Urine problem?

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
I have a problem with after I have been to the loo I constantly find that I have an intense burning sensation around and in that area. I emphasize that it is AFTER I have urinated. I have upped the amount of fluids that I have as I know that I am inclined to go the whole day with about 1 glass of water and 3 mugs of tea and now at least 3 glasses of water 3 mugs of tea, a glass of half water and half cranberry juice and a glass of water with an effervescent Vit C in it.
Am still getting the same problem and have to wash afterwards. I use one of those place on the toilet seat plastic beedays (spelling?) and just bathe gentle to soothe the area as I know that too much can destroy good bacteria and cause more problems.

Wolud appreciate your input..... :?

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Best go to your GP with this one, Foxglove; it may or may not be something to do with diabetes.

The usual recommendation is for 2 litres of water a day; I have a 2 litre jug which I fill every morning and make sure I have emptied by bedtime. This will dilute your urine so it shouldn't burn as much, and maybe give you a bit of relief while you wait to see the doc.

Viv 8)

evilcat

It sounds like it could be cystitis - very painful, you have my sympathy! Cranberry juice should help but you can buy over the counter treatments from all chemists ( I think they sell them in Tesco too!) I've taken them in the past (pre-diagnosis) and the symptoms are normally gone within a day or so.

I'm not sure if you're on meds, but if you do buy one of the pills over the counter, best to check for any potential reactions.

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
Not actually cystitis..have had that years ago so know the symptoms.
This is just a burning AFTER which subsides when washed but continues all the time.

Jenfy

I got that when I had thrush, and definitely the burning was after urination not during. Once the thrush had been treated the burning stopped, so may be it's that???

Eiche

Dislikes
Not being able to satisfy my craving for chocolate LOL
It sounds a bit like thrush. Try using yogurt. It has to be plain, sugarless, with no fruit, no color, or any other additives and has to have 'live and active cultures', or a similar note, on the container. The active cultures in the yogurt is called 'Lactobacillus acidophilus', a friendly bacteria. It also exists naturally in our bodies. This bacteria helps to keep the fungi from overgrowing, and so helping to prevent thrush. another way to use yogurt to help cure vaginal thrush is to apply it directly to the affected area, i.e. labia, vulva etc. Internally, the best way is to soak a tampon in the yogurt then leave in overnight. Repeat this process daily until your thrush symptoms go away. Eating the yogurt is also beneficial for longer term health. It helps build-up the numbers of good bacteria in your gut and so can fight and limit the bad bacteria. It really does work wonders!!! :)

Unbeliever

Just a little warning. Eiche is right -yogurt can be very effective but some people are allergic to used in this way. It might be advisable to try it externally first.

CMichael

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It does indeed sound like thrush - miserable it can be too. Or it could be an irritation caused by washing powder or bath stuff or something you're sensitive to or have recently become sensitive to, which can happen. I would go and see your GP though as thrush can be a symptom of high blood glucose so best to rule that out. A doctor can do tests that will suggest the best treatment.