What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

MisplacedIdentity

morning all, it seems the longer I fast the higher my morning readings are!
5pm evening meal last night. bs at 10:30pm were 8.6
Woke at 7 with bs being 6.8

No evening snack and no early morning start ( most times I'm up at 5am)

I presumed I would have a lower reading as fasted for longer. Off to find something to eat, this is such a chore. I have plenty in but I really want cereal which sends me too high. scrambled eggs it is!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A bit higher this morning at 5.5.

BP is 98/63 ketones still at 0.5.

Taking Keiran back to Uni today so will actually be getting out and will be dropping in on my poorly friend on the way as he is Keiran's God father.

My friend is a long standing insulin dependent T2 who has now been diagnosed with lung cancer.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.0 this morning, up bright and early as per usual...looks kinda nice out there this morning so ope my foot which decided to hurt me when I got up stops hurting as need walk my dogs after I been shopping...hope all have a wonderful day..keep smiling

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all, after a couple of days of veg eating last night a friend came by and it was a meat fest for supper. Slow cooked pork in Maderia wine with lashings of broccoli cooked in cheeses and cream . Red wine with meal and a single glass of pudding wine with the darkest of chocolate to follow. A feast really . This mornings reading 4.6 - ............ reading about people who have cramps - I used to have killer ones in the night, Since I've added vitamin K2 to the magnesium , D3 and Vitamin C I take I havent had one bad experience with it. - Plenty of other stuff which I still havent figured out, but touch wood, hopefully this carries on , Its been more than 3 months for me .......

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - bright sunny and optimistic weather here so hope at least some of that wings your way. @JohnEGreen hug for sadness, I assume, for your friend. @jjraak hug for cramp and your good lady's tooth issue.
Data dump day for me. 5.2 fbg - not aspirational but mid range; bmi 21.7 - fine; and body fat 17.1 - not bad for an oldie; ketones .5 - weakness of VLC for me; resting pulse 60 - getting back to respectable after digestive system shenanigans.
I think that data links into the eating less and counter intuitive results theme running through this morning. This month i have analysed diet and balanced macros ( so poserish that) as far as possible but results are not stellar. @MisplacedIdentity I would urge you not to push too hard. Last summer I had a fasting and exercise binge - lovely bg and ketone combo of 3.9 each - HbA1c still 5.5.
Long post but @PenguinMum hope eye test and follow up go your way - best I can do from here is hope and pray. @OrsonKartt, now that is an aspirational meal and stellar fbg. You are in my players player of the year team.

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
. You are in my players player of the year team.[/QUOTE]
LOL

Reactions: gennepher

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So my excitement was short lived. I open the shiny new pack of testing strips. Then the absolute panic of a 9.4.. fear not chums.. a closer look with my glasses on and the 9 was actually a 5... ( relief/happy dance) so I’m a 5.4 today. It looks grim outside so I shall wander outside with Hugo later and potter around his walk trail. Have a fab weekend xx

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to my publisher, who hasn't approached me for my pet recipes.

Today a gentle 6.7 for me and me's, considering the truly wonderful dinner and shock horror apple crumble and custard prepared by Mrs J is not at all bad for me's.

Well folks today I have plinky plonky, woodworking and catching up on correspondence planned, that is untill Mrs J gets out of her pit / lair then who knows where and what will happen.
However your day goes seek enjoyment aiming to make a stranger smile.
Have a good one, what ever a good one is.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good grief, Goacher! How horrible!

I still have the bruise on my arm from where they took blood a week and a day ago. The lab tech looked at my inside elbow and said, Oh, what a nice juicy vein! A vampire would love you!

I just looked at her and said "Dracula, eat your heart out." All this while I was being very brave by sitting up, in the laboratory, instead of lying down in the exam room where I usually have blood drawn because I am blood-phobic and used to think I would faint. I have never actually fainted in my life, but whatever.

I can stand in a barnyard holding a horse who is having fluid visibly drained from his fetlock joints with a huge horse needle and be just fine. But blood in a lab? And vampire jokes?

I wish I could send you one of my elbow veins for your blood draws.

Oh, and BTW, I just noticed on the bulletin board in our lobby that I have a new neighbor ... from England! :D

Alas I’m used to the blood removing issues. The blood remover person suggested that I was possibly dehydrated - Id only had one cup of tea so she suggested next time making sure that I’ve had lots to drink. Onwards to Monday. Just realised that it interferes with our plans to see Avengers End game. Oh hum ..

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So my excitement was short lived. I open the shiny new pack if testing strips. Then the absolute panic of a 9.4.. fear not chums.. a closer look with my glasses on and the 9 was actually a 5... ( relief/happy dance) so I’m a 5.4 today. It looks grim outside so I shall wander outside with Hugo later and potter around his walk trail. Have a fab weekend xx
Haha thats like me yesterday testing fbg at 04.30 thinking it was 06.20. Glad it worked out the right way round for you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Slightly reproachful little post incoming. Why has no one gently told me that this keto/paleo/carni/LCHF/vegan schtick is so last decade? Who left me as the sado not woke to Pegan - c'mon own up

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just said almost exactly that...my numbers go up when I don't eat too!...welcome to the thread
Hi there @Bubbsie and @MisplacedIdentity . We are all playing a long game. I can't see "fasting" (beyond overnight) as a winning tactic. It would most likely make me say "Stuff It!" and head to the local shop for beer and Cornish pasties.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Prince harry's wife..;)

(**** too late..should have refreshed before post..:***: )

Edited by moderator for language

** Oops..a word of caution. a simple word sounding like something to hold back water,
plenty in amsterdam..got me told off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goacher55

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs thanks yes very sad my we have been best of pals for nearly 40 years irony is he gave up smoking about twenty years ago.

He is still taking services at his church though but drew the line at the 49 verses for Palm Sunday..

When I saw him last we spent some while going through the brochure from the funeral directors with him pointing out items he was not going to pay for as he found the cost exorbitant, he has it all organized bless him.

He is going to be laid to rest in a cemetery that does not allow head stones instead they plant a tree of your choice and when it is grown enough attach a plaque to it. .

Reactions: geefull and jjraak