Mod Elections 2019 - Nominations Closed. Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words & wishes.. It's been a blast! :cool:

However, could we keep the thread to the topic of nominating candidates...

Thank you!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words & wishes.. It's been a blast! :cool:

However, could we keep the thread to the topic of nominating candidates...

Thank you!

Just did :)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not nominating (sorry mods delete if inappropriate)
It's worth keeping in mind moderating is about a persons ability to remain calm, level headed and impartial and less about experience, knowledge, how long and what type of diabetes they may have and their length of time on the forum. So nobody should rule themselves out just because they still feel they are learning - we are all still learning :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there a definition of what moderators do?

Hi Helen,

You know how you go for a trip out in a picturesque village & it won some sort of "Britain in bloom award?" There's not so much as a chewing gum wrapper on the pavement. Of course the residents have a pride in their environment. But look closer. You might see the odd guy in a high viz jacket with a litter picker too...

Back on topic. When's the last time you've seen any spam, or "snake oil" on the forum. Or possibly a thread rattling on with "bad blood" flowing twixt members. :)

Hope this helps..:cool:

Reactions: jjraak

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks @Robinredbreast and @Lovinlife for suggesting me, it's very nice of you, but I have to decline. I don't have the tech skills, and I go through periods from time to time when I just can't be bothered about anything. :meh:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
As @Mel dCP has, literally, something better to do (I can’t argue with training to become a paramedic) can I nominate @Knikki as a guy with a wonderful pragmatic approach to managing his type 1 diabetes honed over a fair number of years?
You can nominate any member Helen. I’ll add him to the list.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Helen,

You know how you go for a trip out in a picturesque village & it won some sort of "Britain in bloom award?" There's not so much as a chewing gum wrapper on the pavement. Of course the residents have a pride in their environment. But look closer. You might see the odd guy in a high viz jacket with a litter picker too...

Back on topic. When's the last time you've seen any spam, or "snake oil" on the forum. Or possibly a thread rattling on with "bad blood" flowing twixt members. :)

Hope this helps..:cool:

It's like most things isn't it, you may not notice what a person does when they're successful in doing it but you don't half notice when they stop!

Reactions: DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. A bit late on the parade -- as always.

Thanks @Debandez for the nomination -- I am actually blushing a bit, so really appreciate it.

Those of you who know me, will also be aware of how crazy work can be for me. So, until I retire, I will probably have to decline. However, I still very much appreciate the thought.

I second (or third, or fourth) the nominations of @Goonergal, @Brunneria, @kitedoc, @Antje77 and @lucylocket61. All supportive and knowledgeable forum members and I think all would make great moderators.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm not. Or maybe I am, but I chose not to disclose what's in my pants on my profile for a reason. Happy with whathever pronoun you choose though :)

No matter, I'm happy to endorse your nomination. Your mission if you choose to take it.....

Reactions: kitedoc and michita
Status
Not open for further replies.