Colieac disease

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have both diabetes and coeliac disease..been trying my best and been good with coping with my gluten. But today I ate a whole cereal bar which I bought from the free from aisle. Im feeling shattered and not hungry and sleepy..should I expect to feel worse in the morning? And when will it flush out of my system?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have both diabetes and coeliac disease..been trying my best and been good with coping with my gluten. But today I ate a whole cereal bar which I bought from the free from aisle.
If it was in the free from section and was gluten-free its shouldn't matter (with regards to your coeliac) if that's why you think you're not feeling well. Or was it just more than you would normally eat? Or did you not take any/enough insulin for it? Or was it not gluten-free?

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Rokaab. No it dint say gluten free. Every item that doesn't contain days so doesn't it?this is the first one I've come across...containing oats

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Rokaab. No it dint say gluten free. Every item that doesn't contain days so doesn't it?this is the first one I've come across...containing oats

Hi I have Coeliac and if the said item was in the free from aisle and it didn't state it was gluten free, I would take it to customers services and alert them that it doesn't say gluten free or free from and shouldn't be in that section. It is not nice feeling so ill.

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
It could be gluten free even with oats used but since oats have their own gluten that the body can react to it can for some great gf oats as if they are not gf unfortunately.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's also worth noting that not everything in the Free From section is free from gluten. In all our major supermarkets in our town, the Free From area includes Free From: gluten, dairy, eggs, animal produce, and probably other things I can't recall off the top of my head.

The only things I go there for are GF Soy Sauce and GF Worcestershire Sauce. I eat a wide and varied diet, but all foods are naturally GF, as opposed to being reformulated to swap in other ingredients.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dearbhla