Fasting blood sugar

padulica

Hi,
I have been doing blood sugar diet for 3 months and just gone on to a low carb diet now. Last night I had a meal from the BSD book at 7.15, an hour afterwards my BS was 7.2. At 11pm prior to bed my BS was 6.1, this morning it was still 6.1 . I got up and took the dog for a walk without anything to eat, as I am doing IF and tested again on return and my BS was 5.6.. Has anybody got any thoughts ? Thank you

KookieMunchster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Religious & Political Fanaticism, that sneeze that just won't happen, creepy ventriloquist dolls and oompaloompas.
Hi!
Well I'm sure there will be more experienced people who will join this thread to give you some great advice. I have had my diagnosis since Feb so still figuring it all out myself and like you I've done the BSD though kind of veered off a bit in my own direction some. I do find that exercise helps to reduce your BG levels sometimes quite significantly. I believe that it certainly helps with metabolism and being more active combined with a suitable diet plan for T2/Prediabetes is certainly a good step in the right direction,

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @padulica

Did you take a reading before your meal, and again 2 hours after first bite? They are important readings if you wish to know if that meal was a good option for you.

padulica

Thank you for your reply. My blood sugar was 6.1 2 hrs after the evening meal which is ok. I am finding it really difficult as I have lost 11lbs in weight . I go to gym twice a week, play badminton at a club twice a walk , have stated doing c25k again since the lighter evenings have come( which I completed successfully last year but winter made it difficult for running si have done a refresher. ) I see people on the forum getting their a1c down to 35...which it looks like I will never dream of that level despite trying so hard.☹️

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your first mistake is to compare yourself with others. Every one of us is different. We have different levels of insulin resistance, different degrees of pancreatic damage, different metabolisms, different medications, different health issues not diabetes related.

It would help enormously if you could complete your profile settings to show which type of diabetes you have, and which meds (if any) you are taking. Your type of diabetes will then show under your avatar. This may help with appropriate responses.

Are you aware of the dawn phenomenon? There are hundreds of threads about it on these forums. Is it your fasting number that concerns you? This is normally the very last number to come down and is dependent on how much insulin resistance you have. The more insulin resistant you are, the higher your FBG will be and the longer it will last before returning to your usual base level. It can also be dependent on your sleep patterns - restless night, bad dreams, plus anxiety and stress.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could you tell me how to do that please ?

Go to your profile page and look for personal details. There you will see options to pick type of diabetes, treatment type, and medications. You can find your profile settings by clicking on your user name (top right). Does that help?