Type 1'stars R Us

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greeting my fellow colanders, hope you all had a good day.

So I will be getting a flight back from that there London to Haggisville in a few weeks time, I will be travelling down by train but flying home.

Anyhoo, this will be my first time at airport with my pump, so this should be fun. Is there any protocol/etiquette i should be aware of, eg when i walk through the scanner will this set alarms off everywhere, do I declare it before I go through the scanner.

Any advice appreciated

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good evening everyone, I hope all is well with you and only 2 days left of a 4 day week.

@therower, where's your avatar gone or are you the invisible man now ? o_O :cool:

Reactions: hh1 and therower

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening everyone, I hope all is well with you and only 2 days left of a 4 day week.

@therower, where's your avatar gone or are you the invisible man now ? o_O :cool:
Just playing with the settings. Thought I’d have a change. Decided I would bring some glamour to my posts.
Meet Izabel Goulart. As well as being GORGEOUS she is also big on T1 research.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have my DNA results back :-

Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 74.8%
English 24.1%
Finnish 1.1% :cool::)
I was hoping for some Nordic blood, but unfortunately no Caribbean. A relative has been in touch, she lives in Mallorca and is my 2nd cousin, her dad is my uncle's son. Also found out another type 1, the relatives aunt, my uncle's sister and he had type 1 too, but died in the 1970's, he had gangrene and had to have his foot amputated :(

Thai and Cambodian 1
Eskimo/Inuit 1

The highest match is USA
Number of matches
US.png
USA

Amazing :happy:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee @Mel dCP . I wasn’t going to but I did.........i YouTubed...... Stryker.
Never seen so much hair in one video. They actually made Bon Jovi look tough:).

Reactions: kitedoc

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee @Mel dCP . I wasn’t going to but I did.........i YouTubed...... Stryker.
Never seen so much hair in one video. They actually made Bon Jovi look tough:).

Yep, oddly I'm more disturbed by Stryper's lyrical content than the tongue in cheek'ness of a band like GWAR?

Some of this stuff I couldn't post vids to. ;) But bands like Steel panther & Alestorm send the "80s scene" up (lampoon.) pretty well & are great musicians.. There seems to be a revival in the spirit of Spinal tap & Bad news happening recently..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast I have worked with quite a few Finns and love their personalities. They are subdued until they have a little alcohol in them and are very protective friends.

I was just thinking of you and your trips to Finland, I have over 7.000 matches world wide, so not sure where to start, but will look again tomorrow, I'm sure it can be quite addictive.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I keep looking at those colour's and warning alerts come up, when the stripped tape get put around something nasty, dangerous or just horrid :wideyed:;)

"Nice boys don't play rock & roll." So the saying goes... ;)
I don't feel I've done to bad for a "geek," & held my ethics together. As well as my wardrobe. :p

Reactions: kitedoc

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello all. Just a heads up about a brand new member with T1 has posted in Emotional Mental Health part of the forum and could do with a bit of support/welcome. His tag is Kerr1207. Thanks.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last edited:
Reactions: kitedoc and Guzzler

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Apologies for the delay in reporting in!
Have just been through the festival emotional highs and and post-festival lows (? withdrawal reactions)??
of the Kite Festival here in Adelaide!

Great event and no problems with pump cannulas becoming detached in the warmth of the days and running or quick
walking the the sand. But I know the location of every aching muscle !!

The spectacle is glorious but it is meeting up with friends and acquaintances which is the greatest gem in the crown.

Sadly one is quite ill and I shall be unlikely to see him again.

Others there keep making new and wonderful creations which I can only pretend to imagine replicating !!

But there are babies and youngsters, the kite fliers of the future, there also.

So, some pictures to save on words !! Enjoy !!

P4220828.jpg P4220879.jpg P4220804.jpg P4220753.jpg P4210733.jpg P4220866.jpg P4220890.jpg

Reactions: Japes and karen8967

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kitedoc . Sounds like you had a great time. Sad that bad news had to play a part during the festival.
Lovely pictures of the kites, it’s amazing how creative people can be.
A lovely post to wake up early too on a Thursday morning.:)

Reactions: Knikki

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone.
Early this morning. Great isn’t it. A week off work, no reason to get up early and here I am wide awake.
Woke up earlier, took a quick glance at Dexcom 4.4, brilliant. Then looked at the time 4.40. Spooky. Not sure whether to buy a lottery ticket or not.:):):)
Actually dropped below 4.1 and activated the alert on Dexcom so a Rich tea biscuit was called for, hopefully @Knikki and @porl69 will back me up here and point out that it isn’t possible to only eat one rich tea biscuit, they have to be eaten in pairs.;)
Have a great day whatever you find yourself doing.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I find Oreos to be rather like that. Very lonely biscuits don't function that well, and work best in pairs or packs.

A happy 5.3 this morning after last night when I was 9.9 at bedtime! Shot in a corrective and slept like a log. Hard not to with the amount of pain killer I have circulating. First half of my annual review yesterday and it turned out that despite putting weight on since I lost shedloads, I am still 2kg lighter than at my last review. Blood was back of hand after they all failed to get any out of my inner elbow (which now strongly resembles my own pin-cushion).

However, I await next week's appointment to discuss results with some trepidation.

Aside from that - let's hope the painkillers do their job and yet leave me able to think today. Going to work and have much to do!