What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen

No time today orf on motorbike to Cambridge and back, the route I shall be taking is all cross country and a predicted total distance of 198 miles, which is why I'm glad my blood sugars were 7.2 this morning.

Have a good day folks.
Enjoy your trip through the countryside and ride carefully,alf_Josiah.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.1 on the meter this morning, the lowest number I've ever had. So low that I had to recheck and it gave me a 4.3 so low in any event. Have a good day all.
@OrsonKartt I am loving your success and enjoyment on this journey. I can see it works for you and others - just leaves me frustrated but I am genuinely pleased for those for whom it works and feels right.
@alf_Josiah Cambridge? any reason or just because? It is all push bikes here not motorcycles. Safe journey and return home.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
5.4 this morning. But better than that is the fact that didn't wake in the night with a migraine.
@dogslife and @jjraak Elderly parents are a continual worry my mother is I'll at the moment and requires frequent help and I was one of the ones drafted in to locate my wandering grandmother on numerous occasions. She was a master escape artist no matter what chains and locks were in place she still managed to go a wandering! She ended up in a secure old folks home.
Take care all
Good morning to you, Bildad. Glad you had a better night and good fbs. Sorry to hear that your mum is poorly and hope that things soon improve for you both.:)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

looking bright so far though the forecast says it will be overcast later. In line with my recently discovered constructively destructive tendencies I may do a bit of bush and hedge clipping at mum's today :)

The stuff outside her gate needs trimming back increasing the viewing distance so we can get out onto the road more safely. The county does the roadside about twice each summer so it's a good thing for us to keep it trimmed back inbetween times.

Got some strimming done yesterday and yes @SaskiaKC it's string trimming :)

I still have a tendency to cut things a bit close on our sloping 'garden' sometimes but I'm definitely improving with the practice ;) and if it was dry enough overnight I'm going to do some raking up this morning before we go to mum's, bacon and veggie soup is already made for lunch to take with us.

After years of working loads of hours and always being too overweight to do much it's a bit of a revelation how much I enjoy all this now I'm retired and a 'bit ' :hilarious: smaller.

Hope your day treats you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

looking bright so far though the forecast says it will be overcast later. In line with my recently discovered constructively destructive tendencies I may do a bit of bush and hedge clipping at mum's today :)

The stuff outside her gate needs trimming back increasing the viewing distance so we can get out onto the road more safely. The county does the roadside about twice each summer so it's a good thing for us to keep it trimmed back inbetween times.

Got some strimming done yesterday and yes @SaskiaKC it's string trimming :)

I still have a tendency to cut things a bit close on our sloping 'garden' sometimes but I'm definitely improving with the practice ;) and if it was dry enough overnight I'm going to do some raking up this morning before we go to mum's, bacon and veggie soup is already made for lunch to take with us.

After years of working loads of hours and always being too overweight to do much it's a bit of a revelation how much I enjoy all this now I'm retired and a 'bit ' :hilarious: smaller.

Hope your day treats you well :)
Your planned day sounds idyllic to me. The time and chance to work outside has definitely been far more effective than diet for me in obtaining even the weak control I have. Enjoy today and I look forward to more gleeful @geefull garden days.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I replied to Waterboard explaining only the yellow stuff and the brown stuff went down the toilet and there was absolutely nothing else that went down my toilet. I suggested they explore next door....
Good gennepher absolutely the right thing to do...when the water board arrived my neighbour did admit using the 'flushable' wipes...the engineer advised against them explaining if it happens again she could be charged for their attendance...I have great neighbours & she was horrified that these things are not flushable.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
@OrsonKartt I am loving your success and enjoyment on this journey. I can see it works for you and others - just leaves me frustrated but I am genuinely pleased for those for whom it works and feels right.
@alf_Josiah Cambridge? any reason or just because? It is all push bikes here not motorcycles. Safe journey and return home.
Thanks Ian, I do think its a suck it and see situation, or in other words there may be some guidelines one can try but work out what works for you personally. I must confesss to being almost obsessional about testing and figuring stuff out and often confused when things that start off working stop for no apparent reason. Its been 3 years now and Its only in the last couple of months that I have felt in any way as if I had some control of this thing and I am in no doubt that this may well be another thing which shifts as time goes on . This is why its such a good thing to be able to share the info.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi PM

Ankle is just about fine now thanks and Wispa walking has recommenced

How are thinks with you?
I am good except I have eye damage and soon start a course of injections. BUT it is necessary and will stop the progression. Worst bit will be finding lifts to/from hospital 30 min journey. I am in Kent today (Greater London really) dog sitting my friends 17 year old Westie. We have just come back from a stroll and saw a 14 week old miniature Daschund. She was golden rather than brown or do they start off that colour? Honestly I know nothing about breeds. Glad you are back Wispa walking.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@geefull , thanks for explaining about the strimming. :)

I used to help my dad with the yard work at our house. Over the years I got promoted from helping to rake leaves and do edge-trimming, holding the ladder while he trimmed back the hedges with hedge shears, to being the one on the ladder doing the trimming, to taking a turn with the lawn mower. Good days. :)

6.3 this morning, good start to this sunny and cool (16 degrees) Tuesday morning.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian, I do think its a suck it and see situation, or in other words there may be some guidelines one can try but work out what works for you personally. I must confesss to being almost obsessional about testing and figuring stuff out and often confused when things that start off working stop for no apparent reason. Its been 3 years now and Its only in the last couple of months that I have felt in any way as if I had some control of this thing and I am in no doubt that this may well be another thing which shifts as time goes on . This is why its such a good thing to be able to share the info.
I totally agree about what works for each individual. 4 years ago I would have been amazed if someone had told me I would see body composition stats such as mine today and would have snapped off their hands if offered them. I would not have been so keen had I been told I would feel listless/weak at least 30% of the time or find not eating preferable to having LC food I dislike or find unsatiating. The latter issues have really come about in year 3-4. I would really appreciate hearing from someone else who had "hit the wall" so to speak and successfully come out happy the other side. I am carrying on but it is all a bit grim right now hence the marathon "wall" analogy.

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I am good except I have eye damage and soon start a course of injections. BUT it is necessary and will stop the progression. Worst bit will be finding lifts to/from hospital 30 min journey. I am in Kent today (Greater London really) dog sitting my friends 17 year old Westie. We have just come back from a stroll and saw a 14 week old miniature Daschund. She was golden rather than brown or do they start off that colour? Honestly I know nothing about breeds. Glad you are back Wispa walking.

I’m sorry about your eye damage bless you

Think you can get golden coloured sausage dogs as well as chocolate, Black and Tan, silver dapple etc
Smooth haired wire haired and long haired

PM take care of yourself

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good evening a 6.2 this morning. I was so busy complaining about going to see Avengers end game that I forgot to post. Good news is that the blood taker outerer managed to get the requisite stuff out yesterday. The usual malarkey finding a vein. Although excitement as it was in a new place I’m just obsessionally logging into my gp records for my results.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I totally agree about what works for each individual. 4 years ago I would have been amazed if someone had told me I would see body composition stats such as mine today and would have snapped off their hands if offered them. I would not have been so keen had I been told I would feel listless/weak at least 30% of the time or find not eating preferable to having LC food I dislike or find unsatiating. The latter issues have really come about in year 3-4. I would really appreciate hearing from someone else who had "hit the wall" so to speak and successfully come out happy the other side. I am carrying on but it is all a bit grim right now hence the marathon "wall" analogy.
Sorry to hear that Ian,

Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening a 6.2 this morning. I was so busy complaining about going to see Avengers end game that I forgot to post. Good news is that the blood taker outerer managed to get the requisite stuff out yesterday. The usual malarkey finding a vein. Although excitement as it was in a new place I’m just obsessionally logging into my gp records for my results.
Good luck Goacher. Have got everything crossed for you.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

You just made me smile. The blood taker outerer sounds like something my dad would've said (and so I might've too). Glad they finally found a vein and got it to work! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I guess I have hit a sort of wall. I sometimes find not eating preferable to having LC food I dislike. For some reason since starting this diabetes diet I have almost completely lost my taste for vegetables, even ones I like. It is partly due to the Meals on Wheels vegetables - they are free but prepared with so many seasonings and flavorings that I can't even taste the actual vegetable. But even regular vegetables that I prepare myself. I just have no taste at all for them anymore.

I'm hoping this is just a wall and I will soon find a way over, under, through, or around it. 'Til then -- V8!

showfile.ashx

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
5.8 - pretty good. All these ups and downs - and for reasons far too complex for our simple lifestyles - I have just taken an olive oil choccy cake out of the oven - best blow on it a bit before doing a “chefy taste test”.

Did you give the recipe for that and I missed it?