Mod Elections 2019 - Nominations Closed. Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quick question re nominations: how many spots are actually open? (There are several people already nominated who I'd be happy to vote for in front of me.) Also, I'm on these boards most days but I do have the odd fortnight when I'm not online, what's the actual commitment for a moderator?

Edited as I seem to have caused confusion:

We have Brunneria standing for re-election, plus, really just the two retirees need to be replaced, although it there was a tie for one of those new slots we could cope with three new Mods. That puts the team back to current/recent states.

Should Brunneria's re-election be unsuccessful we would still look to re-establish our current status quo.

Everyone has holidays and sometimes other absences. We don't do shifts or anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: ringi and Rachox

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks very much for the nomination, I appreciate it. However, I will decline on this occasion.

Thanks for letting everyone know Dark Horse. I'll amend your entry in the original post accordingly.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another nomination from a secret admirer, @jjraak

@jjraak - If you could please give this some consideration, I'd be grateful.

Have given considered thoughts to this.

Like the idea of giving back to a great forum.
and grateful some one should think me worthy.

i do however decline the chance.

if i'm honest i'm still coming to terms with some of the mental side of T2D
(stress and how i deal with it, seem to be more of an issue then i expected, certainly handle it less well, then i did before DX) so for that reason i am out.

the field as it stands has rather a good quality about it, going to be hard to pick and choose, from so many good candidates.

Good luck all.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have given considered thoughts to this.

Like the idea of giving back to a great forum.
and grateful some one should think me worthy.

i do however decline the chance.

if i'm honest i'm still coming to terms with some of the mental side of T2D
(stress and how i deal with it, seem to be more of an issue then i expected, certainly handle it less well, then i did before DX) so for that reason i am out.

the field as it stands has rather a good quality about it, going to be hard to pick and choose, from so many good candidates.

Good luck all.

Thanks for thinking about it and letting us know.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And another two nominated from afar, @Caeseji and @KK123

@Caeseji and @KK123 - Could you please give it your consideration and let us know please?

I appreciate this is relaatively late in the day, but nominations and acceptances close at midnight tomorrow night. I'm not mentioning that to apply pressure, but just to ensure you understand the backstops in play.

Thank both. :)

Reactions: Antje77 and jjraak

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And another two nominated from afar, @Caeseji and @KK123

@Caeseji and @KK123 - Could you please give it your consideration and let us know please?

I appreciate this is relaatively late in the day, but nominations and acceptances close at midnight tomorrow night. I'm not mentioning that to apply pressure, but just to ensure you understand the backstops in play.

Thank both. :)

Hi there, I am truly flabbergasted! I have no idea who nominated me but I truly appreciate it. I will however decline, there are SO many good people to choose from already and it is going to be difficult to pick one! Many, many thanks. x

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
@DCUKMod

Sorry, for the late reply but after due consideration I think that T1s are currently well represented so I decline the nomination for this year. (I don't rule it out for later years assuming I'm still active on the forums, as if nothing else I could pick up some of the 3am spam :)). Congrats and thanks to the current and retiring moderators and it looks like you've got some excellent choices for new moderators.

Reactions: Antje77

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, I am truly flabbergasted! I have no idea who nominated me but I truly appreciate it. I will however decline, there are SO many good people to choose from already and it is going to be difficult to pick one! Many, many thanks. x

Thanks for lettign us know. I'll amend the OP accordingly.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod

Sorry, for the late reply but after due consideration I think that T1s are currently well represented so I decline the nomination for this year. (I don't rule it out for later years assuming I'm still active on the forums, as if nothing else I could pick up some of the 3am spam :)). Congrats and thanks to the current and retiring moderators and it looks like you've got some excellent choices for new moderators.
Thanks for letting us know EllieM. I'll amend the OP shortly.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
A big thanks for those who nominated me

On this occasion I do not wish to be considered

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A big thanks for those who nominated me

On this occasion I do not wish to be considered

Thanks for getting back to us Cumberland.

The list is amended.

Best wishes!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have amended my post #145 for further clarification.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another bump incase any one hasn’t seen this post.
Nominations close at midnight tonight (UK time), so you have only a few more hours to make your nominations :)

24E67C50-B5CE-49C7-AF95-296DBBAE9D59.jpeg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi @MeiChanski, that’s very flattering, thank you. I think I’ve got too much on though to do the role justice.

Reactions: Antje77

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could I nominate our dear friend, @Fairygodmother please? I don't know if she wanted to be nominated, apologies in advance.
Hi @MeiChanski, that’s very flattering, thank you. I think I’ve got too much on though to do the role justice.
Thank you for the nomination @MeiChanski and thank you @Fairygodmother for your consideration. Although you have declined I will update the OP to show a record of this declined nomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.