scores at 121. Is there a type AB? Or A and a half?

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

Hiya, am type A and my hubby's type B [definetely] we love each other to bits, proves opposites attract!! Anna.x :D