Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
No problem. Hopefully, @ketointheuk can come back in her own words to clarify.
So I can at least do my "man thing," punch the air in a yay sort of way..? :D

I believe this is Ginger's personal journey.. It's done the only way she knows how.
I'd like to see steadier metering with her dialog too. But the production values on the vid are cool.
There seems to be a far bit of tight editing. (Which adds to the style.) Maybe invest in a "autoque?" ;)

Aye, the tight editing does not lend itself to lip reading. I'm fairly sure you can punch the air, though.

I got as far as her thoughts on protein which I thought were fine as long as it is a personal journey. I just hope that she is aware (and I'm sure the lady is) that prorein metabolism changes as one ages and can change abrubtly under certain circumstances. So, as is often said here One Size does not fit all.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you jaylee.
Now i don’t need to watch it.
I confess that I find podcasts almost impossible to watch. Usually too much personality obscuring the content.
Please note that I am not making that comment about this podcast, since I haven’t seen it.
It is just that past experience makes me very reluctant to click Play.

Yeah... I'm normally wary of "spoilers." Guess I forgot to check the "mixed company" before engaging in discussion.
Past experience ever since discovering who Luke Skywalker's dad was has taught me to check... :banghead::oops: Sorry.. (Bang my head a thousand times.) :D

Aye, the tight editing does not lend itself to lip reading. I'm fairly sure you can punch the air, though.

I got as far as her thoughts on protein which I thought were fine as long as it is a personal journey. I just hope that she is aware (and I'm sure the lady is) that prorein metabolism changes as one ages and can change abrubtly under certain circumstances. So, as is often said here One Size does not fit all.

One size don't. I agree It may change with age,circumstances & gender ..? I was looking at it with a "mod's eye" for profanity. ;)

Reactions: Guzzler

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just finished watching several of Ginger's presentations and she does seem to have good presentation skills combined with apparently valid points regarding dietary guidelines. I really don't think I follow a Keto diet but my eating and drinking habits are sort of similar to it. Ginger's take is that in addition to carbohydrates, protein is also a factor contributing to our insulin resistance, so limit protein intake also. The calculations and extra effort to do this may pay off for some, but I think I'll just follow the path to me which is most reasonable, and that is to ingest minimal carbs, eat and drink less and get some daily moderate exercise. My guides on this path will be my trusty blood glucose monitor, blood pressure monitor and my tracking spreadsheet, without which I would surely be inexorably rushing towards the type 2 diabetes version of the "Drop of Doom"...

ketointheuk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to turn on notifications via email too! Sorry I am just catching up on this guys. This is a very incomplete video if it's the first you look into protein limits for keto and I apologise if my style and voice are unclear as I gathered from feedback here. It's funny cause english not being my first language I used to believe I speak slower... think how fast I speak in italian then :p

that being said, in case it's not clear I feel like I need to make it very clear, I started to do this research in protein limits because of personal issues, and if low carb works with the simple one rule "under 20g carbs per day" I don't think any more fuss should be taken. if it ain't broken, don't fix it!

that being said, because I must have done a serious amoug of damage to my body in 2016/2017 due to eating disorders, even sticking to keto as I had done before, wasn't working on me anymore, so I had to dig into stuff.

Protein limit was the first thing that I had to consider, and I made the first video about that here http://po.st/ketoexplained
so after that I took a more "insulin control" approach, cause I had also lowered my metabolism enough that at 1200kcal I was still maintaining, so I needed a different approach.

Because In january I started the LCHF for Practitioners course by Prof Tim Noakes and through lectures there I stumbled upon the advised protein and carb limit per meal, which went along with some of the principles I had observed, I made this video to share what I learns in those lectures and studies.

I need to stress this: i only interpret and report data, articles, studies, I stand on the shoulders of giants and do not claim to be a doctor.

Any question that I might have left unanswered feel free to answer here and I'll get back to you!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you jaylee.
Now i don’t need to watch it.
I confess that I find podcasts almost impossible to watch. Usually too much personality obscuring the content.
Please note that I am not making that comment about this podcast, since I haven’t seen it.
It is just that past experience makes me very reluctant to click Play.
I'm the same if all the video is is people talking with no slides or anything else. I tend to save the videos as audio files and listen to them on a thumb drive mp3 player I have - great insomnia aid :D

Reactions: Brunneria