Pump
Reactions: michita

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well there is one thing for sure. That incompetent and unpleasant personage couldn't do his job without him having to inject insulin.

I am not T1 and do not take any meds, but I am in total awe of Theresa May working as hard as she does in such stressful circumstances and having to cope with T1.

What a nasty specimen he is showing himself to be.

Last edited:

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
There are a multitude of ways to criticise the P.M. but this scrapes the barrel. I have no idea how she copes with the stress (having a Libre to point out the impact of such stress isn’t much use if the stress increases day by day).

Ignoring the politics, the obvious answer would be to reduce the source of stress and change job, but she said she won’t do that until Brexit is (magically) resolved.

It’d be interesting to see if the US will ever elect a president with any form of diabetes, given their reliance on annual health checks and Trumpy’s “perfect” health and bigly intelligence.

Reactions: Guzzler and michita

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Put it this way, he would NEVER say the same thing about anyone else with a disability, would he speak the same way about somebody in a wheelchair, or of limited physical ability or on treatment for high blood pressure! There must be countless MPs with a myriad of conditions getting on with it (well even if they're not getting on with it that's nothing to do with their health!!).

Reactions: Guzzler and michita

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
He should be taken to task over this. He can't be allowed to get away with it.

Reactions: Gemma2

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Good grief what a miserable specimen of a human he must be. Faces a set-back and reacts with personal insults - that says all anyone will ever need to know about the man!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fascinating, bit of discrimination & punching below the belt...

I wonder where he got the idea from..
Possibly this fictional consultant & chief of Earth's defence..?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it is very easy to judge another person because he doesn't have a health condition like diabetes. I find it extremely rude if anyone comments on my hypos etc because a hypo can impair performance and it's not our fault. I've been compared to other students when I was behind on my alevels due to hypos and feeling unwell. The teacher was lucky I didn't say anything back.

I applaud the PM for managing her diabetes and just doing her job.

Reactions: michita

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just for balance he is stating in a sky news interview that he never said this and the claims he did are part of a smear campaign against him to support the leak allegations.

Reading this thread whether he is guilty or not of any of the allegations against him it seems that he is being viewed publicly in a very negative light so IF it is a smear campaign, it’s working.

Personally I have no idea what to make of any of it other than I’m sure we’re not hearing the full story and whatever you think of her leadership and politics it can’t be an easy job to manage and simultaneously cope with type 1 diabetes.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Here's the thing: you may not like Theresa May, or the way she runs things, but for sheer toughness and temerity, she's hard to beat. The brickbats and backstabbings she's endured (deserved or not) would have ended Julius Caesar and Margaret Thatcher alike. I'm not altogether sure I like a Pinata Prime-minister, but by God, she's tough. Attacking her on the grounds of her type one DB is contemptible, and demonstrably fallacious.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just for balance he is stating in a sky news interview that he never said this and the claims he did are part of a smear campaign against him to support the leak allegations.

Reading this thread whether he is guilty or not of any of the allegations against him it seems that he is being viewed publicly in a very negative light so IF it is a smear campaign, it’s working.

Personally I have no idea what to make of any of it other than I’m sure we’re not hearing the full story and whatever you think of her leadership and politics it can’t be an easy job to manage and simultaneously cope with type 1 diabetes.

Odd you say that. Just been discussing this topic with my wife & a thought suddenly occurred to me..
A "double edged" smear campaign? (With a "patsy" if it fails.) Put the words in his mouth & let it roll...
There's some dirty tricks with politics...

Reactions: Fairygodmother

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m not into politics. I just admire her for doing her job while having type 1. How does she cope with all those super stressful meetings sometimes with meal. She became our PM right after I was diagnosed and having a really bad time. I remember reading about her being T1 and that really boosted me.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Sky also have a report which is suggesting she smeared him with the suggestion he said it.
Doubt we’ll ever know the truth.

Diakat for PM - manifesto of free FSL for all who request it and all eating establishments to have Keto options. To pay for this we will stop purchasing statins (probably costs more than that so I might be a bad PM after all)

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh gaawwwdddd! It's the Daily Fail. I can't even click on the link, it makes me nauseous.

Reactions: Prem51

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Even a rag like The Daily Mail feels it has to use the word ‘allegedly’ about this accusation. If it’s not true, and it may well not be, then it’s the tabloid that thinks it’s a broadsheet that deserves our ire. It’s just sowing the seeds of discrimination. How very dare it!
I reckon anyway that the whole situation is actually a bit of drama to distract us from the threat to security ‘allegedly’ posed by Huawei. Did I need to say allegedly? Sickened by the playground gang games played by major governments.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whatever anyone thinks about the PM like her or not does not matter when it comes to diabetes. I do not do politics but I do admire her for doing what is an extremely high stress job. When she was first elected some here said she would never be able to cope with the job because of her T1 well I think she has proved that wrong and is one tough lady who is not letting her diabetes stop her from doing anything. The sacked minister should be ashamed of himself using her diabetes to throw mud about her

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
It's the worst job on the planet. You go on looking young and then the job is written all over your face. Her health must have suffered under the onslaught, but I believe her diabetes management is probably second to none.

Reactions: Gemma2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@NicoleC1971

Is it actually true though ? :rolleyes: I personally hope the person in question hasn't said this, it's two faced and back stabbing, plant the seed and let it grow :wideyed: It's amazing how truth is suffocated in minutes, but lies are given sufficient air to breathe indefinitely.
To answer your question, no I wouldn't want to work in politics, especially being a PM with type 1.