Tesco staff look at us suspiciously

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are now buying Oat and Almond milk..

Fruit

No biscuits or cake or chocolate

Is coconut (fresh) on the good list or the bad list?

My fasting morning finger prick is about 5.7 and bedtime 6.0

We had porridge with a 50/50 oat milk/water mix but usually now we have a smoothie

Reactions: Gail1947

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
So why are staff in the supermarket looking at you with suspicion?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tested after the smoothie to see how your numbers are?
I'd test before and after porridge and various fruits as well to see how they affect your bg.

Fresh coconut is great by the way!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I would swerve the porridge and the oat milk, to be honest and limit fruit to small servings of strawberries, raspberries or blackberries which are all lower in carbs. Serve them with double cream or better still with full fat plain Greek yoghurt for a quick breakfast or a desssert.

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would swerve the porridge and the oat milk, to be honest and limit fruit to small servings of strawberries, raspberries or blackberries which are all lower in carbs. Serve them with double cream or better still with full fat plain Greek yoghurt for a quick breakfast or a desssert.

We have porridge 1 day a week, on 1 weekend day i do a bacon+mushroom omelette and most mornings we have a smoothie of the usual berries but have some avocado to buy

Reactions: Guzzler

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my fingers will only take so much pricking
Are you setting the depth deeper than necessary? Drawing more than you need? Well hydrated? Using the sides not pad or tip? Rotating fingers? Warming hand first?

Eventually it can get to the most careful of prickers but there are steps to delay that point

Reactions: Prem51