Is four the floor?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I treated myself to a new meter as I’ve not tested for a long time but along with my recent carni and OMAD change, I thought I’d be curious and find out what my control is like.

I’m very happy to see that at almost 11 years post diagnosis and a low carb diet, I’m still chucking out 3’s and 4’s and I know a lot of you guys do too.

My fasting this morning was 4.7 and two hours post bratwurst and a few slices of salami I got a lovely...

02681823-7724-493F-9748-1D196DFBB935.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Good to hear of someone keeping non diabetic numbers after over a decade.
My lowest ever reading was 4.2, I hope to see a 3 point something one day :)

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I treated myself to a new meter as I’ve not tested for a long time but along with my recent carni and OMAD change, I thought I’d be curious and find out what my control is like.

I’m very happy to see that at almost 11 years post diagnosis and a low carb diet, I’m still chucking out 3’s and 4’s and I know a lot of you guys do too.

My fasting this morning was 4.7 and two hours post bratwurst and a few slices of salami I got a lovely...

View attachment 32552
Seems like the Carni life is working out for you! Great stuff indeed!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 32552
Woop woop nice one indeed..!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Good to hear of someone keeping non diabetic numbers after over a decade.
My lowest ever reading was 4.2, I hope to see a 3 point something one day :)

Thank you, it took my dad 30 years to die after slowly rotting away following the NHS advice and he was diagnosed ten years older than I was at my diagnosis. I swore I’d never go through these the same thing.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, it took my dad 30 years to die after slowly rotting away following the NHS advice and he was diagnosed ten years older than I was at my diagnosis. I swore I’d never go through these the same thing.
I wanted to give a hug and a ‘winner’ really but settled on the winner, so here’s the (((hug))) for your poor Dad.
A lot of my incentive is seeing poorly controlled Type 2s come into hospital with bits missing or bits not working properly :(

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wanted to give a hug and a ‘winner’ really but settled on the winner, so here’s the (((hug))) for your poor Dad.
A lot of my incentive is seeing poorly controlled Type 2s come into hospital with bits missing or bits not working properly :(

It’s even more awful when we know that a change in diet alone would make such a difference. I have friends and family with all sorts of ailments and complaints I KNOW would improve or even disappear if they just dumped the carbs.

Reactions: DJC3 and Guzzler

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to my world, @wiflib . I see 3s very regularly, at all times of the day.

If it's a 3 ist's a 3, and so what. When it's a 2, I usually want to eat, and some times I want to eat NOW, but that's usually in hand.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to my world, @wiflib . I see 3s very regularly, at all times of the day.

If it's a 3 ist's a 3, and so what. When it's a 2, I usually want to eat, and some times I want to eat NOW, but that's usually in hand.

I’ve never caught a 2 but I’m pretty sure I’ve had a few because I get carb longings and cravings and start on my eating bread and crisps justification dialogue.
It’s a food hoover moment!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve never caught a 2 but I’m pretty sure I’ve had a few because I get carb longings and cravings and start on my eating bread and crisps justification dialogue.
It’s a food hoover moment!

I don't hoover carbs then. If lunch/dinnerer/food isn't imminent, I just have some tea or decaf coffee with milk, and I'm fine until my meal is ready.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I have 2 means to produce fbg's of 3.8 on demand. One is to eat Keto and before bed and heavy deadlift 10 reps and barbell squat 15 reps.

The other which has got me 2.4's is to fast for more than 24 hours and do some cardio and weights.

On normal days fbg is around 4.3.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Good lord a 2 is US 36, which would TERRIFY me personally! Good for y'all though!

Reactions: jpscloud
M

Member496333

Good lord a 2 is US 36, which would TERRIFY me personally! Good for y'all though!

You have to remember that people in our circles* who are running these sorts of diet-only numbers are likely in dietary ketosis. When the body is really good at running on ketones, its actual sugar requirements go down.

*insulin resistant history

Last edited by a moderator:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 32552

Hi @ wiflib,

Wow, I am so awed. Eleven years post diagnosis and numbers like this. Definitely shows that it can be done if you put your mind to it -- and really inspiring.

As to the threes -- yes, I do see them sometimes. Just had a look at my spreadsheet with blood sugars recorded over the last two years and 1.26 percent of the readings are in the threes. Lowest has been a 3.2, but have never seen anything in the twos.

Reactions: DJC3

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't hoover carbs then. If lunch/dinnerer/food isn't imminent, I just have some tea or decaf coffee with milk, and I'm fine until my meal is ready.

Me either, because I don’t eat them I can resist those lovely carbs although I was licking the flavour bit off a crisp recently.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really inspirational - thank you for this uplifting post, you have made my day!