Zero carb/Carnivore

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always best to go with the sample size of one and see how you go with it, I really do hope that it has provided you an answer and that you find your way too.

More and more I am finding myself hovering towards the carnivore lifestyle as I am losing a hell of a lot more weight, helping my muscles build and honestly? I feel ten times better, I always looked forward to the meat course more than any other so why not just leave it at that? Still going to eat eggs and dairy (dairy later on once I am in maintenance) so not fully carb free but this is rather sustainable for me. I appreciated reading through all of these insights, hopefully I can keep it adapted to an OMAD lifestyle too!

I’m glad the new diet is working for you :) Before diagnosis my diet was very high in carb and low in animal food. Almost vegetarian. Low carb diet works well for me to manage blood sugar level. I now eat lots of meat and fish but I think I’m not anywhere near giving up veggies. I think I will try to find out more on deactivating the negative lectin effect.... the video was quite convincing because I have gluten intolerance.

Reactions: Goonergal

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I’m glad the new diet is working for you :) Before diagnosis my diet was very high in carb and low in animal food. Almost vegetarian. Low carb diet works well for me to manage blood sugar level. I now eat lots of meat and fish but I think I’m not anywhere near giving up veggies. I think I will try to find out more on deactivating the negative lectin effect.... the video was quite convincing because I have gluten intolerance.
That would be for the best really, I kinda like experimenting with my food to see what is best really. As long as it works for you then that is the main thing and when it comes down to it you gotta have a good time with your life :cat:

Reactions: michita

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: George M. Diggs, PhD — “Plant Defense Chemicals: The Dark Side of Food Plants“:

Reactions: Brunneria

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: Dr. Zsófia Clemens — “Intestinal Permeability in Autoimmune Diseases and Cancer":

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Indy1282 thank you.
Those last two vids are tailormade for me.
Spot on!

@DCUKMod I heartily recommend that you watch the vid in #103
It covers (briefly) the effect of oxalate accumulation in the thyroid affecting thyroid function, and names rhubarb as one of the worst offenders... i know that you regularly eat homegrown rhubarb for breakfast. Question is, when did the thyroid problems start...? Was it after your rhubarb consumption increased?

Last edited:
Reactions: Indy51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Indy1282 thank you.
Those last two vids are tailormade for me.
Spot on!

@DCUKMod I heartily recommend that you watch the vid in #103
It covers (briefly) the effect of oxalate accumulation in the thyroid affecting thyroid function, and names rhubarb as one of the worst offenders... i know that you regularly eat homegrown rhubarb for breakfast. Question is, when did the thyroid problems start...? Was it after your rhubarb consumption increased?

Thanks, @Brunneria - my thyroid symptoms began quite some time before I gave in to my rhubarb addiction, although it took a long time to attribute them to anything.

Sounds like I need to watch the video, but steel myself for some uncomfortable news.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: Miki Ben-Dor, PhD — “How Much Protein? The Evolutionary Answer":

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: L. Amber O’Hearn — “Rethinking RDAs (Recommended Daily Allowances)“

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: Peter J. Ballerstedt — “Reading the Environmental Hoofprints“

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: Nick Mailer — “The Tragedy of the Empathetic Carnivore“

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: Georgia Ede, MD — “The Brain Needs Meat: Mental Health Benefits of the Carnivore…

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: Shawn Baker, MD — “The Plural of Anecdote is Data: Lessons from N=many“

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: Dave Feldman — “Reverse Engineering the Carnivore Diet“

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CarnivoryCon 2019: Siobhan Huggins — “N=1 Field Guide: The Why of Citizen Science“

ghost_whistler

I've been trying zero carb/carnivore since february. I can't say I feel any different. It hasn't improved my constipation at all. Unfortunately the community doesn't seem to understand that, in offering a very radical diet (at least that's how it's perceived), treating people that struggle badly isn't the answer. Instead they just shut the door.