What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, @trick60 and @karen8967 . Well done resisting the spuds, @trick60 .
@karen8967 I hope the numbers come back up soon.

tenor.gif
Thanks saskia now 5.6 x

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...first coffee downed I'll need more didn't finish my paperwork yesterday so have to crack on with that today...rearranged my appointment with the anti-coagulation clinic for next week...woke to a 6.2

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.7 for me today - I opened a new pot of strips yesterday and have been in the 4s ever since. I wonder if it’s these or the old ones that were faulty. Hope these are the accurate ones!
@karen8967 I hope the jelly babies have worked their magic by now.
Hugs to those of you coping with elderly and confused parents, such a worrying time for you, and so scary for them.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.8 first thing at 6:30 am.

Very surprised. Had a heck of a stressful day yesterday. Waterboard works crew to repair drains never turned up. Was very tired watching out for them (with being profoundly deaf, on days when I really don't want to miss someone, I keep guard at the window, very tiring).

Took a bit of effort chasing Waterboard. They promised contractor would call on me before the end of the day as the works were classed as very urgent.

Guess what...no one called.

I knew I was over stressed, so checked my readings, they didn't drop below the 13's all day.

So to get a healthy 8.8 this morning was amazing. I did sleep well last night.

A new day. A new battle ensues...

The claws are out...
Miaow...
>^..^<

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak I’m a big GOT fan too. Sadly Mr C isnt - too late for him as he drives a bin lorry so is up very early. 2 of my daughters are also hooked. I bought us all dragon onesies to wear while watching it at the beginning of this series - we Whatsapp eachother photos at the beginning to show we are ready. I’ll be devastated when it’s finished.
Also hooked on Line of Duty but never got into Walking Dead - all the growly noises irritated me.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. 4.7 for me today - I opened a new pot of strips yesterday and have been in the 4s ever since. I wonder if it’s these or the old ones that were faulty. Hope these are the accurate ones!
@karen8967 I hope the jelly babies have worked their magic by now.
Hugs to those of you coping with elderly and confused parents, such a worrying time for you, and so scary for them.
They have worked there wonder thankyou

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.8 first thing at 6:30 am.

Very surprised. Had a heck of a stressful day yesterday. Waterboard works crew to repair drains never turned up. Was very tired watching out for them (with being profoundly deaf, on days when I really don't want to miss someone, I keep guard at the window, very tiring).

Took a bit of effort chasing Waterboard. They promised contractor would call on me before the end of the day as the works were classed as very urgent.

I knew I was over stressed, so checked my readings, they didn't drop below the 13's all day.

So to get a healthy 8.8 this morning was amazing. I did sleep well last night.

A new day. A new battle ensues...

The claws are out...
Miaow...
>^..^<

Not surprised your bg rose yesterday. How frustrating for you. That would have tried the patience of a saint but as you also have to keep constantly watching it must have been, even worse, what a wasted day. Hope you manage to get it sorted today, are your drains blocked or leaking?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not surprised your bg rose yesterday. How frustrating for you. That would have tried the patience of a saint but as you also have to keep constantly watching it must have been, even worse, what a wasted day. Hope you manage to get it sorted today, are your drains blocked or leaking?
Thanks for asking, drains have collapsed, so consequently blocked...
They are shared drains with my neighbour next door, and consequently I receive all his stinky rubbish....
Shared drains here means it it the Waterboard's responsibility to repair, not the householder's.

Reactions: OrsonKartt and DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. One of those nights again when you wonder if your cramped up legs that woke you so urgently can get you, Boris Karloffesque, down the hall to the bathroom with the same urgency.
Then, as the automated cramp dance music self selects on the Rock-Ola you stagger along the corridor and thoughts of the opening scene to “Happy Days” emerge from the dull interior of your brain, falling back under the quilt, hoping all that rumpus didn’t wake your internal chimp.
Still, up popped the wonder wheel of mystery and imagination as though nothing had happened and greeted the day with a smart and sparkly 5.4.
Have a great day if you can, I’m off to visit Orin Scrivello, my dentist, in a while.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for asking, drains have collapsed, so consequently blocked...
They are shared drains with my neighbour next door, and consequently I receive all his stinky rubbish....
Shared drains here means it it the Waterboard's responsibility to repair, not the householder's.

Oh how horrid! One’s own stinky rubbish is bad enough - but someone else’s! Hope you can get it sorted today.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. Fbs was still 7.2 at 7.30am despite a low carb day yesterday and no supper. I was woken by a phone call from mum's carer at 7am saying mum wouldn't get out of bad as her back was hurting. Adrenalin whizzing after our experience last week end! Told her to give mum her routine medication, a drink and a croissant and I would go up soon to do all the rest. So I reckon stress is definitely contributing to my higher than normal fbs. Happy Tuesday everyone.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
that's good to hear..bet you sleep a little easier now.

not sure for your mum, but docs did say any water infection can cause major confusion.
mum suffered before full diagnosis, and the erratic behaviour was full on, and all out of her control as we find out.
and all caused by a simple water infection.,

so might be a first thought if mum becomes confused again..helped us out a good few times, docs put her straight on antibiotics i think and she came around back to normal pretty quickly..(well as normal ish as was possible at time )

Best wishes & take care of yourself, as well.
no good to anyone if your frazzled.
Good morning and thanks jjraak. Mum was checked for that at the hospital and all tests were clear. The confusion is just down to the Alzheimers which is progressing. Have a good day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
gennepher I think you need to put something in writing now and you are entitled to be compensated for those missed appointments...what a shower of absolute *****...if you didn't pay your water bill they'd be round toute suite!

Reactions: OrsonKartt

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The same here gennepher...we had an issue a couple of weeks ago with a similar problem...rang the water board who came later that afternoon...the problem?...my neighbour and her children use 'flushable' wipes which it turns out are not flushable at all.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late posting....like 4 days late! Holiday abroad eventually got in the way. Last 2 days fbs readings in the 7s. Not seen fbs in 7s since dx. Only feel I've got my head around the 7s enough now to post days later now fbs in a more acceptable zone. Reason? Who knows. Hotel food must take some blame. I tried to make good choices. Too much alcohol (although I stuck only to dry prosecco and red wine, not one cocktail since dx). The alcohol I feel is mainly to blame, it MADE me (with my arm up my back) steal some of hubby's dessert on a couple of occasions. What i would call sample sizes but loaded with sugar at the end of the day.

Anyway, home now. Back to food i know and love. Hoping to experiment more over next few months. I do tend to be very samey.

Home to mountain of paperwork that I'm still working my way through (if i see one more take away menu i will scream, and ive got NO TREES to cut down thanks).

List of jobs to do as long as my arm hence not been able to hop on forum often. Busy couple of weeks ahead too. Such is life. Batteries now fully charged though and ready for action. Bring it on.

Lchf head in place. It works for me.

Waiting to be given some dates from my surgery for me to go in and help. Loved it last time. They gave me my own room. Door left open. Diabetic clinic on. People popped in for a chat. 2 newly diagnosed were brought in by DN. felt i helped. Looking at designing a simple 'low carb worked for me' leaflet. It's in my head, just need to transfer it to paper and see what DN thinks. Patients need to be given the choice.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The same here gennepher...we had an issue a couple of weeks ago with a similar problem...rang the water board who came later that afternoon...the problem?...my neighbour and her children use 'flushable' wipes which it turns out are not flushable at all.

This is a similar issue with the extended family next door.

I live on my own and had problems with shared drains in my previous house. It was my neighbour’s extended family who even put nappies down the toilet. To prove it was them and not me, I put all toilet tissue in doggy bags in the bin. I got in the habit of doing that, so continued it here. Because some recycled toilet paper turns into papier-mâché, and consequently will block the drains, I have had enough of paying for drains to be cleared in the past. Especially when it was not me, and either neighbour at either property did not take responsibility.

I have had a letter off the Waterboard saying there was stuff that shouldn’t be in the drains and I can be fined for it. I assume my neighbour of this shared drain had the same letter.

I replied to Waterboard explaining only the yellow stuff and the brown stuff went down the toilet and there was absolutely nothing else that went down my toilet. I suggested they explore next door....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 this morning 07.45. Accepted.
Am driving to Kent after breakfast to look after my friends dog for the day, will be back tomo morning. My feline girls will be lonely but OH here tonight though its their mum they want. He can just fill up their bowls!
@dogslife I hope your mum settles down at home after the change of routine and your stress levels come down. Hugs.
@karen8967 hope you stay level on your day off.
@gennepher how frustrating for you. These people must be so badly managed but so disrespectful of your circumstances. Hope they come today with red faces, well hope they arrive and do the job. hug.
@dunelm hope the cramps go away. Horrid for you.
Have a great day everyone. Stsy well, stay safe.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning All. 6.0 this morning 07.45. Accepted.
Am driving to Kent after breakfast to look after my friends dog for the day, will be back tomo morning. My feline girls will be lonely but OH here tonight though its their mum they want. He can just fill up their bowls!
@dogslife I hope your mum settles down at home after the change of routine and your stress levels come down. Hugs.
@karen8967 hope you stay level on your day off.
@gennepher how frustrating for you. These people must be so badly managed but so disrespectful of your circumstances. Hope they come today with red faces, well hope they arrive and do the job. hug.
@dunelm hope the cramps go away. Horrid for you.
Have a great day everyone. Stsy well, stay safe.
Thanks, PenguinMum. Enjoy your trip.:)

Reactions: HarryBeau

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. 4.1 on the meter this morning, the lowest number I've ever had. So low that I had to recheck and it gave me a 4.3 so low in any event. Have a good day all.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen

No time today orf on motorbike to Cambridge and back, the route I shall be taking is all cross country and a predicted total distance of 198 miles, which is why I'm glad my blood sugars were 7.2 this morning.

Have a good day folks.