Well, I have my latest HbA1c results back...

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, very well done! What I would say is don't compare yourself too much with most of the people on here at this stage, don't forget they are amongst the cream of type 2s and work extremely hard and diligently to get there. Compared with the rest of the diabetes society YOU are an absolute star and should be given a medal. You strike me as someone who is well on their way to that elusive club anyway but don't forget you are competing with the best and you are keeping up. x
Aww, thank you so much. I've worked so hard to get to where I am now and I'll continue to work hard to get to where I want to be :)

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone on this forum who has helped and guided me this past 3 months. Without you guys I wouldn't be where I am now, no where near!
I'm so pleased I joined this forum. I've learned so much and still have a lot to learn. So far I'm enjoying my journey. It can sometimes be tough but noone ever said it was going to be easy. :happy:

Reactions: Prem51

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww, thank you so much. I've worked so hard to get to where I am now and I'll continue to work hard to get to where I want to be :)

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone on this forum who has helped and guided me this past 3 months. Without you guys I wouldn't be where I am now, no where near!
I'm so pleased I joined this forum. I've learned so much and still have a lot to learn. So far I'm enjoying my journey. It can sometimes be tough but noone ever said it was going to be easy. :happy:

The forum is lucky to have you, @Starfish18. What a great attitude. And of course, stellar result on your HbA1c -- all due to your hard work.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
... and it's 50! Down from 95 in Jan 19, on diagnosis. Diet only!
Feel a bit disappointed tbh cos I've tried so hard with the Lchf way of eating, but I have had DP from time to time and liver dumps which I've tried to combat.
My cholesterol etc is all OK so that's something at least
Anyway, onwards and upwards or should I say downwards, regarding my hba1c! :)

Crumbs You are a STAR! Well done star that is a great result.
Keep on keeping on... Whatever you are doing the numbers show for certain that the LCHF way of eating is working for you.

The rest of the numbers are important also eg. cholesterol is OK that is a biggie also.
Now breath in slowly and.... smile... relax... And enjoy your Sunday!
Po

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Crumbs You are a STAR! Well done star that is a great result.
Keep on keeping on... Whatever you are doing the numbers show for certain that the LCHF way of eating is working for you.

The rest of the numbers are important also eg. cholesterol is OK that is a biggie also.
Now breath in slowly and.... smile... relax... And enjoy your Sunday!
Po
Thanks Po. I'm working today but I'll try and enjoy my Sunday. Hope you enjoy your Sunday too :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... and it's 50! Down from 95 in Jan 19, on diagnosis. Diet only!
Feel a bit disappointed tbh cos I've tried so hard with the Lchf way of eating, but I have had DP from time to time and liver dumps which I've tried to combat.
My cholesterol etc is all OK so that's something at least
Anyway, onwards and upwards or should I say downwards, regarding my hba1c! :)

Wow well done

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great results in just three months @Starfish18, no need to feel disappointed at all. Well done you! :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Just to put this into perspective you are a couple of points off of what official dom would call remission.

If you were to put your starting number and current into Excel, the scale of your achievement would be further evident. Looking forward to following your progress.

Terrific results, well done. Took me the better part of 3 years to see significant drops in my hba1c, but then bizarrely my G.P. only tests once a year :banghead: so I had no real idea whether what I was doing was helping, so THREE MONTHS is astonishing, and really shows what can be achieved in remarkably little time ! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be in remission in no time at all :)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Terrific results, well done. Took me the better part of 3 years to see significant drops in my hba1c, but then bizarrely my G.P. only tests once a year :banghead: so I had no real idea whether what I was doing was helping, so THREE MONTHS is astonishing, and really shows what can be achieved in remarkably little time ! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be in remission in no time at all :)
Thank you :). My gp surgery is rubbish I'm getting no support from them whatsoever. I don't even know when I'll be tested again and I have no idea who the diabetic nurse is :shy: so I'm so pleased I found this forum
Good luck with your journey :)