Woo hoo! (How low can you go?)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just having a burst of temporary euphoria because I have recorded my first ever reading of 4.9.

Over 4 hours since last meal and after a 6 mile walk but still a significant moment :)

So what is your lowest reading?

Cheers

LGC

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done, LGC. Don't have a chocolate bar to celebrate! :wink:

Viv 8)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Too late :)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My lowest ever is 3.6. I'm in the 4s and low 5s at the moment, but I'm on a pain-killer that can lower BG so I don't think these really count!

Viv 8)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, mine was 8.2 never ever been this low, though on this particular day we were off to see the new DSN manager for the first time! Maybe it heard / sensed ! ? :? who knows... Anna.x :)

Margi

LittleGreyCat said:
So what is your lowest reading?

Cheers

LGC

0.8 :shock: Either the meter was bust or I was lucky. I don't know how I was still conscious. I had been shopping in B&Q with my young boys while on a camping trip. When I got in the car to drive I thought I felt a bit off so I tested. I gave my keys to my son, who was somewhere between 4 and 6, I don't remember exactly (he's 26 now), and said 'Don't give those back to me until I do a test and it's over 4, no matter what I do or say. And if I pass out, dial 999'. He was very good and knew exactly what was going on because mum being hypo was perfectly normal to him as I was diabetic long before the boys were born. I think it took about half an hour to come up enough to be safe, with the aid of a Ribena carton if I remember rightly. That is what I used to use in those days: full of glucose syrup that doesn't need processing at all before it's absorbed.

I still suspect it was a false reading, but I don't know because the readings over that half hour showed it coming up gradually, starting in the 2 region after the first little wait. Go figure. Has anyone else been that low? And stayed conscious to boot?

Am I guilty of one-upmanship here?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
2.4 mmol/l........during anti-Cancer treatment when it went from that to over 24 mmol/l in the space of a few hours........ :shock:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
cugila said:
2.4 mmol/l........during anti-Cancer treatment when it went from that to over 24 mmol/l in the space of a few hours........ :shock:
Good grief !!! :shock: :shock: Anna.x

Margi

cugila said:
Know that feeling. :cry:

imalittlefishy

I've still been conscious and (somewhat) functioning when the meter is showing LO (less than 1.1)...I've also had several more serious hypos over the years so must have been lower than that at some point! Not much fun...xx

Ricey

The lowest I ever recorded was 1.8 and I left pretty good when I did it as well. We had a bbq and I thought it was time I checked it

annettekp

My son's first hypo after we left hospital after diagnosis, was a horrifying 1.4. I have to say I nearly fainted when I read the meter.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm... snap with Ricey. 1.8 at a bbq and it was about time to check. I did feel a little "odd" though not really hypo.

0.8, now that is scary!

/A

jordano

I have a 3yr old and he has readings below 2 on an almost daily basis. We've had him at 0.7 and low on many many occassions. Never had to use his emergency kit, always get him back up with glucogel and ribena. He's always kept conciousness, never had any fit or seisure or anything like that.