Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
So..

Now, unless the players are paid, they are refusing to play the last two games of the season.

The takeover isn’t yet done so the new bloke can’t pay them...and the old owner won’t pay them!

Utter shambles again!.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
And we make history!

Game called off by EFL due to players boycotting match!

League expulsion here we come at thIs rate!

Outrageous!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So..

Now, unless the players are paid, they are refusing to play the last two games of the season.

The takeover isn’t yet done so the new bloke can’t pay them...and the old owner won’t pay them!

Utter shambles again!.

Oh blimey what a mess.

Reactions: Cumberland

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck to all those playing today. Hope your teams all win :)
A lot of things could be sorted by the close of play tonight. Sheffield Utd kick off at 5:15pm so come 7pm they could have booked their seat in the Premiership for next season. I really hope they win. Leeds would then be left to scrap in the play offs.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doidge seems to have settled back into league 2 life after his 'escape' from the shambles at Bolton.
Yes and I’m pleased he has.

Treated disgracefully with us although, sadly, that’s down to our owner. He was just finding his feet in the Championship.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes and I’m pleased he has.

Treated disgracefully with us although, sadly, that’s down to our owner. He was just finding his feet in the Championship.
How have things got so bad at Bolton so quickly? We used to think of it as a well run club. I have been to a few Arsenal away games there. One particular memory is of a wonder goal by Anelka. I felt privileged to see it live. My family weren't as in awe of it as me though because they were the 'real gooners' and it was shortly after he joined Bolton lol.

Last edited:

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How have things got so bad at Bolton so quickly? We used to think of it as a well run club. I have been to a few Arsenal away games there. One particular memory is of a wonder goal by Anelka. I felt privileged to see it live. My family weren't as in awe of it as me though because they were the 'real gooners' and it was shortly after he joined Bolton lol.
New owner came in three years ago. Did some dodgy deals and took out some dubious loans. Never had the money to run us properly and sounds like he hoped to make @ quick buck from us.
Now he’s abdicated his responsibilities and, despite still being the owner, he won’t pay the players as that’s not his problem he says as that duty should fall to new owner.
Trouble is that he wont give new owner the paperwork unless he can stay on as a director which nobody wants, especially the fans so there’s a bit of blackmail going on and a resolution looks very far away.
Players due to be paid on Tuesday but since they've not had March pay it looks unlikely that will happen and one player has formally handed in his notice to leave which they can all legally do now.
EFL worse than useless and totally unhelpful. Now say we must play games so, possibly, unless things sorted, it will be our under 18 team against Brentford and Forest.
It’s been a dreadful season and, honestly, I’d take administration and a 12 point deduction now to avoid more bad news.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New owner came in three years ago. Did some dodgy deals and took out some dubious loans. Never had the money to run us properly and sounds like he hoped to make @ quick buck from us.
Now he’s abdicated his responsibilities and, despite still being the owner, he won’t pay the players as that’s not his problem he says as that duty should fall to new owner.
Trouble is that he wont give new owner the paperwork unless he can stay on as a director which nobody wants, especially the fans so there’s a bit of blackmail going on and a resolution looks very far away.
Players due to be paid on Tuesday but since they've not had March pay it looks unlikely that will happen and one player has formally handed in his notice to leave which they can all legally do now.
EFL worse than useless and totally unhelpful. Now say we must play games so, possibly, unless things sorted, it will be our under 18 team against Brentford and Forest.
It’s been a dreadful season and, honestly, I’d take administration and a 12 point deduction now to avoid more bad news.
How can he demand that he stays on as director? That's crazy. Are you behind the players in this? I know they deserve to be paid, but would just 2 more games unpaid really hurt them? Their argument is with the old owner but they are hurting the club the fans and the new owner by not playing. I'm not sure I would be too pleased if this happened at Arsenal, FGR, or dare I say it....Leeds. :rolleyes:

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That confirms it Cardiff are coming with us in to the Championship next season.
Nice win for Carlisle but could be too late.
Sheff Utd kick off now a win would guarantee their place in the Prem. :nailbiting:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I didn’t go to see our 4-2 win last home game of the season

We’ve all had a rough and tumble kind of season

Good luck to those still involved in promotion or play offs

And better luck to those who have suffered for next season especially Bolton

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How can he demand that he stays on as director? That's crazy. Are you behind the players in this? I know they deserve to be paid, but would just 2 more games unpaid really hurt them? Their argument is with the old owner but they are hurting the club the fans and the new owner by not playing. I'm not sure I would be too pleased if this happened at Arsenal, FGR, or dare I say it....Leeds. :rolleyes:
Players still have bills to pay and playing is no guarantee they’ll get paid ever at this rate.

Of course the EFL could step in, pay the players and then deduct those payments from the money the club receives at seasons end from the EFL...but that’s too simple.

I’m 50/50. I say that because the performances have been dire all season so even when being paid they didn’t perform any better and they’ve disappointed the fans way too often this season. And I feel for the Brentford team and fans who travelled up. But the situation as a whole has dragged on all season and this is now the third time they’ve not been paid on time so, unfortunately, someone had to make a stand.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you're probably right, but you never know with Saints . South Coast derby with Bournemouth this weekend.
Three all yesterday, but with Cardiff losing that ensures we stay up . Hopefully Ralph H. will stay and we have a less frenetic year, next season. Wet Spam next week.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Players still have bills to pay and playing is no guarantee they’ll get paid ever at this rate.

Of course the EFL could step in, pay the players and then deduct those payments from the money the club receives at seasons end from the EFL...but that’s too simple.

I’m 50/50. I say that because the performances have been dire all season so even when being paid they didn’t perform any better and they’ve disappointed the fans way too often this season. And I feel for the Brentford team and fans who travelled up. But the situation as a whole has dragged on all season and this is now the third time they’ve not been paid on time so, unfortunately, someone had to make a stand.
Yes, I think I'm 50/50 too. I don't suppose the players are the only members of staff who haven't been paid though and I guess the others still have mortgages and bills too. Yes that would be so easy for the EFL just to pay up for now, but when has anything in football ever been sensible or easy? I hope it all gets sorted soon.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just to put another point in the Bolton situation.
Similar but not as drastic as Boltons players who have took action.
The PFA have paid wages to players in similar situations. The FA have also paid some others and banks have done loans.
Also because of circumstances, Bolton should not be allowed to both, field an understrength team and not fulfil a fixture as it goes against all the laws of the leagues in Britain.
Clubs have had bad owners before, including mine, but every club, board members, manager, staff, player, has a responsibility to the football league to ensure that the supporters are treated fairly, and football is played as the fixture s dictates. that is how football is done in this country!
Remember the tragedies, football never stops, and there is a long list of ex league football clubs that have gone to the wall or are plying their trade in the non leagues.
It is disgraceful what has happened to Bolton, but the repercussions could be worse.
Maybe, someone should have seen this coming and done something about it!
I am a member of staff at my local club, and there is a lot of matchday staff, full time staff, local trades and suppliers, sponsors and a lot of people involved who will be out of pocket because of this strike.
You have to wonder about the way the club is run by all those who have the best interests of the club itself.
I would like to think that at my club, the most important thing about football is the supporters, which my club depends on so much!

I can't believe that someone thought they could make a profit from a football club known to have huge debts and going in the wrong direction!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And Leeds could only draw this afternoon so that's Norwich and Sheff Utd both playing Premier League footy next season and I wish them both all the best :)

Reactions: jay hay-char

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Congratulations Sheffield Utd. Premiership team next season. Well done lads. :singing::singing::D
Leeds have to make do with the play off's. :D

More money coming to us going thru the play offs lol