Mod Elections 2019 - Nominations Closed. Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez thanks for the nomiation, Im really chuffed and its much appreciated but I don’t have the techy capability - I only access the forum via my phone app.
I agree with your other nominations though and am happy to second all of them as they have all shown themselves to be well informed and calming voices of reason on the threads I have interacted with.

Reactions: kitedoc and Guzzler
D

Deleted Account

I am a retained employee of DCUK (not full time - just for clarity)
Thanks for your work.
For clarification - you are an administrator and an unelected moderator?
This is not meant as a criticism, purely as an understanding.

Reactions: kitedoc
D

Deleted Account

Thank you for the nominations.
I am humbled.
However, as it is a near full time job moderating myself (and I don't always succeed) and I don't feel I can advocate the full ethos of the forum culture, I will decline.

I would love to see more type 1 representation and to that end I would be honoured if @kitedoc accepted my nomination.
He has decades of experience of diabetes, a scientific mind and, as an Aussie, could keep an eye on the forum whilst the Europeans are sleeping.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and thank you @Debandez for nomination. I’ve given this lots of thought as it’s such an important job and I think that the current moderators do a magnificent job and those being seconded such as @Goonergal will I’m sure be excellent at the job. I’d consider again in future but my caring responsibilities can be erratic so will decline this time round. Good luck to all including the brilliant @Brunneria who is up for re-election and is a superstar thank you too to all the current mods both staying and leaving it must be a difficult task at time thank you very much for all you do on forum

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your work.

I was initially elected a moderator, in the same way as these elections now, but over time that relationship changed and I became a DCUK employee.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez Thank you for the nomination, I feel honoured but I must decline. I am far too easily irritated.

I second the nomination of @kitedoc as a T1 from a different time zone, who is always polite, friendly and helpful.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Apologies, I can't believe no one has nominated @Mel dCP
She is a very knowledgeable and level headed member of the forum with type 1 who would do an amazing job.
Aw, thank you, I’m really flattered ❤️ Unfortunately I’ll have to take myself out of the running, as I wouldn’t be able to dedicate the time needed - I’m going back to uni in a few months to start my paramedic training. And in the meantime I’m doing as much supply teaching as I can get to stash some money for my avocado habit! And I’m still getting told off myself on occasion by our current mod team ;)

We do need good representation of types ones though, I reckon @kitedoc would be great in the role.

Last edited:

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for your work.

The problem is that DCUK is "judged" based on this forum, hence they can't give the community the final say in what is allowed.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thank you for your kind nominations @helensaramay and @Mel dCP ! :):)
I feel undeservedly privileged (and looking at it from another viewpoint is probably the kick in the pants
I need to pull my head in and become completely moderate, unbiased and fair).
So I gratefully accept the challenge and nomination as someone based over in the 'southern pond'.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Thank you @satindoll for the nomination, but gotta echo the words of @Bluetit1802

I'm no longer cut out for those duties as I once might have been. The non conformist in me would never sit well with the role

Reactions: Indy51

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I do wish to thank to thank all the Moderators of the past year for their expertise, time and for putting up with me, in particular.
I wish @Pipp and @Jaylee well in their future endevours and look forward to their giving of their wise posts and input in 'retirement'.

To keep such elections rigorous the more candidates the better I think _
So certainly @Brunneria, @EllieM, @Goonergal, @ringi, and I shall think of others - I do not wish to disparage or insult anyone - and just trying to keep up with the acceptances and declinations as I type this !!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thank you for the nominations.
I am humbled.
However, as it is a near full time job moderating myself (and I don't always succeed) and I don't feel I can advocate the full ethos of the forum culture, I will decline.

I would love to see more type 1 representation and to that end I would be honoured if @kitedoc accepted my nomination.
He has decades of experience of diabetes, a scientific mind and, as an Aussie, could keep an eye on the forum whilst the Europeans are sleeping.

I second @kitedoc, a good nominee. So good luck @kitedoc you could use your kite pics to soothe and calm :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Personally I don’t agree that any particular subgroup needs better representation, but if we’re discriminating then I want more carnivore moderation and therefore nominate @bulkbiker Esquire.

No one that I can see is discriminating at all :wideyed:

Last edited:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I second @kitedoc, a good nominee. So good luck @kitedoc you could use your kite pics to soothe and calm :)
Like this?
IMG_6551.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.