Record book

misty65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Im struggling to write in my record book,due to disability with my hands.Is there an app i could use for this on my pc.I am based in the UK.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Im struggling to write in my record book,due to disability with my hands.Is there an app i could use for this on my pc.I am based in the UK.

It could be helpful to outline what you want to record - just carbs and insulin doses, or more than that?

That might help folks hep you.

Reactions: Kittycat_7_

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If it's your BM'S you can connect your blood meter to your PC and you only need to download the software for it to your PC and that way you won't need to write anything down and you will be able to just link your blood meter to your PC and when you go to see the doctor you can download the information and that is it

misty65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a accu chek mobile,this does not connect to pc.Due to arthritis and trapped nerves in hands,writting is difficult for me.I have asked about the freestyle libra,but in told its for T1,and its too costly for T2.

misty65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been told by a diabetes nurse,the way to stop me getting lows,is too lower my insulin.Surely if i do that without testing my sugars ,this would make me worst.I cannot make anyone understand that im unable to take my sugars due to trapped nerves,that why i need to use the freestyle libre.I cannot have it,as its only limited to T1.My question is,how do i take my readings without taking my sugars.Yet i can buy it online without a problem.Except im an oap,and cannot afford it.

bobcurly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been told by a diabetes nurse,the way to stop me getting lows,is too lower my insulin.Surely if i do that without testing my sugars ,this would make me worst.I cannot make anyone understand that im unable to take my sugars due to trapped nerves,that why i need to use the freestyle libre.I cannot have it,as its only limited to T1.My question is,how do i take my readings without taking my sugars.Yet i can buy it online without a problem.Except im an oap,and cannot afford it.
So are you saying you can't test at all as your hands are so affected or you can't write down the result? There are some other meters that Bluetooth to a smartphone if you can do the test: gone test lite smart and wavesense jazz do one

misty65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Im not able to test at all now.I can only use a landline,and have a pc.I have been told by a diabetes nurse to lower my insulin,without knowing what my sugars are.I was shocked to be told that.The freestyle libre would be perfect for me,but im told its too expensive on the NHS.And i only get a state pension.

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just bought an Accuchek Mobile and was offered a free bluetooth adaptor when I registered it. It arrived yesterday along with a free carry bag - and works perfectly. You don't have to write anything in the mySugr app it syncs to. But if you can't use your hands at all and can't test I am not sure what else to suggest other than asking someone to help you test.

misty65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Im assuming you have a mobile/,not sure what bluetooth is.As i have said i dont use a mobile,apart from haing trapped nerves in my hands,im crippled with arthritis.And i live alone.Am still trying to get the freestyle libre,but was looking for something i could put my sugars into my pc.Thankyou

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Misty65, most modern PCs have Bluetooth built in these days, not just mobile phones. So it is possible to connect a meter to a PC by Bluetooth, which is a special type of wireless connection. But it seems you have trouble using the meter so someone would need to help you test as well. Are there no family or friends who could help set up something for you? hopefully the Freestyle Libre will become available for your soon, I can see that that would be very helpful when you are needing to adjust insulin.

misty65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have checked my meter,there is no way toconect to pc.It is old,i have asked for an up to date one,but cannot get it on NHS.
I am alone,so no one to help me.thankyou