How many eggs do you eat per week?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I usually have two poached eggs 2-3 times a week, occasionally 3 scrambled eggs. So probably 6-8 eggs a week.

Reactions: Pasha

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Normally 3 a day as I love eggs. Scrambled with butter, and some cherry toms. Yum.

Reactions: Prem51

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not an egg lover so although I believe (in theory!) that they're a fairly essential food I tend not to eat many. I generally use them hidden(!) in combination with other foods e.g. beaten in with cheese or ceam for pastryless flans or quiches. or baked in muffins, cheesecake, etc. Usually between 0 and 4 a week.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a soft boiled egg every day at breakfast, without fail. Then I may have 2 more hard boiled and chopped up with mayonnaise for lunch or one hard boiled with a tin of salmon, and on the days I have a fry up at lunch time or evening meal I have a fried one.

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have 6 per week. Usually 3 at a time scrambled for breakfast or for a late snack.

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7-10 a week,sometimes more .Eat fats,lose weight,gotta love it!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not as many now on 800cals or as close as.
I'm fed up of them.
I'll drum up enthusiasm again though.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love eggs but they make me hungry and crave and I never understood why but it seems it’s got something to do with the way the protein in them is metabolised.

It’s also very sad that I can’t eat creamy scrambled eggs with hot, white and thickly buttered toast.

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Usually about 6 to 8 eggs per week, just received my cute little tamagoyaki fry pan, so I'll try it out at lunch time, just rectangular ham omelette making though. Real tamagoyaki (without sugar) is more time consuming than I have time for today...

Reactions: 1spuds