Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ViolaChiri

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my bedtime and wake up numbers are staying stubbornly at 6,8. My doc says it’s not bad and asks me not to stress about it... but i am getting impatient
Hang in there, it takes more time for others than some for numbers to come down. I also had very high readings post diagnosis for sometime before they started normalizing. Still waiting to take my second HbA1c test to see if I am in the non diabetic range. So take each day as it comes and with time I'm sure they will be in your desired range :)

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hang in there, it takes more time for others than some for numbers to come down. I also had very high readings post diagnosis for sometime before they started normalizing. Still waiting to take my second HbA1c test to see if I am in the non diabetic range. So take each day as it comes and with time I'm sure they will be in your desired range :)

Thanks
I hope so.... and hopefully soon.
I know some of it is dawn effect. When i try at 4:00 am or so, it is usually great.... but once I go back to bed and get a couple of hours of zzzzs it goes up a couple of points. Though I don’t know if I should really worry about the dawn effect if it goes from 5 (before DP) to 7;00 after DP sets in...

Reactions: Freema and Prem51