Type 2 Gabapentin

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Been taking this for 2 half years for nerve damage no longer available on repeat prescription controlled drug now loads of dangerous side effects anyone aware of alternative Thanks

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'm on gabapentin, I take for chronic pain. Something like amytripaline might help it's an anti-depressant however works for pain.
I still get, however I worry as now it's a controlled drug.
Good luck

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is still available on repeat prescription. I have to get mine monthly now instead of every two months. Give your Practice a ring, they'll clarify for you.

bladey82

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have pregablin. Amytriptiline didnt work for me. I top it up with codydromol as i cant have codiene

Steveg1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi have you tried cbd oil some people say it works for the pain

DianaMC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This med website lists some alternatives to medication, if you scroll a bit beyond half way down: https://medshadow.org/treating-neur...-are-a-pain-and-some-alternatives-for-relief/

I have had acupuncture for gout pain in the foot (which is agony) and it did help. Also had it for frozen shoulder which has a hair-trigger type sharp pain problem. It gave fast, immediate relief that lasted from 3 days to a week. Acupressure is a related therapy that people can sometimes perform themselves - try googling G-Jo pressure points. Alternatively, a lady called Akua has a sheet on them that she may be willing to email if you ask via the contact link on her site http://www.sacredwomentemple.org/

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have gabapentin and on repeat prescription.
As it's now classed a controlled drug, it now can only be a months supply at a time. Also I have to sign for it