Wow a hypo

Phil007007

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I went to bed Monday and woke up Tuesday under a CT scanner, they tell me during the night my sugar levels dropped to emergency level and as soon as i stood up i went into a coma, i damaged my back and head, they pumped me full of glucose and other stuff and six hours later sent me home.

chris66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to bed Monday and woke up Tuesday under a CT scanner, they tell me during the night my sugar levels dropped to emergency level and as soon as i stood up i went into a coma, i damaged my back and head, they pumped me full of glucose and other stuff and six hours later sent me home.
Hope you are feeling better

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
my sugar levels dropped to emergency level

That is so scary. I've had a few bad night hypos, two necessitating an ambulance, mostly when I was keeping my blood sugars low during pregnancies. I suggest you ask your doctors to prescribe you a cgm so that you can set up an alarm system (dexcom does this anyway, I believe there are add ons for the libre). You should be a prime candidate as far as eligibility goes.

Lots of hugs. I hate hypos with a passion.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Geez.....I can't even begin to imagine how frightening that is.........hope you are recovering well and getting all the support you need?

Phil007007

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes my wife's a big help but I'm weak and shaking at the moment and my back looks really bad, i went down like a sack of spuds and didn't feel a thing at the time.