What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all foot the ball followers, what will you do when the kick and run season is over?
A 6.7 peered out from the meter this morning said " pah " and then disappeared.

Happy Monday folks me's thought we would remind you it's Monday just to be cruel. Enjoy if you can and if you can't blow raspberries and spray air freshener while glaring at a colleague hehehe.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 at 0800. Dinner was spinach omelette, small yogurt, 4 squares Lindt 90 so should have been worth less but who knows! It was nice and I enjoyed it and lets be honest I could have done a lot worse.
Sunny here again today which is nice so pottering outside when I see youngest off to Bath with a good brekkie in his tum and rations, etc.
Have a great Monday if you possibly can. Stay well, stay safe.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all.

I start today with a reading of 5.2 It was a very veggy day yesterday and sometimes I really like it like that Bright and sunny here but cool enough for me to start a fire.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning kings and queens of the prick and tell guild - anyone slayed a dragon yet? From a contested field I selected a 5.6 to share today (nice to have a choice all with spuriously precise looking decimal points, gives one so much confidence in the accuracy). Too plump by far for the sub 100/5.5 club but neatly fits all my biases about LC so all good there. @Goacher55 hydrate away young lady then, as they say here, bleed like a stuck pig. @DJC3 so much fuss for coffee - just drink a few huge mugs of tea girl. @alf_Josiah cricket world cup next and I am far more of a cricket man so all good.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.8 - pretty good. All these ups and downs - and for reasons far too complex for our simple lifestyles - I have just taken an olive oil choccy cake out of the oven - best blow on it a bit before doing a “chefy taste test”.

Will blowing in it blow away a few calories or a few of the glucose percent ... ever the hooeful one?!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the sun is out and the wind is hiding, a good omen for the start of this long weekend - Is Good Omens the title of a book?

The amazing freestyle wheel of insecurity, misinformation and intolerance has decided upon a reading of 5.2 this morning (plus or minus whatever error of calibration it has sneakily come up with for this week)
Lots of aches and pains absent this morning except for my right ankle which is holding out like the forlorn hope at the Alamo in that there land grab thing.
Have a great day if you can, and remember:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying ‘End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH’, the paint wouldn’t even have time to dry.”
― Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time (happy birthday for yesterday Terry).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will blowing in it blow away a few calories or a few of the glucose percent ... ever the hooeful one?!

Blowing on it calms the carbs down a bit and gets them in line. The awkward ones then become residual carbs, hence reducing the overall load when they hit the chemical conversion factory in the interior - well, that’s what I think that they said but I’m rubbish at languages.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.5 at 6 am

Been taking car out of driveway etc in preparation for the drain/waterboard/repair crew to come and do the work today...no sign of anyone yet..

Sitting by front window so I do not miss them (cos I am deaf and cannot hear the doorbell, nor do I see it flashing if I am not directly facing it...doorbell is currently in my large pocket in my apron so I will feel it), but I have given permission for them to enter the driveway anyway, and start the works.

It is a lovely sunny day and the sun is in the back...I want to be in the back garden...it is cold here in the front...

Take care x
>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.4 from me today.
Just realised I have no cream left so going to have to trundle down the hill to the shop before I can have my usual morning 2 mugs coffee with cream. Irritating.
@Bildad hugs for the migranes. I used to suffer with them and remember how debilitating they were.
@Goacher55 fingers crossed for you today.
@HarrisonK well done! I agree that sometimes there’s no rhyme or reason to it but long may the good times last.
I always buy extra tubs double cream, to put in the fridge, for that coffee...so far it lasts long after its use by date...
Miaow...
>^..^<

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Fbs was 8.9 for me at 8.10.am. Had one poached egg, one slice bacon and a tablespoon of baked beans for evening meal at 6.30pm and a stick of celery with a spoonful of cream cheese for supper.
Mum came home from hospital yesterday.:happy: When I rang early in the morning they told me they would ring us once her mobility assessment had been done. As I'd not heard anything by lunchtime I rang again and they said she was on her way home!! No-one had informed us. (Apparently the hospital had obtained the number of mum's key safe from Social Services to get mum into her house).We dashed up to mum's house and saw an ambulance leaving the estate where she lives . When we got to mum's she was OK but had no recall of being in hospital or even of the paramedics/ ambulance that had just brought her home. We stayed with her for the rest of the day until the carer came to settle mum into bed as she was very tired, confused and still complaining of back pain. No contact from this morning's carer so hoping all is well. Have a good day everyone.:)

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

looking like a nice sunny morning so far so perhaps we'll get some time in the garden, perhaps even strimming, which I'm getting better at, fortunately the odd hole I've produced in the verbage doesn't matter much here ;)

Mum spent part of yesterday potting up the chrysanthemums she'd ordered through the post in her rather rackety greenhouse, contemplation of which activity leads me to believe that perhaps I harbour more destructive tendencies than I'd previously realised :hilarious:
I much prefer pruning, grass cutting and strimming to pottering with seedlings, and I don't object to weeding a bit but my knees do (having been so overweight for so long).

Comedic high spot of the day yesterday was the sudden realisation that the rubber 'o' ring washer in the hose spray had failed, cue jet of water in the contrary direction and much ensuing blue air ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How disappointing but not surprising dogslife...that seems sadly to be the norm nowadays...you must be relieved she's home.
Yes, Bubbsie. Relieved to have mum home. Mum has no recall of her time in hospital or of the paramedics/ ambulance journey home. Maybe that's a good thing. Still complaining of leg/ back pain but is mobilising OK albeit slowly. Thanks and best wishes.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs -- Dragon #6.8 flew out of the meter at me this morning. I haven't slain him yet; will leave that up to the KittenCat, with whom I've just discovered Videos For Cats To Watch. I think he must've been a Chinese dragon as my late supper consisted of chicken stir-fry and brown rice.

dragon-animated-gif-7.gif

@alf_Josiah If I recall correctly, once the Premier League kick & slide season was over we used to change to the channel where the European strikers and spikers were still running around.

@dogslife I agree, maybe it is a good thing she doesn't remember all that experience. Hugs to you both.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@ianpspurs -- Dragon #6.8 flew out of the meter at me this morning. I haven't slain him yet; will leave that up to the KittenCat, with whom I've just discovered Videos For Cats To Watch. I think he must've been a Chinese dragon as my late supper consisted of chicken stir-fry and brown rice.

@alf_Josiah If I recall correctly, once the Premier League kick & slide season was over we used to change to the channel where the European strikers and spikers were still running around.

@dogslife I agree, maybe it is a good thing she doesn't remember all that experience. Hugs to you both.
Thanks

Thanks, Saskia KC:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@geefull good for you for calling the hose incident "comedic". That happened to me at a horse barn once when I turned on the hose to fill Prince's water bucket. The water went everywhere EXCEPT into the bucket, including all over me! Fortunately I had already finished our ride.

I wonder if strimming is like weed-eating. String-trimmer?