Type 1'stars R Us

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jazz97 basically no. Used to worry when I was first diagnosed, now don’t even look. They just float up the pen.
Ok, thanks
It's not always moving to the top, but I guess the fact that it isn't coming out when I try to get it out means it's less likely to go into my body

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 great news, hope it stays that way

@Mel dCP dear god I don't know how you stand it - respect! I'd like to think that as a paramedic you'll leave such sh***y treatment from people behind you but I'm guessing that won't be the case with all of them :arghh:

@slip yep, they're pricey, haven't ever regretted paying it though.

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wellies - I think I got my last set from either toolstation or screwfix. Steel sole + toecaps, which was probably overkill. I did like my old Dunlop ones with the steel sole - comfortable when on sharp rocks.

Wellies are the footwear of choice for caving. You've got your high tech lithium battery LED light, harnesses and rope climbing/descending devices made of high grade aluminium, modern fleecy undersuits and abrasion-resistant oversuits, and for your extremities, a pair of wellies and marigold gloves.

When I visit Norway to go skiing, there's some hut wellies (outside toilet at the end of the garden). The older fleecy lined ones are still going, the newer posher set with the thick lining have the lining coming loose, so they're rather more difficult to put on than they should be.

We also get to wear them if there's too much water around.

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You'd have only got evens on less than an hour!

Mind you, I see the thread's now turned to discussing wellies - an important consideration for getting good traction in a muddy field next to a cliff edge - maybe the clip was seen by a few after all...

Reactions: porl69

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wore a pair of odd DMs when I got married last year certainly generated a lot of pictures :hilarious:

md02zq.jpg
Oh wow! They're looking snazzy! If the bride gets to go all out in a dress, then why not grab some attention from your shoes!

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agh! As if my day weren't going bad enough, my blood sugar has just hit 20.1. So what do we reckon? A correction dose now or a little more with dinner?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Agh! As if my day weren't going bad enough, my blood sugar has just hit 20.1. So what do we reckon? A correction dose now or a little more with dinner?
How long until dinner?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
So you’ll be dosing in about 30 mins usually? At 20 I’d probably pop it all in now anyway. - you’ll be a bit insulin resit right now.

Reactions: WuTwo and porl69

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So you’ll be dosing in about 30 mins usually? At 20 I’d probably pop it all in now anyway. - you’ll be a bit insulin resit right now.
Ok, thank you
Thinking it over again, might give myself just a few units now and my normal dosage later. Tea might be a bit later than I originally though. Have got to sort myself out tomorrow

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
On the wellies, (sounds like a new name for a gross field-based drink) I had a pair of Dunlop wellies that lasted from 1979 to 2005 - yes, I know, I only used them for gardening in heavy clay soil but I was impressed. They don’t make them like that any more. My current ones were a couple of £ from Lidl and have lasted 4 years. My sister bought me a decorated pair from a farm shop near her in zomerzet but mice like the decor and made nests in the toes. They chewed them up . Younger daughter has a fab pair of waterproof fur lined boots she bought on eBay.

Reactions: kitedoc

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't wear wellies very often. The pair I do have are hand me downs from my cousin who is 8 years younger than me... and they're still a size too big!
For reference, I got these wellies from him quite a few years ago... hes only just 14...

Reactions: kitedoc

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Lousy day for readings all double figures yet I feel ok