I've been having a few hypos recently...

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all.

I have unfortunately been having some hypos..quite a few recently. Why is this? I know that some this week were probably from the hot temperatures

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also, I got sensor error 3 times at like around 2 pm I believe on my Freestyle libre

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And yes, I am back on diabetes.co.uk forum...

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, There could be a number of factors, such as do you carb count? did you over calculated your insulin for the carbs you are eating? As you said, could be the hot weather and have you been more active than usual? Have you learned how to adjust insulin for your foods, activities/exercises etc? you could be insulin sensitive?

I'd like to add have you discussed this with your DSN for advice?

Last edited:
Reactions: Oscar Hodson
D

Deleted Account

It is difficult to know why you are having hypos. As @MeiChanski explains, there are numerous reasons why they may be occurring.

I just want to check - you mention you have the Libre. Are you checking your hypos on with finger pricks. The reason I ask is that there are scenarios where the Libre can falsely report low readings such as when you apply pressure to the sensor which may happen when you are asleep. For this reason, I never trust hypos readings on my Libre.

Reactions: Oscar Hodson