What is more important, fasting BG or pre and post meal ones?

charlie000

I think your blood sugars numbers look normal. The white bread situation is not a surprise as this is fast acting glucose (you can see why societies are getting metabolic syndrome hand over fist). Due to the dawn phenomenon, I would prefer to have good / great pre and post meal numbers.
I agree. It was crazy what we were being fed in hospital despite having a so called hba1c of 105. I'm not complaining, I am grateful.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I want to do this, do you know where I can buy it? Is there a cheaper alternative as I am unemployed at the moment and a £100 is a lot for me.

You can Google to find them. Amazon has a few.
I used to buy them from https://www.bhr.co.uk/home-user-products/diabetes but they seem to have stopped doing the 2 test packs. The smallest at the moment is a 4 test pack at £68.40.

Reactions: charlie000

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Might work out cheaper and easier to go home for a couple of days. Arrange an appt with GP, request a blood draw to confirm (or not) diagnosis, have blood draw, return to wherever it is you are staying and await results.
A lab test ensures the result will be recorded on your medical notes for future ref.
Most hospital blood draws are done on a first come first serve basis so no appt necessary whereas it may take a few days for an appt with a phlebotomist at your practice.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

charlie000

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...castle-lifestyle-success-story-so-far.163390/

On this thread, please see your comment number 2. The one that references being at work and a colleague known as the "diet queen" (present tense).
I'm confused.

Ah recently I had to visit my work place to collect some stuff, there's a former colleague there who is always dieting, trying out new diets, and she never came across LCHF and was shocked when I mentioned I was putting in cream in my tea for example.

charlie000

Might work out cheaper and easier to go home for a couple of days. Arrange an appt with GP, request a blood draw to confirm (or not) diagnosis, have blood draw, return to wherever it is you are staying and await results.
A lab test ensures the result will be recorded on your medical notes for future ref.
Most hospital blood draws are done on a first come first serve basis so no appt necessary whereas it may take a few days for an appt with a phlebotomist at your practice.
Yes I think I will do this, which would be in a few weeks time, mid may earliest

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I think I will do this, which would be in a few weeks time, mid may earliest

Charlie - Could I ask what takes you away from home for so long? If you are unemployed, isn't there some stuff you have to do regularly to do, in order to satisfy the system? Sorry, I've been very fortunate never to have had to work my way through that particular maze.

You seem very concerrned about your health, but seem unwilling to do anything forrmal about it - i.e. go to visit your Doctor to have a repeat blood test.

You could certainly do a home A1c test, but I would bet the farm no GP would form any diagnosis based on that. I doubt many would have understanding of it, he would have no idea how rigorous the testing conditions are, and even, he would have no idea who actually did the test. They can only make a true diagnosis based on tests carried out either by themselves, in situ, or in a recognised UK Haemotology lab.

Nodoby on this website can diagnose you with anything. Nobody. Members on this website will do their best to help others out, and to help them try to understand where they find themselves unexpectedly, however, where you seem to be right now, there really is very little anyone can do for you. There are too many loose ends. The actions all seem to lie with you.

Bottom line is you have to decide on your priorities.

Reactions: Prem51

charlie000

Charlie - Could I ask what takes you away from home for so long? If you are unemployed, isn't there some stuff you have to do regularly to do, in order to satisfy the system? Sorry, I've been very fortunate never to have had to work my way through that particular maze.

You seem very concerrned about your health, but seem unwilling to do anything forrmal about it - i.e. go to visit your Doctor to have a repeat blood test.

You could certainly do a home A1c test, but I would bet the farm no GP would form any diagnosis based on that. I doubt many would have understanding of it, he would have no idea how rigorous the testing conditions are, and even, he would have no idea who actually did the test. They can only make a true diagnosis based on tests carried out either by themselves, in situ, or in a recognised UK Haemotology lab.

Nodoby on this website can diagnose you with anything. Nobody. Members on this website will do their best to help others out, and to help them try to understand where they find themselves unexpectedly, however, where you seem to be right now, there really is very little anyone can do for you. There are too many loose ends. The actions all seem to lie with you.

Bottom line is you have to decide on your priorities.

Hi

I’m away staying with my mum at the moment, We’ve got a lot going on as a family. I should be able to get my A1C mid May the earliest.

Im also grateful for all the answers to questions here.

I’m not asking anybody to diagnose me with anything I just like to get their experienced opinions

I really care about my health maybe that’s why I’ve been posting so much

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

I’m away staying with my mum at the moment, We’ve got a lot going on as a family. I should be able to get my A1C mid May the earliest.

Im also grateful for all the answers to questions here.

I’m not asking anybody to diagnose me with anything I just like to get their experienced opinions

I really care about my health maybe that’s why I’ve been posting so much

Bearring in mind nothing material will happen beforee May, perhaps spend that time supporting your Mum, or the other things you have going one? I'm sure it would be allround beneficial. Asking the same questions, based on the same data again and again, just garners the same answers and frsutration all round.

charlie000

Bearring in mind nothing material will happen beforee May, perhaps spend that time supporting your Mum, or the other things you have going one? I'm sure it would be allround beneficial. Asking the same questions, based on the same data again and again, just garners the same answers and frsutration all round.

Sorry I didn’t mean to cause any frustration... I will stop

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Finger pricking
Hi Charlie, I'm from New Zealand and was wondering why you couldn't go to your mum's doctor, or a local doctor there, you may have to tempery sign your paperwork over, but your health shouldn't go on hold cause you not home, please let me know

Reactions: Prem51

charlie000

Hi Charlie, I'm from New Zealand and was wondering why you couldn't go to your mum's doctor, or a local doctor there, you may have to tempery sign your paperwork over, but your health shouldn't go on hold cause you not home, please let me know
I don't know if I can do this? I will try and check tomorrow morning.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know if I can do this? I will try and check tomorrow morning.

You can register as a temporary patient, but they may not be interested in running any tests for something apparently clinically non-urgent. My guess would be the doc would be inclined to refer you to your usual GP on your return home.

Most surgeries have waiting times for blood appointments, so even if they instruct the tests to be done, it is uncertain if you could get a phlebotomy appointment in time to have blood drawn before returning home. In my view, your best bet is to make an appointment now, to see your GP as soon as you get home.

Of course, I could be very wrong.