Medtronic 640g belt clip

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya I feel stupid writing this but my beloved belt clip for my 640g has snapped and I'm not really sure where I go to get a new one? I've looked on the Medtronic pump store to no avail. Would appreciate some direction!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Phone Medtronic, tell them what has happened and they'll send a new clip.

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have two spares ones, If you want one You can have it as i do not use the belt clips

aphex2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that talk with their mouths full of food.
I think they made them from the weakest plastic known to man. And that little pin you have to keep pushing back in..... Hardly seems worth the risk to put an expensive electronic device on your person, attached by essentially, something weaker than a Dairlea Cheese slice,and expect it to be up to the job.

Out of curiosity, what's the clip on the 670g like?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I think they made them from the weakest plastic known to man. And that little pin you have to keep pushing back in..... Hardly seems worth the risk to put an expensive electronic device on your person, attached by essentially, something weaker than a Dairlea Cheese slice,and expect it to be up to the job.

Out of curiosity, what's the clip on the 670g like?

I have seen some people mention putting a dab of super glue on each end of the pin on the clip to stop it falling out!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The original clip for the 640G was dreadful and so weak in comparison to the one on the previous Medtronic pump. I got a replacement clip a couple of months ago and it was fantastic in comparison to the weak one. I don't know if this is a new clip for the 640G or if it's actually the clip used for the new 670G. I have heard that the new pump looks very much like the 640G.

Justin04

I’ve broken a few clips, but last night at work I thought I broke the clip again, but the clip rail on the pump body was busted. There’s a lot less plastic on the rail than the clip, see for yourself. Tried to glue her up to keep her going but not enough material there to get a decent glue on. Rang Medtronic today, no questions asked, new pump will be at home in 2 days. Now that is world class service in my part of the world. A+++ to the team at Medtronic.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haha I dabbed glue on the pin originally but it fully snapped off at the other side! @malky39 I'd really appreciate that if you could pm me?