What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@ianpspurs - nice gentle sort of nutty flavour. I used to par-boil then roast them in olive oil with garlic cloves. Also nice steamed with lots of melted butter.

They are very easy to grow. Just make a hole and drop them in. They grow just about anywhere and are good for a shady area.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast - usual routine for me. Lunch was smashed avocado with cheddar, 5 cheese mix and W1 kaltbach. Evening meal 2 of our own eggs boiled with runny yolk to dip haloumi soldiers ( hallum's milky -even lower carb). Definitely not trying to drop weight or go very low carb just trying to shore things up. Plenty of tea and a mug of cocoa.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All :)

Dogwalk instead of breakfast.
L: magnificent mixed grill of steak, gammon, pork chop, fried egg, one frankfurter style sausage. Left the chips, peas and tomato. Slid the onion rings, second sausage and grilled tomato sideways onto Mr B’s plate.
Bg rose 1.5mmol/l for 4 hrs, then dropped to normal.
May have a snack of goatsmilk yog at 9pm...

Lovely to see the family. Had a great time. And the weather was lovely.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bad cold has developed - hope it goes before we go on jollies next week. Funny day too we had a wild noisy storm at lunchtime / early pm with lots of rain here after which I saw our two friendly nesting blackbirds on the lawn presumably looking for worms when a hawk swooped down and killed one of them! Nature can be tough says she wiping a tear! - I was only supposed to be enjoying short break from pc work!
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch sardines in olive oil followed by montezumas 100% two squares
Dinner cauliflower cheese, salmon in lemon butter and asparagus with white wine spritzer followed by thin slice lc choc cake and double cream.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped Lunch as I was attending a Type 2 info session which my surgery invited me to (less said about the dietary advice the better!)
Mid afternoon: greek yoghurt with chia seeds, a half tsp of espresso coffee and a tsp of sweetener with a black coffee.
Dinner: balti chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Pics of my curry and my silicon cupcake moulds which I’d ordered ages ago and had forgotten about, turned up this morning :)

16DCE93E-F448-4781-9250-51936FF99C19.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jerusalem artichokes = flatulence! Agree with @Brunneria and @Chook. I wouldn’t have them again either, but didn’t dislike the taste. @ianpspurs the artichokes you get from the deli are not Jerusalem artichokes - different veg altogether from ordinary artichokes. I like the deli ones too.
@shelley262 hope you get rid of your cold before your break. I can imagine your horror at the hawk attack. A similar thing happened to us a few years back as we were watching a brand new family of fledgeling bluetits, just out of their birdbox - we called our children to look when a big crow swooped down, grabbed one of the babies and proceeded to rip it apart and eat it on the roof of the house opposite - my poor girls were in tears, they were only little at the time.
Today’s food
B: 2fried eggs on slice of Emmental and wilted spinach. Black coffee 2x TWAM
L: 1/2 a Lidl antipasti platter then 100g Gk yog with a bit of lc granola. More coffee and Twam
Mid aft: coffee and cream at a super cafe near Wadebridge
D: Fish curry made with salmon fillet and leftover sauce from the butter chicken a couple of days back. Served with broccoli and cauli roasted in coconut oil.
Another chunk of my HC 100% dark Easter egg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jerusalem artichokes = flatulence! Agree with @Brunneria and @Chook. I wouldn’t have them again either, but didn’t dislike the taste. @ianpspurs the artichokes you get from the deli are not Jerusalem artichokes - different veg altogether from ordinary artichokes. I like the deli ones too.
@shelley262 hope you get rid of your cold before your break. I can imagine your horror at the hawk attack. A similar thing happened to us a few years back as we were watching a brand new family of fledgeling bluetits, just out of their birdbox - we called our children to look when a big crow swooped down, grabbed one of the babies and proceeded to rip it apart and eat it on the roof of the house opposite - my poor girls were in tears, they were only little at the time.
Today’s food
B: 2fried eggs on slice of Emmental and wilted spinach. Black coffee 2x TWAM
L: 1/2 a Lidl antipasti platter then 100g Gk yog with a bit of lc granola. More coffee and Twam
Mid aft: coffee and cream at a super cafe near Wadebridge
D: Fish curry made with salmon fillet and leftover sauce from the butter chicken a couple of days back. Served with broccoli and cauli roasted in coconut oil.
Another chunk of my HC 100% dark Easter egg

Ooooh. I bet that works really well; the butter chicken with salmon.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@shelley262 I'm only liking the food, not the bad stuff! I hope the remaining blackbird finds another mate to help with nestlings, and I send warm compress on sinuses type thoughts for your cold.
@Rachox I can't see the pic. Maybe it will show up on the front page
Bfast hm brought to airport. Mug concoction, don't even remember what I put in it except an egg, chia, flax, cinnamom, and water. I was rich and filling. Hoped for coffee on arrival to Boston but plane was half an hour late and there'd only been 45 min between on-time arrival and bus departure. No coffee.
Lunch you'll never believe it but those dratted pecans followed me on the plane! Handful, water.
Finally great fave coffee shop DWLO1/2+1/2. (lots of) with my back to the setting sun while I write here. Very very nice
Later, after more shocks to the system and sadly unresolvable stress, some butter sandwich on air, DWC (groceries came early, hoorayy!)
Supper will be market tuna salad, celery, couple of toms, and a piece of the flax bread that I put in freezer last time I was here. Probably a friendly walk into town after, unless I am occupied making beds in our newly detoxified (fiberglass strewn all over from careless workers who never yet finished their job) bedroom.
Sleep well all!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha he just stomped off looking horrified at me. He doesn’t watch it. Think you’re right though, next week should be a shocker.
I'm still recovering from Sunday's Line of Duty! I've only just worked out who is in the freezer (clue - goes way back to Season 1).

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.3 FBG 7 but still DP with a vengeance. Sigh, it will go away eventually. Second day of school over. No 2 doesnt know where he left his school sweatshirt and has lost his second pair of black gym shoes. Nana is refusing to buy another pair. @zauberflote - I was back and forward to my niece's today and that's all my washing done again so no sink! I also finally got the letter off to HMRC and I stuck to the facts and resisted the temptation to say " So sue him!" but I was sorely tempted.
B. TAG with ADOC.
L. A lot later - the remains of the prawn cocktail and smoked trout (which was not a lot)
D. Ranch steak with garlic butter, cabbage with pancetta, veggie chips and a fried egg. Small scoop halo top and raspberries.
2 squares G&B Mint chocolate.
@shelley262- hope you recover quickly. It's turned a bit nippy here.

D

Deleted member 308541

Not eaten a great lot of food in the last couple of days, I have had a gut bug so the toilet and myself have got real close at times.

Breakfast yesterday and this morning: Cheesey omelette, bacon and a reheated spudlite.

Drinks: yesterday / today: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water, staminade to replace electrolytes.

Reactions: maglil55

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Tipetoo sorry! Hope it resolves very very soon, sounds horrendous if you're drinking electrolytes!
Edit to correct typo "tiperoo" which made me laugh!
Re-edit because it got worse!

Reactions: maglil55
D

Deleted member 308541

@Tipetoo sorry! Hope it resolves very very soon, sounds horrendous if you're drinking electrolytes!
Edit to correct typo "tiperoo" which made me laugh!
Re-edit because it got worse!
Thanks @zauberflote, after seeing my partner hospitalised with dehydration after a bout of food poisoning (chinese takaway) I aim to keep my electrolytes up.

I do not know what caused the bug my partner is ok, so are our two grandsons. Coulda picked it up at the bowls club as well lot of people do not wash their hands there.

Viv19

Oh dear, this pioneer stuff is a bit hit and miss isn’t it, but thank you for being the first. Will cross the not so fancy pizza tray off the list.
Love Kew Gardens

I’ve found the pizza trays to be pretty useful. In my ‘pre-T2’ lifetime I made pizzas quite often. I did end up with a pizza stone for the oven after using one at a friend’s house. But without that, try lightly oiling the pizza tray, and the heat the oven with an upside down baking tray in it. When it’s hot enough put the pizza tray onto the hot tray. It usually works to solve the soggy bottom. It’s a similar solution that I used with quiches (which I used to love too).

Reactions: zauberflote

Viv19

I use it just to line the bottom of the litter tray - and put cat litter on top. No idea if that’s usual. I’m not really a cat person but daughter moved out to a flat which didn’t allow animals so we’ve been left with it. We are getting used to eachother.
I’m not a guinea pig person either, another daughter bought one home, turned out it was pregnant and now we have 3.

Snap- that happened to us too. We bought 2, ended up with 6.

Viv19

I’ve been catching up after a long (1200 km) car round trip to take a bike to Nr 1 daughter. Only overnight but it feels like it was ages.
I took lasagne with me to put into her oven, plus my own version made with aubergine. It was tasty but rather sloppy as I feared. And cutting a portion was hysterical with stringy mozzarella refusing to de-attach itself. Lots of salad with it.
Yesterday hotel scrambled eggs plus a slice of low carb bread I took with me, some cheese and tomato.
Lunch was a McDonald’s Caesar salad with chicken, removed the croutons but didn’t have the heart to scrape off the chicken coating.
We hadn’t planned on gourmet McD but that was one of two options at the motorway rasthof we stopped at. The other was even less acceptable.
‘Dinner’ was yoghurt with raspberries and blueberries, then I was seduced by cheese with almonds and walnuts. Kind of healthy but not helping the weight loss.
But this morning my Bg was one of the lowest. 6.3, not low I know but going in the right direction (without meds).