What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Met a friend in London last night for a birthday meal. Went to a Persian restaurant in the wilds of Kensal green. - they wouldn't serve tap water ( we don't have to they said) - anyhow it was nice to be in London again and very pleased with a 4.5 on the meter this grey day

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, 5.5 on the dice today, it's certainly a bit of a change from last weekend.
@gennepher I do love a good vivid dream, mine are normally set in post apocalyptic scenes, but it's all in third person perspective like I'm watching a film, don't get them too often now though.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning unhappy crampers and storm tossed brothers and sisters of the prick and tell glee club. A couple of queries for y'all. Anyone take electrolytes? I'm thinking I need to counteract all the depletion VLC seems to cause me as manifested in my joints not feeling the love for this WOE. Secondly @jjraak - Kate Beckinsale who is this personage and will Mr Levy be buying her - are you ITK?
Enjoy your day. We are in charge of a 9 month old granddaughter who stands, claps herself, looks around and invites her subjects to pay homage - I await the contest to be queen when all 4 girls grow girl like

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, 5.5 on the dice today, it's certainly a bit of a change from last weekend.
@gennepher I do love a good vivid dream, mine are normally set in post apocalyptic scenes, but it's all in third person perspective like I'm watching a film, don't get them too often now though.
I used to have post apocalyptic dreams years ago, some terrifying ones because I was an actual person in them, experiencing the events in the dream. But like you they seem to have subsided somewhat.

>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After all the time traveling that I have been involved in during the month of April - April is of course the very best time of year to time travel, I ended up in bed at 2100 last night and, after a few false starts (0030, 0210, 0345, 0450, 0710) I got up at 0830. Loki’s wonder wheel of perplexity, anxiety and exasperation blew me a kiss and announced “5.8”.

Thank you @jjraak and @SaskiaKC for the Shake-lancet sonnets (plus or minus a few lines - or were they 14 - oh dear) and to @gennepher for the dream; as I read it, the music of The Deam of Gerontius sprang to mind - that harmonica bit that they used in the Stella adverts as a parody of the film Jean De Flourette.

Anyhow - have a great weekend if you can, try dressing up as an early 20th century french romanticist if you can’t.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher what an amazing dream. I’m not surprised you were upset when you woke up though. I’ve had dreams which included loved ones now departed, and they were such a comfort at the time, but left me feeling empty all the next day. Good tip about the salt in your bottle of water though.
@ianpspurs enjoy your day with the little princess. I’m sure you are a dutiful subject and pay homage unstintingly. Little girls are good at wrapping granddads round their little finger.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Met a friend in London last night for a birthday meal. Went to a Persian restaurant in the wilds of Kensal green. - they wouldn't serve tap water ( we don't have to they said) - anyhow it was nice to be in London again and very pleased with a 4.5 on the meter this grey day

What a cheek about the water! Still, whatever you had to drink instead certainly agreed with you - great fbg.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning unhappy crampers and storm tossed brothers and sisters of the prick and tell glee club. A couple of queries for y'all. Anyone take electrolytes? I'm thinking I need to counteract all the depletion VLC seems to cause me as manifested in my joints not feeling the love for this WOE. Secondly @jjraak - Kate Beckinsale who is this personage and will Mr Levy be buying her - are you ITK?
Enjoy your day. We are in charge of a 9 month old granddaughter who stands, claps herself, looks around and invites her subjects to pay homage - I await the contest to be queen when all 4 girls grow girl like

Congratulations for being chosen for the adoration of the granddaughter group - very difficult to get selected.
For electrolytes, I have always found the stuff sold in shops at an exorbitant cost a complete waste of money.
The military and also aid workers (I have had bit parts in both plays) use a simple solution of salt (propper salt) and sugar in clean water - can also be flavoured if you like.
Some ideas here if you wish: https://rehydrate.org/solutions/homemade.htm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kate Beckinsale who is this personage and will Mr Levy be buying her

Ah Kate . Best seen In "Van helsing"...(actress, dark haired beauty..but it is all in the eye of, etc.)
Not sure about what position I'd play her in, but I'd be more then happy to be the one swapping shirts with her ;)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs enjoy your day with the little princess. I’m sure you are a dutiful subject and pay homage unstintingly. Little girls are good at wrapping granddads round their little finger.[/USER]
Little girls have the disadvantage of not being a grandson so wrapping ain't gonna happen here. (She has a big brother - enough for now)

Last edited:
Reactions: zauberflote

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
liked the post re friends attitude,
dreadful what it costs these days..(Note to self: attend to similar soon)
and hugs for the day.
hope it's an enjoyable afternoon despite the news.

Yes it was, we had a good laugh over the songs he wants for his funeral service he definately being a true Zeplin fan wants Stairway to Heaven but he thinks it a bit long and as the best bit comes at the end is not sure of the timing he then said he was considering may be Queens No One Lives For Ever but he was only joking

Then from there I took Keiran to Lincoln then back to Mansfield pick Judith up from work in the dog house as got there late then from there home.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ah Kate . Best seen In "Van helsing"...(actress, dark haired beauty..but it is all in the eye of, etc.)
Not sure about what position I'd play her in, but I'd be more then happy to be the one swapping shirts with her ;)
Oh, an actress. I don't really do film so Van driver or whatever is lost on me

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning...likely to be working today so far had three calls...so shortly off to the heady climbs of Essex or possibly London...wondering how storm Hannah will behave...or not as the case may be...woke to a 6.2 may have overdone the bedtime snack...honestly how can I open a packet of Maltesers & just eat two:D

You can’t . They come in handfuls !

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it was, we had a good laugh over the songs he wants for his funeral service he definately being a true Zeplin fan wants Stairway to Heaven but he thinks it a bit long and as the best bit comes at the end is not sure of the timing he then said he was considering may be Queens No One Lives For Ever but he was only joking

Then from there I took Keiran to Lincoln then back to Mansfield pick Judith up from work in the dog house as got there late then from there home.
John, you friend sounds amazing. I am guessing, very much hoping, he has retained his faith and that is a comfort.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My fbg this morning was 5.6 a bit higher than I like but OK.

Spent so much time traveling about yesterday didn't find time to eat till gone seven last night and all that was a available was battered cod everything else required defrosting so I did that with rutabaga fries and had a bit of a carby meal for basically my only meal of the day.