What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 when I woke at 6:10. Would be happier with 6:0, but as all during the day yesterday apart from morning fasting level were 4s and 5s, I’ll settle for that.
You're still a winner then as fasting levels are just a pain at times

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9 this morning

If I remember you were in double digits sometime back... if so, I think you are progressing...all the best... stay focused... marathon, NOT sprint... cut carbs wherever possible... good luck

Reactions: heavyd

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
If I remember you were in double digits sometime back... if so, I think you are progressing...all the best... stay focused... marathon, NOT sprint... cut carbs wherever possible... good luck
Hmm thanks. I got into double digit only once a long time ago. I hover between 6.8 and 9.8. 9.8 especially when I don't care about my diet. Last weekend was such a lot of parties and high carb food throughout. Thanks so much

Reactions: Shas3

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmm thanks. I got into double digit only once a long time ago. I hover between 6.8 and 9.8. 9.8 especially when I don't care about my diet. Last weekend was such a lot of parties and high carb food throughout. Thanks so much

I see... for some reason I remember the 10.8 readings. Anyway good luck and yes controlling carbs in social situations can be challenging....

Reactions: heavyd

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up to the same number as when I went to bed ... 6.8 ... Not terribly happy but not getting too bogged down either. I will be seeing my doctor today with my latest tests. They show my post eating numbers being good but fasting still on slightly higher side...

My cholesterol profile has improved significantly since last test. HDL up, LDL down (but still a bit higher than desirable) and triglycerides are significantly lowered.

Vitamin D is well in desirable range. It was quite low, which is a shame considering i live on the equator with sunshine all year round.

Doctor should hopefully be happy with the progress. My main point is - if I could get off the gliptin (onglyza) that he put me on a while ago. Let’s see. Good day everyone