What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is a thread for those chatterboxes who not only enjoy letting us know their daily fasting level but also like to engage in friendly banter above and beyond the simple 'hello'. I am not known for my banter but I do enjoy hearing from the regulars about how their day is going, feeds my soul.

So to you, my DCUK friends, here is a new page where you can be as verbose as you wish and still comply with the moderators stick.

Going to link names of regulars, kind of advert for this post and if I've missed your name I apologise.
@karen8967 @gennepher @Freema @johnpol @Jodie1154 @dunelm @philchap1 @alf_Josiah @dogslife @Bubbsie @PenguinMum @SaskiaKC @trick60 @Debandez @ziggy_w @Krystyna23040 @ianpspurs @geefull @jjraak @Patrick66 @OrsonKartt @Cumberland @Chronicle_Cat @Bildad @Goacher55 @JohnEGreen @Prem51

Moderator Comment:

Hi Everyone,
You may find the following information useful when contributing to this thread:

- Threads in the General Chat section of the forum do not appear in the Recent Posts list, so you may want to put the thread on Watch. You can do this by scrolling to the top of the page and looking at the line where the pages are listed. To the right, you will see a Watch Thread option. Click on it, and choose your preferred option when a new post is made (email and/or forum Alerts). That way you can keep up to date when new posts are made.
also
- Every thread, including threads in General Chat, are subject to the forum Ethos and Rules. This means that clique type behaviours, language and ‘us and them’ polarisation will be moderated the same as on any other thread. In the past we have had chat threads that have degenerated into small In Crowd groups being unwelcoming to newcomers, or snarking about events and people elsewhere on the forum. Hopefully this new thread will experience none of that. One way to keep this thread a friendly and welcoming place for everyone is to remember that anyone can see anything you say, whether they are logged into the forum or not, and that all rules on language and friendly support apply here as much as anywhere else on the forum.

Regards,
Brunneria,
On behalf of the moderation team

Last edited by a moderator:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Harrison what a great idea. FBG 5.6 this morning. I am getting worried about the eye hospital appointment on Friday. My right eye has really deteriorated and I may need injections (yuk!) or laser. There seems to be a bit of rain on and off this morning which the garden needs even if I dont.

@karen8967 I hope you will be ok at work. Take care. Hugs.
@Freema glad you are better after all this time.
Have a great Wed everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Moderator edit As post disclosed info from PM

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Harrison what a great idea. FBG 5.6 this morning. I am getting worried about the eye hospital appointment on Friday. My right eye has really deteriorated and I may need injections (yuk!) or laser. There seems to be a bit of rain on and off this morning which the garden needs even if I dont.

Thanks penguinmum x

Mod edit of previously edited quoted post

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sorry to hear about your eye, my friend has macular degeneration and I know what she goes through. Hopefully your appointment will be in your favour. Take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya!

Reposting into this thread.

Fasting blood sugar is 8.7 at 7 am.
Was half expecting it to be higher, because I overdid things yesterday, nibbled food instead of having two proper meals with a 4to5 hour gap in between, caught some sunburn on my face. Uncomfortable face kept me awake all night, so checked sugar readings out of interest at 1 am...blood sugar was 11. That worried me. Yet I am back to my normalish fasting blood sugar this morning with 8.7 at 7 am.

So I am very pleased with that...I need to find my straw wide brimmed sunhat for today...

Take care and have a good day x
(And wear that suncream and sunhat!)
>^..^<

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi gang. I had a 5.7 this morning.
Thought I’d pop over and see you here as Ive been away from the orher thread for a few days so missed a bit of the rumpus.
It seems very quiet at home now. Granddaughters are back at school and my middle daughter and her partner who drove down to stay over Easter have gone back to London. Poor things it took them 7.5 hrs for a usually 4 hr journey. They said next time they’ll definitely take an extra day off and not travel on bank holiday.
@PenguinMum hugs for your eye, what a scary thing to be going through. I hope Friday’s appointment isn’t as bad as you fear.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 good to see you here. When we used to travel to Cornwall on Saturdays in school holidays my OH always insisted we set off not later than 5am. The kids had pillows and rugs in the back and usually we were in Cornwall for a late breakfast. Mind you since those days the traffic will only have increased but the roads are a tad better. We usually took a diversion at Jamaica Inn. Worth it though.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to see you posting PM...I look forward hearing your news...sorry to hear about the eye problems fingers crossed it doesn't come to injections or laser treatment.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well a full on day yesterday...what with iTunes (password issues) the rumpus here or there? take your pick... and on my way home from the dump yesterday the police had closed the road leading to our market square...there were so many polices vehicles it looked like an episode from the Sweeney (anyone here old enough apart from me to remember that?)...woke to a 6.4.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.9 this morning @HarrisonK thanks for the tag you beat me to it. If I just want to read a list of numbers there is always the phone directory the numbers have to have context and that comes from the chat else it just gets boring and pretty much pointless. :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is a thread for those chatterboxes who not only enjoy letting us know their daily fasting level but also like to engage in friendly banter above and beyond the simple 'hello'. I am not known for my banter but I do enjoy hearing from the regulars about how their day is going, feeds my soul.

So to you, my DCUK friends, here is a new page where you can be as verbose as you wish and still comply with the moderators stick.

Going to link names of regulars, kind of advert for this post and if I've missed your name I apologise.
@karen8967 @gennepher @Freema @johnpol @Jodie1154 @dunelm @philchap1 @alf_Josiah @dogslife @Bubbsie @PenguinMum @SaskiaKC @trick60 @Debandez @ziggy_w @Krystyna23040 @ianpspurs @geefull @jjraak @Patrick66 @OrsonKartt @Cumberland @Chronicle_Cat @Bildad @Goacher55 @JohnEGreen @Prem51
Genius!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi gang. I had a 5.7 this morning.
Thought I’d pop over and see you here as Ive been away from the orher thread for a few days so missed a bit of the rumpus.
It seems very quiet at home now. Granddaughters are back at school and my middle daughter and her partner who drove down to stay over Easter have gone back to London. Poor things it took them 7.5 hrs for a usually 4 hr journey. They said next time they’ll definitely take an extra day off and not travel on bank holiday.
@PenguinMum hugs for your eye, what a scary thing to be going through. I hope Friday’s appointment isn’t as bad as you fear.

Oh what a lengthy journey @DJC3. Bet you had a wonderful Easter though :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, welcome to the club. lets hope that Harrison has the correct interpretation of the small print.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its a 5.6 this am. I'm in The Netherlands for a couple of days, visiting a brother.
Only have my phone and with fingers like sausages, not that hot on typing, nor spelling things correctly.
Very annoying, cant be helped.
have a wonderful day if you can.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbs with Full on chat. Now this has got my name all over it :) check out the length of this monkey!!!

5.9 yesterday. Didnt get chance to post so catching up now. Here is my social media post and I might even try and tag photos:

Yesterday on our island on the sun!

Spent ducking and diving from the rain like a boxer in training! Weather very unsettled. Very cloudy. But when clouds drifted away, which they have done from time to time, we whip off our clothes, slap on the old suncream and look to the sun sharpish! Getting a good little routine going now....

We decided on a lie in and breakfast, mingled with the locals. Tea, coffee and breakfast x 2 for €11. Great service. Friendly waiter. Great views too as it was a harbour cafe. Inside seating proved handy escaping from the rain. The prom here doesnt really give you a chance to get a bit of speed up so meandered along, not really sunny (mostly cloudy day) but sunglasses on to enable secret people watching .

Sun did come out, eventually. And when it did i was too hot . no pleasing some people!

Hopped on the tourist train. One of the prettiest I've ever been on. €5. Bargain, I thought. 30 minutes, 'no stops' it said. I should have realised then! No stops as there is nothing to see!!! No commentary. No history. Outside the town it's incredibly barren. Tumbleweed central to be honest. Apart from the harbour (which we have seen already) it really wasnt eventful, so much so I didn't even take one photo! Not like me at all. But it enabled us to sit back and relax and we let the train take the strain .

Later on we stumbled on a market. Eric got very excited as the belts he had his eye on buying during the holiday were cheaper here than anywhere else. So he saved himself a few €€€. Its the little things in life . he was well chuffed with himself.

Back at the hotel we spent the afternoon chilling. Came to an abrupt end when the mother of all black clouds descended upon us.

Dinner was a bit of a mish mash of everything and neither of us have a clue what the theme was! Lots to choose from as usual. Lots of pasta, rice, potatoes and bread to dodge! Spoilt for choice and then you get the chef in the corner doing his speciality thing. I had my usual salady starter. Then I opted for a pork stew with lots of veg. Sounds quite boring and to be honest it wasnt the tastiest food I've ever had. But the red wine helped it go down I even had 2 spoons of Eric's dessert with icecream. Now that WAS delish. Well I am on holiday!

Then we hit the town. Saw Corralejo for the first time at night. It's like a different town! Lots of restaurants and bars and bright lights. Spoilt for choice, only we had eaten. Decided we might eat out at one we particularly fancied tonight though . food never far from our minds .

I'd spotted something on Facebook about a talented your musician playing in one of the bars. Made a beeline. Such a lovely cosy bar. Candlelit, atmospheric, warm, cosy...and cheap drinks. And young Harry blew us away! Great voice, he worked his guitar between his hands like I've never seen before and he also played piano. His song selection could not have been more perfect. I melted into each song. His sister joined him for a set. She was there on holiday. She had an equally good voice. Place was full but nobody spoke during the whole session when they were singing. THATS how good they were. Going back tonight. Different artist same quality apparently. Looking forward to another night on the tiles!!!