I-port Advance

Libby3781

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I hope you’re all well?

I’m after some advice if possible. I’m considering purchasing this device I-port advance.

So firstly, I’m trying to find out if anybody uses them? If so, what advice,hints and tips would you give?

Thanks in advi

Attachments

• 91A7D824-28FF-4289-BD50-C71FD17B3B0E.jpeg
    91A7D824-28FF-4289-BD50-C71FD17B3B0E.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 464
Reactions: NaijaChick

Libby3781

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my appointment with the DN today, and I have to say it was very positive regarding the I - Port.

She said she would do her very best to try and secure it on prescription for me. So you can’t asked for anymore than that.

I have started using the sample pack I ordered, and injecting via the port has made an amazing difference immediately.

Normally, my blood glucose levels fluctuate considerably during the day. Well today they have been in single figures all day .

Myself & my mum have come to the conclusion that I may not have been having my full dose of insulin when administering it via the TickleFlex.

Whereas, the i - Port is designed to make sure you receive the full amount. So hopefully, that will be another reason for securing it on prescription.

My DN has also increased the number of times I’ll be injecting daily, so obviously that is another factor in justifying having it. She also made a point in saying to me I do inject more than twice a day so that should help my argument.

So I will keep you all posted with developments regarding the i-Port.

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am also interested in this but can’t afford it. Weird that you mentioned the tickleflex because I don’t think that I am getting the full dose with it too so may have to start injecting without it . Someone suggested a thin butterfly cannula too but will speak to DNS and see if I can get some help.