What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t tempt me. I have some good sherry hiding somewhere....

>^..^<
And when said sherry bottle is empty, take it by the neck and SMASH HELL OUT OF YOUR IPHONE :) only joking. Please dont. Use a rolling pin. Less messy!!!

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 08.30 slept like a log after the sea air.
OH and son playing golf today so will potter in the garden and catch up on tv recorded.
@HarrisonK the nightmare will be the pigeons snacking on your new lawn. Snap.
@Debandez good luck with all we are in the same boat. Do you have to go out for an hour everytime you have a viewing? At first I thought it would be a pain but now I like not seeing buyers because it is actually less stressful. It is always having a tidy house and cushions plumped etc. Lol.
Have a good BH Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 6.2 but it was so late I am ok with that.
Hello @SaskiaKC
Thanks for explaining about the Derby. I can well understand how that call by the judges ruined the result for you. It doesnt seem fair does it? I dont mind flat racing but am not a fan of jump racing. I can never watch the Grand National because I fear for the safety of the horses. Those fences are so ridiculously high. I do enjoy the Cheltenham Gold Cup if I am around and its the only race I have been known to have a flutter on.
Of course with your background with horses you understand the issues only too well. For me anything cruel to any animal or creature doesnt work.
Hope you and the KC have a good Monday. Best wishes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OH and son playing golf today so will potter in the garden and catch up on tv recorded.
@Debandez good luck with all we are in the same boat. Do you have to go out for an hour everytime you have a viewing? At first I thought it would be a pain but now I like not seeing buyers because it is actually less stressful. It is always having a tidy house and cushions plumped etc. Lol.
Glad you slept well @PenguinMum. @Debandez hope house sale goes well for you. We are also selling:bigtears: but fortunately not a cushion in the house so no plumping. Hours of grass cutting and ditch trimming plus bit of a nightmare scheduling dog walks. 2 very old dogs that don't want more than about 1 hrs walk a day and no longer able to leap into either 4 x 4 so that is more trouble than the house presentation. TBH I think people will buy this as land with a house attached:angelic:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

was 4.8 yesterday and 4.8 today.

Our internet was dire yesterday and I couldn't get pages to load but it's much better so far today :happy:
I tried subbing in some protein powder to my sponge yesterday and it was a moderate and amusing (to mr. gee anyway ;) ),success

Mistake no 1 was adding the usual amount of sweetener, forgetting the protein powder already had some in it so it was a bit sweeter than I usually like.

Mistake no 2 was using the usual amount of liquid, didn't need that amount and it resulted in a slightly more liquid batter. With being more liquid it rose to a level that had mr gee watching through the microwave window in great amusement, then subsided to become flat topped with an aircraft carrier style deck all round :hilarious:

Still had decent texture though so I think it warrants another experiment :) I'd have preferred unflavoured so I could use it in the savoury version too but the big price reduction was for the vanilla flavour.

Sun is out at the moment but it's forecast to be showery and cold, all in all British Bank Holiday weather ;)

Hope your bank holiday is treating you kindly :)

lucybell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
rude people
Good morning everyone. Thanks Harrison for 5his idea. I have not posted in years but need support now. Fasting sugars 15.8. They have not been good this last while. Lots going on and its stress city here...have Dr appointment on 15th which i am not looking forward to. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Diabetes Forum mobile app

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not at the viewing stage @PenguinMum. It's a house me and hubby are renovating so fortunately no cushion plumping required but I've been in that boat and it's very frustrating. Good luck. Hope it sells soon xxx

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you slept well @PenguinMum. @Debandez hope house sale goes well for you. We are also selling:bigtears: but fortunately not a cushion in the house so no plumping. Hours of grass cutting and ditch trimming plus bit of a nightmare scheduling dog walks. 2 very old dogs that don't want more than about 1 hrs walk a day and no longer able to leap into either 4 x 4 so that is more trouble than the house presentation. TBH I think people will buy this as land with a house attached:angelic:
Good luck @ianpspurs. It's all consuming isn't it? Ours is a renovation project. Hoping to finish it within 2 weeks and get it on the market. Not been able to go on forum much of late but hopefully will have more time soon.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly fishing in the wrong pool slightly since some members who may have been ITK seem to have drifted away from this thread. Anyhoow, has anyone else used this little toolette I found in rereading my notes on this (out of ) condition 28.7 x HbA1c — 46.7 = eAG (in mg/dl) ?
@Debandez I hope the renovation project goes well. We may well be involved in one when we sell. If I had my way and anyone knew how Brits in Europe would be treated/received there would be 1 in UK and the other in France. Who knows, we are in no rush to sell and by the time everything is settled that may become possible.

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. Thanks Harrison for 5his idea. I have not posted in years but need support now. Fasting sugars 15.8. They have not been good this last while. Lots going on and its stress city here...have Dr appointment on 15th which i am not looking forward to. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Diabetes Forum mobile app

Hello and welcome to this thread @lucybell, we'll try and destress you here and hopefully not distress you.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At first I thought it would be a pain but now I like not seeing buyers because it is actually less stressful.
I always went out for viewings PM...I had enough stress keeping the place clutter free shiny & sparkling...it felt like someone else's home...absence is the best way to deal with viewings...plus there was always the fear I would hear something negative & be unable to resist tackling them;)

misterjohn

This is a thread for those chatterboxes who not only enjoy letting us know their daily fasting level but also like to engage in friendly banter above and beyond the simple 'hello'. I am not known for my banter but I do enjoy hearing from the regulars about how their day is going, feeds my soul.

So to you, my DCUK friends, here is a new page where you can be as verbose as you wish and still comply with the moderators stick.

Going to link names of regulars, kind of advert for this post and if I've missed your name I apologise.
@karen8967 @gennepher @Freema @johnpol @Jodie1154 @dunelm @philchap1 @alf_Josiah @dogslife @Bubbsie @PenguinMum @SaskiaKC @trick60 @Debandez @ziggy_w @Krystyna23040 @ianpspurs @geefull @jjraak @Patrick66 @OrsonKartt @Cumberland @Chronicle_Cat @Bildad @Goacher55 @JohnEGreen @Prem51

Moderator Comment:

Hi Everyone,
You may find the following information useful when contributing to this thread:

- Threads in the General Chat section of the forum do not appear in the Recent Posts list, so you may want to put the thread on Watch. You can do this by scrolling to the top of the page and looking at the line where the pages are listed. To the right, you will see a Watch Thread option. Click on it, and choose your preferred option when a new post is made (email and/or forum Alerts). That way you can keep up to date when new posts are made.
also
- Every thread, including threads in General Chat, are subject to the forum Ethos and Rules. This means that clique type behaviours, language and ‘us and them’ polarisation will be moderated the same as on any other thread. In the past we have had chat threads that have degenerated into small In Crowd groups being unwelcoming to newcomers, or snarking about events and people elsewhere on the forum. Hopefully this new thread will experience none of that. One way to keep this thread a friendly and welcoming place for everyone is to remember that anyone can see anything you say, whether they are logged into the forum or not, and that all rules on language and friendly support apply here as much as anywhere else on the forum.

Regards,
Brunneria,
On behalf of the moderation team
My latest HbA1c (April) was 40mmol.

This was great news!

I had only been diagnosed in mid-December with the 2nd of 2 monthly readings: 51mmol.

I took radical and drastic action with my diet, following essentially a low carbohydrate rule-of-thumb approach.

I tell people that I follow a very simple diet. I eat nothing I like.

We'll have to see at my next check-up (due in June/July) whether or not my DT2 remains in remission.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

This was great news!

I had only been diagnosed in mid-December with the 2nd of 2 monthly readings: 51mmol.

I took radical and drastic action with my diet, following essentially a low carbohydrate rule-of-thumb approach.

We'll have to see at my next check-up (due in June/July) whether or not my DT2 remains in remission.
Fantastic progress @misterjohn and welcome to this thread - at least I don't recognise you so apologies if you have posted before. Re "eating nothing I like", I don't totally enjoy LC but viewed as a means of controlling a chronic condition it is probably best seen as the least worst option AFAIC. Best wishes for continued progress and keep posting.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

This was great news!

Welcome from here, too, @misterjohn

great score, btw.

As for food, i tend to like most things i DO eat.
never feel too hungry and enjoyed what foods i have.

i have however tried many of the varied and wonderful food choices proffered on these boards, over the last 6 months, ...few survived, but one or two are now staples in my cupboard.

each to his own, ( altho' i suspect the comment is slightly tongue in cheek.:D)

Our roads all lead in the same directions but the twists & turns of the personal side of things, makes each journey diverse and an individual one, BUT however we travel, the team on here are with us each step of the way, even if only in spirit.,

:)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to make a bathroom dash at 5am so checked fbg then and it was 9.8 but I usually meditate an hour or so when I wake up and do gentle bed exercises before I do the fbg.

A couple of hours later after doing meditation and exercise I am 8.4.

So is my true fbg 8.4? Because I haven’t eaten or drunk anything yet?

Not sure on this one @gennepher

my heart says whatever works for you..:)

but my minds logical side :bookworm: says it SHOULD be the natural state you wake up in,
that tells the best tale of you nights slumber and bodies recovery from the previous days/weeks activities...imho..bearing in mind it's not a one off score, but the trend that really sets the tone for our 'Recovery'

As i understand it, we are just a tall pot of glucose, encumbered by too much of the stuff, either because we overloaded in years gone by and the pot is overflowing, (T2D) or because we manage the movement and efficiency of using up THAT energy source (glucose) ineffectively..(T2D)

Our first step is to cut down the amount coming in..(LCHF)
the outcome of that is we are STILL a pot of Glucose, all be it NOT simmering over quite as much as it's NOT being topped up in such a huge manner on a daily basis.
However we do still have too much in us, and we need THAT amount to be reduced also.

It is THAT FBG score, that tells us how well we are managing to reduce our BG levels ..
( a number based on how much our bloods are affected NOW by the previous days/weeks,)

BUT that glucose also 'leaks' out of us, ( and that's good, because it's part of our 'drainage' plan*)
and we can also have the benefit of the liver kicking in with the dawn phenomenon,
to help us start our day.

Now those two can raise your FBG, so i think the measure of how well you are doing, personally in emptying that internal POT, IS the pure FBG.....pure as in, unsullied by eating/exercise/meditation.

as THAT, to my mind IS your waking natural state, BEFORE the body kicks in (hopefully)
or we muddy the waters with coffees, sweeteners, sugars, exercise, etc.

I awake, get up put kettle on, pee, then do FBG's, before eating or drinking anything.
and like all that we do, it's only a good measure IF we do (however we do it) in the same way each morning.

But it's not written in stone, ( at least not by me.:))
whatever people want to do that works best for THEM, is probably the best way to go.

*Part of my plan saw me cut down carbs considerably, and up the fats.
the scores even in early days did not reflect my pre and post eating Bloods.
it took a good while ..a month at least i think before i stepped down in plateaus, from the high 9's and 10' to a steadiers reduction each month via 8/7/6/5.
to the point.where i mainly now am inside a 6 mmol/ 5 mmol bubble most mornings.

Last edited: