Is it ok to have a small rise 2 hour after eating?

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So before my dinner last night my blood sugar was 4.8

1 hr after my dinner I was a 5.5

Then 2 hours after it was a 6

So o checked half an hour after and I was a 5

Is this ok and normal?....I know the numbers are normal but is it normal for food to have a little rise after the 1st hour

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Those numbers and rises are quite normal. Everyone, including non diabetics, will see a rise after eating. Unless you are eating only meat or fish, there will be carbs present. There are even carbs in lettuce. Your rises are so minimal they are no more than small bumps. Well done.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Remember that there is +/- 15% variance in our readings. It is the trends that we should concentrate on because one could take four readings one after the other and all four could be slightly different.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Is this ok and normal?....I know the numbers are normal but is it normal for food to have a little rise after the 1st hour
By looks of it you're doing fantastically and on diet only. Well done.
I was diagnosed in Jan this year (type 2) and as of yet im still to see a level 4 before my meals. Ive only just started seeing low 5s which im happy about. I'm learning that I must be very insulin resistant
Anyway those readings are brilliant :happy: keep doing what youre doing

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By looks of it you're doing fantastically and on diet only. Well done.
I was diagnosed in Jan this year (type 2) and as of yet im still to see a level 4 before my meals. Ive only just started seeing low 5s which im happy about. I'm learning that I must be very insulin resistant
Anyway those readings are brilliant :happy: keep doing what youre doing

Thankyou, it’s hard isn’t it, I hope you get to see the numberyou want it’s just takes time.
I was diagnosed around the middle of March since then just tried my best with my diet as well as exercise. For just under 3 weeks I’ve had 4-5 readings in the morning which I’m so happy about

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Out of interest what was dinner?

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou, it’s hard isn’t it, I hope you get to see the numberyou want it’s just takes time.
I was diagnosed around the middle of March since then just tried my best with my diet as well as exercise. For just under 3 weeks I’ve had 4-5 readings in the morning which I’m so happy about
Thank you, Yes it is hard but all in all i enjoy my new way of eating. I've learned so much, with still so much to learn. Ill get there. Its obviously just going to take me longer.
You're doing so well, well done

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
You can be pretty happy with those numbers, I would be.

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of interest what was dinner?

I had salmon, stir fry vegetables and dried egg noodles, most would say it’s a heavy carb meal, but for some reason my blood sugars haven’t gone out of range in the past 3 weeks