How many meds are you on?

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4 x 500mg of Metformin
Sitagliptin
Forxega

the metformin is 2 500mg twice a day but its giving me bad trots... so im easing off

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you on the metformin slow release. I'm on those, 2 in the morning, 2 in the evening.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, I know some members take the Slow Release Metformin, SR, and feel better on that one.

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
* Metformin 500mg - 1 x morning & evening
* Januvia 100mg - 1 x morning only
*. Lantus Insulin - 16 Units Late evening

Originally started off with Metformin 1000mg twice daily but seemed to spend all my time staring at the loo walls () so doctor finally settled me on the above combination, which appears to be successful.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
500 mg metformin.

The magnesium and Vit D Are more essential I feel.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3 x 500mg of Metformin (plus countless other meds for arthritis, BP and asthma and various supplements).

D

Deleted member 308541

[QUOTE="Jackthehat, post: 2038328, member: 135163"How many meds are you on?][/QUOTE]

A lot, mostly heart tablets and copd inhalers see my signature.

I on 1 x 500 mg Metformin as I am reducing them down as I will be stop taking them completely in June.

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
Metformin 500mg - 1 x morning & evening

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3x500mg Metf. 300 mg of R-ALA and different Vitamins

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
None, though I'm open to the idea of taking them if I can't maintain a non-diabetic A1c.

Last A1c was 5.8% (US); 39.9 mmol/mol (UK). Just had another today. Hoping it will be in the non-diabetic range of 5.6% (US); 37.7 mmol/mol (UK) when I get the results next week.

I need to know how each meal effects my glucose levels. I fear if I begin taking medication, I'll ultimately end up increasing the dosage, perhaps the number of medications too, over time. So I'm doing my best to hold the line with a real, whole foods LCHF/Keto diet, testing sometimes 10 times a day, walking, and using intermittent fasting 9 days a month for gradual weight loss.

It's a challenge. I crossed over to T2DM in 2005 and am now in my late 50's.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
None, though I'm open to the idea of taking them if I can't maintain a non-diabetic A1c.

Last A1c was 5.8% (US); 39.9 mmol/mol (UK). Just had another today. Hoping it will be in the non-diabetic range of 5.6% (US); 37.7 mmol/mol (UK) when I get the results next week.

I need to know how each meal effects my glucose levels. I fear if I begin taking medication, I'll ultimately end up increasing the dosage, perhaps the number of medications too, over time. So I'm doing my best to hold the line with a real, whole foods LCHF/Keto diet, testing sometimes 10 times a day, walking, and using intermittent fasting 9 days a month for gradual weight loss.

It's a challenge. I crossed over to T2DM in 2005 and am now in my late 50's.
"9 days a week"?

Reactions: Winnie53

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guzzler, edited to correct. I meant "9 days a month". [giggle]

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin 500 mg x 4 daily
Jardiance 10 mg x 1 daily
Plus others for bp, rheumatoid and osteo arthritis.
Hi Indie and welcome, I see you are new to the forum, so here is a tag for @daisy1 who will post her useful info post for you as we do with all newcomers.
Please excuse the derailment to your thread @Jackthehat